Let's settle this now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Let's settle this now

No, not Francona.  The bashers will never agree on anything.

Not Wakefield either, nor anyone else people get mad at.

No, this is about the Rays.  The Sox are in town for three, and their wild card lead is 6.5.  If the Rays sweep, it's down to 3.5, which could be dire.  But why should that happen? 

I think the Sox have a decent shot at taking 2 of 3.   Lackey tonight and Lester on Sunday (against Price) give us a shot.  Weiland, not so much. 

Lackey is capable of holding a so-so hitting team to, say, 3 or 4 runs for 6 innings, and the Sox should be able to score more than that.  Pedroia batting cleanup scares me, but maybe it will shake him out of his recent lethargy. 

As for Sunday, give Lester the ball is all I can say.  He is a money pitcher. 

Plus the Sox have been great on the road this year and the Rays not so hot (who can blame them?) at home.  The Rays are starting three righties, so Francona will load the lineup with lefties.  With Youk in Boston, for example, Boston will have seven lefties (including Salty and Lowrie) and two righties--the red hot Scutaro and the dangerous (usually, maybe not now) Pedroia--in tonight's lineup.  Plus Reddick is hitting again, and Ellsbury is almost as hot as Scutaro.   

Sox have 19 to go and the Rays 20.  If the Sox take 2 of 3, that's a 7.5 game lead with 16 to play, plus some pretty good momentum.  I say again, let's settle this now.  It is doable.

It would be helpful, I have to admit, if someone could go visit Scutaro and Lowrie and tell them a bunch of errors could lead to swimming with the fishes. 

Did I forget to say the Sox are still a pretty good team? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: Let's settle this now

Better to be cautious and skip Lester and rest Pedroia and Agon. Its been working well since management decided to rest up, about 2 weeks ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

All the pressure should be on Tampa Bay.

But when the media and the bashers ( mostly fairweather/bandwagon types) start their moaning and negative cr@p mostly leveled at Lackey, Francona and Crawford , this puts more pressure on the Sox , unnecessarily.

The Sox are in the driver's seat here, we can catch New York more easily than Tampa can catch us. they have to be almost perfect and the Sox need to practically collapse....this won't happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Coasting too soon has given Rays one last miracle hope. Won't happen, but it does expose and embarrass a bad management job for the regular season. If post season isn't WS title or close WS or ALCS close loss to Yankees, Inepstein needs to be fired along with Tito. Performance for pay isn't about years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Let's settle this now:
    Better to be cautious and skip Lester and rest Pedroia and Agon. Its been working well since management decided to rest up, about 2 weeks ago.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

You're being sarcastic, of course, but, if the Sox had someone good to play 2B, I would be tempted.  The great Dustin (and I do think he is great) is looking a mite chilly these days.  He will get thru it, of course, I just hope it happens soon. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

max, being capable of 6 IP, and 3 or 4 runs is not the same as actually doing it. I'd say it's 50-50 that Lackey can give you a decent start. It's probably 60-40 that he is due for a dreadful start. I hope he throws a no hitter though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

max, being capable of 6 IP, and 3 or 4 runs is not the same as actually doing it. I'd say it's 50-50 that Lackey can give you a decent start. It's probably 60-40 that he is due for a dreadful start. I hope he throws a no hitter though.
    Posted by dannycater

Danny, I completely agree that he is capable, but is by no means a sure thing.  I hope the 60-40 is in favor of a decent start, not a dreadful one.  Time for big John to step up.  Oh, and whine a little less. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

right now, if Lackey threw 9 innings (I know it's impossible to ask that of the horse) I don't care if the final score was Sox 9, Rays 8, it would be a big lift to the team and save the pen for a change. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Good luck with getting anything positive from Lackey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Prior to his last start, Lackey had 5 straight of 4 or fewer earned runs.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Let's settle this now:
    No, not Francona.  The bashers will never agree on anything. Not Wakefield either, nor anyone else people get mad at. No, this is about the Rays.  The Sox are in town for three, and their wild card lead is 6.5.  If the Rays sweep, it's down to 3.5, which could be dire.  But why should that happen?  I think the Sox have a decent shot at taking 2 of 3.   Lackey tonight and Lester on Sunday (against Price) give us a shot.  Weiland, not so much.  Lackey is capable of holding a so-so hitting team to, say, 3 or 4 runs for 6 innings, and the Sox should be able to score more than that.  Pedroia batting cleanup scares me, but maybe it will shake him out of his recent lethargy.  As for Sunday, give Lester the ball is all I can say.  He is a money pitcher.  Plus the Sox have been great on the road this year and the Rays not so hot (who can blame them?) at home.  The Rays are starting three righties, so Francona will load the lineup with lefties.  With Youk in Boston, for example, Boston will have seven lefties (including Salty and Lowrie) and two righties--the red hot Scutaro and the dangerous (usually, maybe not now) Pedroia--in tonight's lineup.  Plus Reddick is hitting again, and Ellsbury is almost as hot as Scutaro.    Sox have 19 to go and the Rays 20.  If the Sox take 2 of 3, that's a 7.5 game lead with 16 to play, plus some pretty good momentum.  I say again, let's settle this now.  It is doable. It would be helpful, I have to admit, if someone could go visit Scutaro and Lowrie and tell them a bunch of errors could lead to swimming with the fishes.  Did I forget to say the Sox are still a pretty good team? 
    Posted by maxbialystock

nostradamus you are not  think with your brain not with your heart - Wake is better than lackey and that is bad news....all i want is a game in this series - i will take that

and the sox are not a good team at this point - not even a mediocre team

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Let's settle this now : Please rewrite this since it is unintelligible as is.
    Posted by Pollyanna1964

nostradamus you are not... think with your brain, not with your heart - Wake is better than lackey and that is bad news....all i want is a game in this series - i will take that

is that better? you are awfully anal for a pollyanna...are you really Pikeyanna? I think so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Let's settle this now:
    No, not Francona.  The bashers will never agree on anything. Not Wakefield either, nor anyone else people get mad at. No, this is about the Rays.  The Sox are in town for three, and their wild card lead is 6.5.  If the Rays sweep, it's down to 3.5, which could be dire.  But why should that happen?  I think the Sox have a decent shot at taking 2 of 3.   Lackey tonight and Lester on Sunday (against Price) give us a shot.  Weiland, not so much.  Lackey is capable of holding a so-so hitting team to, say, 3 or 4 runs for 6 innings, and the Sox should be able to score more than that.  Pedroia batting cleanup scares me, but maybe it will shake him out of his recent lethargy.  As for Sunday, give Lester the ball is all I can say.  He is a money pitcher.  Plus the Sox have been great on the road this year and the Rays not so hot (who can blame them?) at home.  The Rays are starting three righties, so Francona will load the lineup with lefties.  With Youk in Boston, for example, Boston will have seven lefties (including Salty and Lowrie) and two righties--the red hot Scutaro and the dangerous (usually, maybe not now) Pedroia--in tonight's lineup.  Plus Reddick is hitting again, and Ellsbury is almost as hot as Scutaro.    Sox have 19 to go and the Rays 20.  If the Sox take 2 of 3, that's a 7.5 game lead with 16 to play, plus some pretty good momentum.  I say again, let's settle this now.  It is doable. It would be helpful, I have to admit, if someone could go visit Scutaro and Lowrie and tell them a bunch of errors could lead to swimming with the fishes.  Did I forget to say the Sox are still a pretty good team? 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Oops, Lackey should be good for say, 5 runs over about 3 innings....and.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Let's settle this now : You're being sarcastic, of course, but, if the Sox had someone good to play 2B, I would be tempted.  The great Dustin (and I do think he is great) is looking a mite chilly these days.  He will get thru it, of course, I just hope it happens soon. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

The lunatic Softone actually believes the Sox quit for the divisional title while in first place. He thinks using a 6-man rotation when the team had the healthy pitching depth was a surrender flag, as it's his way of saying Wake means surrender.

When this religious nut-case gets an idea in his thick skull, regardless of how insane it is, it becomes cemented like Jonah & the Whale.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

religious nut-case

And the angry bigoted dim bulb thinks that all of this MRI and weeks of 6 man monte was simply circumstance. It was early coast and rest mode, which didn't stop the prade to the injury list.

You are a harnut for a reason, a worshiper of a certain catcher because of your loser life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And if Dice took Wake's spot in the 6-man monte, you'd be spending your idle time finding new ways to credit Jake's season to Wally.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wake stinks. DiceK was an integral part of 2007 divison and title team, as well as 2008 ALCS 7 game loser team. Wastefield is the face of 2003 ALCS homer playoff loss.

Wastefield hasn't won a single game since about June 23. If it werent for management's PR priority he would have been released.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And yet Wake won more games than Dice in 2007. And he dwarfed him in WHIP in 2008 - Dice's career year.

Meanwhile, Dice is rooting for Wake - from the bench.
    Pity Wake can't lend Dice some of his 3200+ career IP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

And yet Wake won more games than Dice in 2007. And he dwarfed him in WHIP in 2008 - Dice's career year . Meanwhile, Dice is rooting for Wake - from the bench. Pity Wake can't lend Dice some of his 3200+ career IP.
    Posted by harness

To even think Dice has done more for this team than Wake is insane Harness..Im sure softflaw wont let the facts get in the way of his hatred for players on a team that he supposedly cheers for...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Let's settle this now : To even think Dice has done more for this team than Wake is insane Harness..Im sure softflaw wont let the facts get in the way of his hatred for players on a team that he supposedly cheers for...
    Posted by southpaw777

Bias is the great blinder, my friend.

Sections
Shortcuts