Lets take a minute to ..............

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Lets take a minute to ..............

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Reflect on all the bad news taht our sports world delivers every day and the effect on all of us & more so on the youth of America..........  I am with Tebow as I take a knee and wonder what DAD would say today........    "Son, these guys are killing the golden goose" !!!!!!!!!

Do you read what you write before you post??  Try it.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Reflect on all the bad news taht our sports world delivers every day and the effect on all of us & more so on the youth of America..........  I am with Tebow as I take a knee and wonder what DAD would say today........    "Son, these guys are killing the golden goose" !!!!!!!!!

I agree bill.  Hernandez had it all and seemingly blew it.  Of course he is innocent until proven guilty but right now things don't look very good.

Some athletes are treated like gods so I think they lose touch with reality at times.  Tebow is vilified for talking about God, I think we need more athletes like him.  I would rather kids emulate him than people like hernandez

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Taht made so mcuch sinse to mee. Everty tiem I make a sucksussfull sales call I take a neee. Thank Cheesus for  helpine em mack this sals call. God is a Tebone fan. God loves footbawl. God says "who care about the children of Darfur for it is Sunday I want this jack___ to score a touchdown and beat the spread"

Tebow is a fool and so Bill and so am I for wasting my time responding to such a poor speller.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree bill.  Hernandez had it all and seemingly blew it.  Of course he is innocent until proven guilty but right now things don't look very good.

Some athletes are treated like gods so I think they lose touch with reality at times.  Tebow is vilified for talking about God, I think we need more athletes like him.  I would rather kids emulate him than people like hernandez

Thanks 67RS......  Tell that to the 2 posters above you, not sure that they understand !!!!

[/QUOTE]

You are welcome bill!  I get your posts, you are a clever guy.  I think some posters aren't as sharp as you so they don't get what you are trying to say.  Hence all the name calling and bad blood.

At first I thought you were a kindly old man, now I think you are in your late 30's to mid 40's having a little fun on this board.  If that's the case then you had me fooled.  Well done bill!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks 67RS......  Tell that to the 2 posters above you, not sure that they understand !!!!

You are welcome bill!  I get your posts, you are a clever guy.  I think some posters aren't as sharp as you so they don't get what you are trying to say.  Hence all the name calling and bad blood.

At first I thought you were a kindly old man, now I think you are in your late 30's to mid 40's having a little fun on this board.  If that's the case then you had me fooled.  Well done bill!!!

Thanks again 67RS......  Tell that to WOLFPACK13 who looks to be hung-up on my spelling....... Never was a strong suit, but commen sense & sports was !!!   Hey, watch the Celtics & Dannys moves tonight !!!!  Beats watching the "gang-banger that just blew 41MIl.......  Enjoy your next life in a 7X10 suite !!!!   (suite, did I spell that right??)

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a great speller either, they say creative people can't spell, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.Wink  I ignore people who pick on spelling, small minds.

My dad  was a great fan of all four teams.  He would have a radio jack in his ear listening to a game while watching another game on tv.  He worked at fenway as a kid.

I love the sox, as a kid loved the bruins and now love the pats.  I never developed an interest in basketball.  Of course I want all our teams to win every championship. Too bad about the bruins.

I was in jail for a short time bill but they let me out without an explanation.  I didn't see you or softy there.  I think I was blindfolded in solitary  because I have no memory of the experience.  This is a left leaning board and who know if the NSA is listening.SealedWink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to MLBHats' comment:

Find a better place to rant.....

My definitive guide to buying MLB Hats online -> MLB Hats

Find a better place to sell your hats....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Wolfpack13's comment:

Taht made so mcuch sinse to mee. Everty tiem I make a sucksussfull sales call I take a neee. Thank Cheesus for  helpine em mack this sals call. God is a Tebone fan. God loves footbawl. God says "who care about the children of Darfur for it is Sunday I want this jack___ to score a touchdown and beat the spread"

Tebow is a fool and so Bill and so am I for wasting my time responding to such a poor speller.

Athletic, musical, artistic, mathmatical and many other abilities are gifts from God. The same could be said for high IQ and any other talent or gift a person has. These are gifts from God but we decide what to do with them.

Some work hard to hone their talents some do not. It is always right to thank someone for a gift so of course it's right to thank God for His gifts.

God has given us a pretty nice world even though we are not in paradise, we lost our place there.  God gives people talents to make the world a more beautiful and entertianing place it seems to me.

So, is God up in heaven cheering on His favorite team, I doubt it LOL. Is He focused on sports and ignoring poor children, of course not.  But he did give tebow his athletic abilities and tebow choses to thank Him.  There are worse things in this world.  Hernandez comes to mind.

Please feel free to correct my spelling, I miss having spell check here!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Athletic, musical, artistic, mathmatical and many other abilities are gifts from God. The same could be said for high IQ and any other talent or gift a person has. These are gifts from God but we decide what to do with them.

Some work hard to hone their talents some do not. It is always right to thank someone for a gift so of course it's right to thank God for His gifts.

God has given us a pretty nice world even though we are not in paradise, we lost our place there.  God gives people talents to make the world a more beautiful and entertianing place it seems to me.

So, is God up in heaven cheering on His favorite team, I doubt it LOL. Is He focused on sports and ignoring poor children, of course not.  But he did give tebow his athletic abilities and tebow choses to thank Him.  There are worse things in this world.  Hernandez comes to mind.

Anyone with a BILL LEE photo is OK with me........  Your feet are grounded !!!! BTW, Look at the HISTOEY of the 806 to figure my age..........  TIP, I was there 1967-68 !!!

[/QUOTE]

I looked up the history of the 806.  In WWll she served in the south pacific, so did my dad.  I doubt he was on her but he may have seen her, small world!  Thank-you for your service to our country.

So you are anywhere from your mid to late 60's to your 70's. Since I'm going to be 60 this year your'e not an old man at all LOL!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

Religious fanatics s/b vilified. Keep one's religion to one's self. Btw, if the NFL had more players like Tebow, it would go out of business.

I will not keep my religious beliefs to myself.  At least for now I have freedom of speech and freedom of religion. If you don't like it that's your problem.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

You guys are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!  Right before our very eyes....a budding relationship!  Good to see Willie continuing to turn more and more liberal as the days go by.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

You guys are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!  Right before our very eyes....a budding relationship!  Good to see Willie continuing to turn more and more liberal as the days go by.......

[/QUOTE]

Adorable, how sweet LOL!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

Religious fanatics s/b vilified. Keep one's religion to one's self. Btw, if the NFL had more players like Tebow, it would go out of business.

Anyone who villifies an athlete for their religion is small minded, (which aside from a few jokes hasn't happened to tebow) review tebows real problem is that he's terrible at football. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to crimsonandclover's comment:

The sports and entertainment business mearly reflects the value of the culture, which is marketing immediate human gratification. If one looks at the fraud of major college sports, this value can easily be seen. Does anyone look at athletic scholarships and claims of "student athletes" and see anything but professional sports business with virtually zero academic integrity?

The character of a professional athlete is meaningless, as long as he is able to preform in the competition. The latest pop issue of Hernandez is simply a case of a player who can't perform from his jail cell. His character has nothing to do with why he was released.

As hard as these league personal relations and advertising departments are working to put these pampered thugs in suits and community service appearances, there is no way to ignore the fact that the sports and entertainment business is marketing to a value that results in culture of hooligans.

Well said.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to crimsonandclover's comment:

The sports and entertainment business mearly reflects the value of the culture, which is marketing immediate human gratification. If one looks at the fraud of major college sports, this value can easily be seen. Does anyone look at athletic scholarships and claims of "student athletes" and see anything but professional sports business with virtually zero academic integrity?

The character of a professional athlete is meaningless, as long as he is able to preform in the competition. The latest pop issue of Hernandez is simply a case of a player who can't perform from his jail cell. His character has nothing to do with why he was released.

As hard as these league personal relations and advertising departments are working to put these pampered thugs in suits and community service appearances, there is no way to ignore the fact that the sports and entertainment business is marketing to a value that results in culture of hooligans.

Well said.

crimsonandclover: All that you say is all too true. Unfortunately too many people would rather that these truths not be revealed. Especially those who profit most from such a culture.

Hey, 67. Hope all is well with you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Talking about God doesn't make you less likely to be a killer. See: Ray Lewis. Or Jim Jones down at Jonestown. 

Morality is defined by your actions, not your beliefs. Wingnuts struggle with this concept. 

Bill, in the spirt of your post, the best way to keep kids on the right track is to spend time with them doing things they love, playing sports with them, giving them new role models that are close to home, not on a TV somewhere. Make your time count. That's the biggest gift with the biggest impact. Push away from the message board and change someone's life. 

I'll go give it my best shot now.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts