Lets talk about this starting rotation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Lets talk about this starting rotation

They are absolutely filthy right now and are currently leading the American League in ERA. If this is what we are working with all year we have a very bright future ahead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Lets talk about this starting rotation

I'm excited. I had a feeling the rotation would bounce back, but not this quickly. I was of the opinion that lester and buch shouldn't be traded, because there was a far greater chance of them returning to form than finding a quality pitcher in trade. Now we have the two headed monster at the top, decent depth, and a few arms down on the farm that look primed to be big league pitchers soon. look out AL east. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i wonder when we see ruby for the first time in the bigs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i wonder when we see ruby for the first time in the bigs?

probably not for a little while...Hes looked pretty bad so far in AAA and they are only giving him 2IP at a time. They have a few better choices ahead of him right now. hes still a work in progress and may not end up a starter when its all said and done. Time will tell...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Tazawa is the Diamond in the rough, when first saw him in the Minors he was skinny and if he hit 90 it was something. He's worked really hard and has gotten so much stronger. Glad for him.

Theres a few people who want Taz in the rotation. At first I was on board with that idea. As time has gone one my view has changed. We have a good rotation right now, even with Aceves filling in very admirably. We also have arms like Webster, Ranaudo, Barnes, Workman, Owens, etc., getting very close to being MLB ready. Taz has looked dominant in his role in the pen. I would also suggest that he could be a future closer too.

Hes hitting 96 on the gun and with that kind of separation from his secondary pitches  that he didnt have before the surgery, Hes even that much more dangerous. Not sure id mess with that right now considering our current pitching situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

This Webster kid is looking pretty filthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Now we have the strongest rotation and solid BP, few of our batters need to find their groove.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Now we have the strongest rotation and solid BP, few of our batters need to find their groove.  

Its easy to get ahead of ourselves since the team is now 12-6 and in first place. But its only April 22. When its July 22 and we are in first place with the second ranked pitching staff in the league I will become a believer. Right now I still think this club is close to a .500 team. I know thats going to ruffle some feathers, but after years of declining pitching quality I am not yet ready to pronounce our pitching as fixed. Furthermore, the hitting is now 7th in OPS in the AL and while thats not nearly as important as the pitching, its a concern.

Sections
Shortcuts