Like Fonzie, PumpsieGreen was Wrrron, wrrron, wronnn...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Like Fonzie, PumpsieGreen was Wrrron, wrrron, wronnn...

Pumpsie went on the record as to the Sox' record, and predicted an 81-81 season. The Sox would have to play .414 ball the rest of the way, think Mets and Brewers quality baseball. Proly not gonna happen, big guy. Looks like you were WRONG.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Like Fonzie, PumpsieGreen was Wrrron, wrrron, wronnn...

i made the same prediction but in all fairness, i didnt hear much dissent there...about 90% of the board was predicting some type of 80 win season

As always - 100% correct!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

show me a poster who never made a wrong prediction

and I will show you a poster who never made a prediction

“If there is anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back, if you’re out there, take that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me, please, I want to meet you”  pumpsie green

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

There could be more posters than just PG that likely made wrong predictions about the Sox final record. I can think of about 6 posters here who said they would be a .500 team...Lots of TV/Radio personalities could be wrong as well. Just wondering why you singled PG out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

“If there is anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back, if you’re out there, take that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me, please, I want to meet you”  pumpsie green

That cooking lady that used the N word said that, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

right

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

There could be more posters than just PG that likely made wrong predictions about the Sox final record. I can think of about 6 posters here who said they would be a .500 team...Lots of TV/Radio personalities could be wrong as well. Just wondering why you singled PG out?

Just tweaking PG, as a regular on the frat house chat, I figured he could take it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

right

I just heard it yesterday when I stopped by the folks house and my mother had some tv show with whoopie goldberg on. Too bad shes getting blasted now, for something she said 30+ years ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i made the same prediction but in all fairness, i didnt hear much dissent there...about 90% of the board was predicting some type of 80 win season

Well, I had their offense in the 800 run area, so that's usually enough to be more than competitive, and back then, I said so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Just tweaking PG, as a regular on the frat house chat, I figured he could take it.

Thats what I thought since were all on the "frat chat", just wanted to make sure...Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

To be fair to the OP Pumpsie said two day ago this team is only going to will 78-84 games. The team would have be really bad the rest of the way for that to happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't even like pumpsie-green, but he's genius compared to me.  I figured the Sox would go 71-91.  81-81 was an entirely rational, even hopefuly prediction.  What the Sox are doing right now is off the charts. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I don't even like pumpsie-green, but he's genius compared to me.  I figured the Sox would go 71-91.  81-81 was an entirely rational, even hopefuly prediction.  What the Sox are doing right now is off the charts. 

I didnt pay attention to their final record last year because they basically fielded an AAA team for 2 months. So when people were saying, do you really think that they can be 20 games better than last year, I thought why not? most all the good players were either hurt or traded last year.

With good pitching 90 wins was totally reasonable, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Unless Ben & J F can pull the right pitchers together, our good start could go the otherway very fast.......  IE: Lester, Buck,Closer ....... The pen has been good, can they keep it up ??   I see Ben moving "a few" (2-3) vets to make room for some of our own kids, and I would be all for that.......  They have been fun to watch so far, big 4 game series starting tonight with the Jays will be INTERESTING  !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Unless Ben & J F can pull the right pitchers together, our good start could go the otherway very fast.......  IE: Lester, Buck,Closer ....... The pen has been good, can they keep it up ??   I see Ben moving "a few" (2-3) vets to make room for some of our own kids, and I would be all for that.......  They have been fun to watch so far, big 4 game series starting tonight with the Jays will be INTERESTING  !!

What "kids" are ready to step in and give us the same, or better production than the position they will be taking over is already giving us?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What "kids" are ready to step in and give us the same, or better production than the position they will be taking over is already giving us?

[/QUOTE]A couple of pitchers from the syste, and a long shot in Bogarts @ 3rd with IGGY going back to SS  !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://youtu.be/WkqgDoo_eZE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So  that makes 99 percent correct?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Predicting the Sox would be the "Titanic" is about an 80 win team?

Ok...

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just wait until we get in the game chat room at the same time Youk, where the use of foul language is not restricted.................just kidding of course. Its beginning to look like those of us, including me, who predicted a .500 season might be off a bit. I certainly hope so. I would like to see some playoff baseball as much as any other Sox fan here. Unfortunately, if we do get into the playoffs, unless Lester finds his groove again and Bucky gets healthy, our stay there will be short lived. I am a firm believer in the need for good to excellent pitching once you get into the postseason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Please don't make fun of pimpsie-green or he will cry to Dottie... we need to soothe him, re-hab him, and then allow him back into society as an equal.

He only wants pretection from the Evil Conan the Barbarian O'Brian, lest he will wilt like a delicate Andrew Mitch flower.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Please don't make fun of pimpsie-green or he will cry to Dottie... we need to soothe him, re-hab him, and then allow him back into society as an equal.

Thats more than I would give you Burrito.

Sections
Shortcuts