Like Fonzie, PumpsieGreen was Wrrron, wrrron, wronnn...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Like Fonzie, PumpsieGreen was Wrrron, wrrron, wronnn...

I predicted they would have more wins than losses a la Dick Williams and John Farrell. I like my chances of being right.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to youkillus' comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

There could be more posters than just PG that likely made wrong predictions about the Sox final record. I can think of about 6 posters here who said they would be a .500 team...Lots of TV/Radio personalities could be wrong as well. Just wondering why you singled PG out?

Just tweaking PG, as a regular on the frat house chat, I figured he could take it.

Just wait until we get in the game chat room at the same time Youk, where the use of foul language is not restricted.................just kidding of course. Its beginning to look like those of us, including me, who predicted a .500 season might be off a bit. I certainly hope so. I would like to see some playoff baseball as much as any other Sox fan here. Unfortunately, if we do get into the playoffs, unless Lester finds his groove again and Bucky gets healthy, our stay there will be short lived. I am a firm believer in the need for good to excellent pitching once you get into the postseason.

I would take getting into the playoffs after the past few years. Farrell would be the manager of the year and Cherington would be consider a genius.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

i made the same prediction but in all fairness, i didnt hear much dissent there...about 90% of the board was predicting some type of 80 win season

As always - 100% correct!

Well, I had their offense in the 800 run area, so that's usually enough to be more than competitive, and back then, I said so.

It isn't as difficult as some make it out to be.  Calculat their expected OPS (called it a).  Calculate their OPSa (b).  a^1.83/((a^1.83)+(b^1.83)).  That's your expected winning %.  My guess is that some would prefer to not do so because it will lead them to the conclusion that we have a good team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I  predicted 97 wins.    Of course, ALSO said Doubront would win 20 + , and compete for CYA.

And had Lackey done and on D.L. long ago. Oh well, sometimes being wrong a nice surprise on individual results.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Pumpsie Green is absolutely right, sometimes, but nearly always envisions a dark Red Sox future . . .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Want to know how good this team is playing now?

Pumpsie has gone from saying that this team isn't good enough to make the playoffs to saying that this team isn't good enough to do deep into the playoffs. 

Smile

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Say what?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I went with 82-80.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

I  predicted 97 wins.    Of course, ALSO said Doubront would win 20 + , and compete for CYA.

And had Lackey done and on D.L. long ago. Oh well, sometimes being wrong a nice surprise on individual results.

We were lucky to have Doubront, while Buchholz was out. He was a valuable part of team.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to WilburNU's comment:

Crystal balls are useless when you are sitting in the darkroom.

Seriously Pike. Think you can keep it civil this time around?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I sadly fall in the category of having made no prediction.  If I had, I'm pretty sure I would not even have predicted 81 wins.  More like 70 or 75. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I projected 91 wins, which wasn't far off the mark of 1 more win a month. I believe this Red Sox team is highly overrated. We'll see, and I hope I miss it by more than 1 game a month.

Overrated?  There is nary a pundit who is picking the Sox to win the pennant, despite having the best record in the league.  There is nothing overrated about this club.  They won 97 games, best record in the AL, biggest run differential in the league.  Period.  It is what it is.  Despite the actual performance results (not predictions), no one is picking the Sox for anything.  Where do you get overrated?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Regular season is a different story, where the media didn't expect them to be any good. That's how stupid the media is, you have a massive payroll and the law of averages means the Red Sox and the billion dollar labor budget would get in the playoffs was long overdue.

Baseball really makes you feel like a little kid again, doesn't it? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Red Sox are nearly consensus media and organized cime betting line favorites to win the post season favorites to win AL, Space. 

Regular season is a different story, where the media didn't expect them to be any good. That's how stupid the media is, you have a massive payroll and the law of averages means the Red Sox and the billion dollar labor budget would get in the playoffs was long overdue.

I have not seen the organized crime betting line, but I have seen most of the media picks, and they are not coming up Sox.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I projected 91 wins, which wasn't far off the mark of 1 more win a month. I believe this Red Sox team is highly overrated. We'll see, and I hope I miss it by more than 1 game a month.

No you didn't. 

But I predict you will continue to be wrong about a bunch of stuff, but never own it. 

-Daf. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

softlaw2's comment:

This team won't be near the leaders when Lap 162 rolls around.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

softlaw2's comment:

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

Oops.  The only thing that can destroy Softy's positions:  his own words.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

softlaw2's comment:

Oh, he already covered this.  He projected 91 wins (actually 88-91), and he only missed by '1 win a month', and that was only because Tex and Jeter were out for the season.  See?

Sections
Shortcuts