Likely Lineup and batting order, and rotation and bullpen order going forward...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

Likely Lineup and batting order, and rotation and bullpen order going forward...

I am leaning towards a lineup of cespy in right, vic in center, craig in left.. with boegs staying at third for now and holt at ss everyday! need him at leadoff everyday. middy will come if injury or at callup time in september with Jbj (will b sent down). BO=holt,pedy,cesp,ortiz,nap,craig,vic (really should flip with pedy but..), boegs+vasquez (poor backup.. only gets to catch buch at most )... rotation.. other than the untradeable (perhaps to theo in off-season) tand kelly, the other 3 are just show pieces for hamels and stanton... de la rosa will likely b packaged to philly for hamels if he keeps progressing. owens is more for 2016.

"Freedom = less THEISM, more sex and startup CAPITALISM!"

Into disruptive thinking, beliefs+politics as well as speaking truth to power, jabronis+blind traditions!

@Free_UB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Likely Lineup and batting order, and rotation and bullpen order going forward...

In response to Free-UB's comment:

I am leaning towards a lineup of cespy in right, vic in center, craig in left.. with boegs staying at third for now and holt at ss everyday! need him at leadoff everyday. middy will come if injury or at callup time in september with Jbj (will b sent down). BO=holt,pedy,cesp,ortiz,nap,craig,vic (really should flip with pedy but..), boegs+vasquez (poor backup.. only gets to catch buch at most )... rotation.. other than the untradeable (perhaps to theo in off-season) tand kelly, the other 3 are just show pieces for hamels and stanton... de la rosa will likely b packaged to philly for hamels if he keeps progressing. owens is more for 2016.

Into disruptive thinking, beliefs+politics as well as speaking truth to power, jabronis+blind traditions!

@Free_UB

Victorino is toast.  Put him on waivers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Likely Lineup and batting order, and rotation and bullpen order going forward...

put victorino in LF where he doesnt have to run too much to prevent pulling hamstring.  I love his bat.  I wouldnt send him out of the organization yet.  Remember Craig have been injure prone player in the past too.  Reason Craig came over is that Ben knew Victorino is going back on DL.  So he rather to see how both Cepedes and Craig do at fenway park than trying to play Nava too much.  

If Napoli need a rest, Craig would back him up!!  Two months left, we will find alot of interesting stuffs for all these newly guys and youth!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

yeah...this is way off.  No way they trade for Cole H. and they aren't sending JBJ down. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I agree with CT,  JBJ is not going down.  He will either develop into a big league hitter or he won't and he will play on his defensive abilities until that time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

yeah...this is way off.  No way they trade for Cole H. and they aren't sending JBJ down. 

Dave OBrien said yesterday on WEEI that the biggest issue the Sox have with JBJ is apparent lack of caring. He also said they aren't sold on him for 2015.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Dave OBrien said yesterday on WEEI that the biggest issue the Sox have with JBJ is apparent lack of caring. He also said they aren't sold on him for 2015.

Well, I've heard more good things about his baseball makeup than not, Dave O'Brien was a first, and I would take everything said on the radio with a grain of salt.

Of course, that could be true....and it's probably easier to believe if you had little faith in the kid to begin with.   But in the minors he got nothing but praise. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Of course if JBJ isn't in CF in 2015 they can always ask Cespedes to move over to CF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Well, I've heard more good things about his baseball makeup than not, Dave O'Brien was a first, and I would take everything said on the radio with a grain of salt.

Of course, that could be true....and it's probably easier to believe if you had little faith in the kid to begin with.   But in the minors he got nothing but praise. 

No one is saying he is a bad guy. They just, according to O'Brien, to be more emotionally invested in his struggles.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

JBJ is going to play FT the rest of the year.

Marrero will get a look at SS at some point.

Middy gets another shot to prove he belongs.

We may try and trade Napoli, Vic, Badenhop and Breslow on waiver deals.

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

This is what will happen JBJ will play, Middlebrooks will play, Napoli will stay around, the Sox will probably hold to Victorino until he is healthy and the uncertainty of JBJ is gone. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No one is saying he is a bad guy. They just, according to O'Brien, to be more emotionally invested in his struggles.

people also express their emotions differently, I'm sure he's been very frustrated at times this season and i doubt he doesn't care.  By many accounts he was one of the hardest workers coming up through the minors and while he still has a long road ahead of him the improvements he has made this year are real and noticeable.

I think in the end this year will make him a much better player.  Sometimes a lot of these rookies who come up and struggle are the kids who were the best player in little league, high school, college, and most of the way up the minors.  They are tasting defeat and being the "bad kid" on the team for the first time in their lives.  That can make or break some people...I hope it makes JBJ a better player in the long run. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sox4ever

This is what will happen JBJ will play, Middlebrooks will play, Napoli will stay around, the Sox will probably hold to Victorino until he is healthy and the uncertainty of JBJ is gone. 

Cespedes, Holt & Betts can play CF, so if someone wants Vic, I think he'll be dealt this August on a waiver deal or this winter.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Hamels will be Pitching For Boston next year. You can see that direction the FO is going to, otherwise just pay Lester this year. Wont see Lester here again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

2015 Rotation
    Hamels
    Shields
    Buchhholz
    Kelly
    Whoever, is left from Trades this Off-Season
    Do anything possible to get Tulowitzki

Now your talking about very good Line-up, and a decent Starting staff.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If it's large and long Sox management is trying to avoid, then getting Hamels makes little sense.

He is owed: 15:$22.5M, 16:$22.5M, 17:$22.5M, 18:$22.5M, 19:$20M club option ($6M buyout)

Basically, it's $$96M/4 or $110M/5. 

Is this much different from what Lester would have taken this spring?

Sox4ever

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to Free-UB's comment:

@Free_UB

Victorino is toast.  Put him on waivers.

He'll definitely clear waivers. Who wants an 80 year old on their baseball team?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Victorino is toast. Put him on waivers.

[/QUOTE]

He'll definitely clear waivers. Who wants an 80 year old on their baseball team?

We might get a taker, if he looks healthy over the next week or two.

We might also look to deal Napoli, so Craig can play 1B.

Look for Badenhop & Breslow to be offered up as well.

Sox4ever

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

why would we give away a ton of prospects For Hamels and then sign Sheilds??? We would be better off just signing Lester/Scherzer.

Which I think we do....I don't care what anyone says, the Sox are making a big splash this offseason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Victorino is toast. Put him on waivers.

We might get a taker, if he looks healthy over the next week or two.

We might also look to deal Napoli, so Craig can play 1B.

Look for Badenhop & Breslow to be offered up as well.

Sox4ever

You're making my day, Moonslav.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

why would we give away a ton of prospects For Hamels and then sign Sheilds??? We would be better off just signing Lester/Scherzer.

Which I think we do....I don't care what anyone says, the Sox are making a big splash this offseason.

I'd rather have Lester at $25M x 5 than Hamels at $22.5M x 5. Giving up a ton of prospects to get Hamels over Lester is plain insane.

I'd like us to sign Lester and Shields. I think Scherzer will cost too much. That may cost $50M out of the $65M we have to spend, so that leaves just enough to re-sign Uehara and a role player (back-up C or defensive SS or 3Bman).

My guess is we sign one big SP, and use the rest for mid level 3 year FA contarcts, and make the biggest splash via trade.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

If the SOX do trade INJURINO they're gonna have to eat at least half his salary. I'd definitely still do it. That way he'll have been paid only 32.5 million dollars for one year.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

I think there is a very good chance the sox sign lester when he hits the market this offseason. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they try to sign lester and scherzer or shields. They know they need to fill the #1/#2 spots in the rotation. Clay will be the #3 then the 4/5 spots will go to who pitches the best out of kelly/ranuado/de la rosa/webster. I think workman ends up in the pen and maybe even kelly as well. Both have had success in the pen and both are struggling right now as starters. And with the other guys mentioned above competing for spots, my guess is that ranuado and de la rosa get the 4/5 spots. So the sox can afford to pay the 1/2 guys big money as 2/5 of the rotation will be making very little plus with bogaerts, vasquez, jbj, middlebrooks in the line up plus craig only makes 6 mill, we will have lots of money to spend. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

oh ya as for victorino, I have a hard time seeing him on the team for 2015. There is just no spot for him with craig in LF and cespedes in RF. (jbj in center) He has barely managed to stay healthy all year and i doubt we can find someone who will take him before the waiver trade deadline. I think he gets shut down for the year and hopefully he retires at the end of the year. Otherwise we will probably have to find a team that will take him for next to nothing and we will likely have to pay half his salary. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts