Lindy's Baseball Magazine Projects 5th Place AL East for Red Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Lindy's Baseball Magazine Projects 5th Place AL East for Red Sox

Thanks for another thread....  How confident are you that they will be in 5th place?  How about you put up or shut up and we do a 'friendly' wager?  For real......  Let me know....I'll send you my email....and Paypal.... again....for real....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You know, the bright side of predictions like these is that the only way to go is up.

Not that I am saying they are wrong, but at least we don't have to worry about meeting unattainable expectations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I guess I'm realistic, after all.

And everyone knows that the single most important trait for a baseball fan is being "realistic". God knows that no one ever goes to a baseball game to be entertained. Seriously, you should just switch your "allegiance" to the Braves. They're closer to you and they have your BF in the outfield.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I guess I'm realistic, after all.

Yeah but what does a Jewish deli in NYC know about Baseball anyway!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Thanks for another thread....  How confident are you that they will be in 5th place?  How about you put up or shut up and we do a 'friendly' wager?  For real......  Let me know....I'll send you my email....and Paypal.... again....for real

My projection isn't a 5th place finish. The reason I posted this fact was to show what a sheep I am, when it comes to the Red Sox. I project them as "No way Jose", which is slang for the specific projection that they have zero chance of making the playoffs.

Now, my email is softlaw@hotmail.com. Tell me how much you want to wager, and I'll consider it if it's legal in my jurisdiction. I understand that the new America has a majority of people who do not produce a service or product that has good value in the private markets, but some states haven't resorted to legalized gambling to raise government revenues "for the children".

Wow....typical.  You start a thread about an article saying the Sox finishes 5th.  You then say that you are being relistic in your thoughts afterall....which obviously implies a last place finish since that's the title of your thread.  I then wager you money and you quickly say it's if they don't make the playoffs.  Way to go.  I NEVER said they would make the playoffs....in fact I said they would miss the playoffs in another thread (the one you started).  I do think they will be 'in it' until the beginning of Sept. 

Anyway....nice little turn around there.....glad you were exposed....again....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I agree that Ellsbury will put up good numbers in 2013 and then bolt.  

No hard feelings since its part of the business.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

who here is saying the Sox are going to be a 90 win playoff team??? not many

Not a lot of people here want to write them off before the season begins either.

Let them play the games, they play the games for a reason.

You are only stating the obviously by stating that expectations are low.

Stop being negative, negative Nancy. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

which obviously implies a last place finish since that's the title of your thread. 

Facts aren't implications. You obviously agree that the Red Sox are not playoff material. Your boldness ended with a wimper.

Exposed.....again......   that was too easy....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

which obviously implies a last place finish since that's the title of your thread. 

Facts aren't implications. You obviously agree that the Red Sox are not playoff material. Your boldness ended with a wimper.

"whimper"

All the outrage is making you all excited again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It's stating the obvious that teams that spend 150 million on labor should not have low expectations.

Is this what makes you outraged? The salary for labor?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In your captious post, inserting "all" in front of "excited" is in error.

that's how I write when I am not outraged.  All lazy like.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I think Hugh might have it right...a low winning % and picking it up at the end as the youngsters play looser/more frequently....

which may be 5th place in the ALE

my gripe is we couldve done that with just spending money on grienke and playing the kids...how can you really root for players who are at best two year rentals?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I think Hugh might have it right...a low winning % and picking it up at the end as the youngsters play looser/more frequently....

which may be 5th place in the ALE

my gripe is we couldve done that with just spending money on grienke and playing the kids...how can you really root for players who are at best two year rentals?

It is kinda hard to root for a Rental huh? To me it seems, the guy whose jersey you want is the one who is going to be around for a while.

I guess you could say root for the rentals, because if they perform well you might be able to trade them. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

then they must think the Sox will win at least one more game than the Yanks ;-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

You are so lazy like that you keep opening my threads and garble on them. If you don't like my threads or comments, don't read them because it upsets you so much.

I think you've got the garble angle covered quite thoroughly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My prediction,.....    :)

Toronto        89-73

Boston         87-75

New York     86-76

Tampa Bay   84-78

Baltimore     82-80

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

magazines????? I don't read no stinkin magazines!!!!! might I suggest that anybody that has either a bird or a hamstah can go buy lindy's baseball magazine and use it in their pets cages. a couple of pages at a time though. lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

magazines????? I don't read no stinkin magazines!!!!! might I suggest that anybody that has either a bird or a hamstah can go buy lindy's baseball magazine and use it in their pets cages. a couple of pages at a time though. lol.

Big D!!....what up brah!!

Sections
Shortcuts