Lindy's Baseball Magazine Projects 5th Place AL East for Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Lindy's Baseball Magazine Projects 5th Place AL East for Red Sox

magazines????? I don't read no stinkin magazines!!!!! might I suggest that anybody that has either a bird or a hamstah can go buy lindy's baseball magazine and use it in their pets cages. a couple of pages at a time though. lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

magazines????? I don't read no stinkin magazines!!!!! might I suggest that anybody that has either a bird or a hamstah can go buy lindy's baseball magazine and use it in their pets cages. a couple of pages at a time though. lol.

Big D!!....what up brah!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I think Hugh might have it right...a low winning % and picking it up at the end as the youngsters play looser/more frequently....

which may be 5th place in the ALE

my gripe is we couldve done that with just spending money on grienke and playing the kids...how can you really root for players who are at best two year rentals?

you do realize that Grienke has a bum elbow now right? Yeah, that wouldve been a brilliant move...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Big D!!....what up brah!!

YO Jetes old friend from da big apple! I am happy as a clam man! finally got my GT out of hybernation and looking forward to opening day. Hope things are good with you and yours and especially your boss. Here's to a great season of sunshine,baseball and our clubs being competitive. Me thinks its about time for Yoshimi to chime in soon eh "B"???? and also our mutual friend JBay!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/24297/three-predictions-for-2013

Written by ESPNBoston. Way to go.

Even more amateurish is claiming something "Will" happen in baseball, as opposed to "Could". They also mixed up a playoff team with a playoff contender; make up your mind when you say "Will". And where is the guarantee that Lester shall rebound? (although I think that appears to be the case)

An embarrassment of sports journalism, and rife with homerism to boot.

Boston Globe writers and WEEI may be homers at times (albeit rarely), but at least they're professional all the time. (Planet Mikey excepted)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I guess I'm realistic, after all.

Never happen unless we go down with serious "long term" injuries again.  This team isn't a powerhouse but they are as good or better than any team in our division if they remain healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I don't read no stinkin magazines!!!!!

Let me guess. The taxpayers spent more than $100,000 to educate you in our public schools.

You might want to lay off the combat veterans when you're trying to be all patriotic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I don't read no stinkin magazines!!!!!

Let me guess. The taxpayers spent more than $100,000 to educate you in our public schools.

You might want to lay off the combat veterans when you're trying to be all patriotic.

Too bad we can't blame basic common sense on public schools. ;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Wonder if they had O's and A's in playoffs last year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, and original.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Wonder if they had O's and A's in playoffs last year?

Before the start of the 2012 season, I picked both the A's and O's to finish in last place.  The A's had the lowest payroll in all of baseball and they were in a division with the defending AL Champs, Rangers and the Angels which got Pujols and Wilson.

When the A's traded Gonzalez and Cahill, I expected the A's to lose at least 90 games.

Nine games to go in the regular season and the A's were five games behind the Rangers.  Ten days later, the A's were crowned AL West Champs (after sweeping the Rangers). 

I hope the Red Sox can pull an "Oakland A's" in 2013 and surprise a lot of people. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You are so lazy like that you keep opening my threads and garble on them. If you don't like my threads or comments, don't read them because it upsets you so much.

What are you talking about?

I adore you.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nice goal post move... again.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I love that the Red Sox are being so disrespected!!!!

This should give us all something to rally behind....  It's definitely somewhat of a hodgepodge team, but I think our players have some BIG up-side???

Even Lackey?  If he comes through with a respectable 4.25 ERA, he could pull of another 14+/- 5 wins.  BIG IF, but possible.  Could easily go the other way with 9 wins :(

Lester is looking sharp, & with decent run support & NO B.S. power pouting on the mound, he could pick up 17+/-

Buch, if healthy is capable of the same...  17+/-

Dempster is looking decent.  I see 10+....   up side of 14

Duby?   10+ up side of 14

76 SR wins???  NOT TOO SHABBY!!!   OK....   Admittedly, it's pretty pie in the sky, maxing out the SR potential, but it's possible.  There is the talent there to do it, BUT THE HEAD GAME has to be spot on, with minimal injuries????  BIG IFs!!!  BUT doable.

76 + a very LIKELY 10+ from the pen would be one hell of a season!    86 wins??? 

Will the run support be there for this to happen???

NAPS has real POP & should DH!  .268 / .300  / .400  35HR   100+ RBI's

Gomes to 1st

Pedey will be solid with .300 / .350 / .400  & 15HR 60 - 70 RBI's

Drew will step up & regain his swing.  .285+ / .330 / ..375  with decent D

Middy is going to Boom!  .290  / .330  / .395  29HR with 90RBI's 

Salty / Ross   .245  / .280  / .390   20 HR 

Gomes  .265  / .295  / .380  15 HR

Ells   .310  / .365   /  .400   22 HR   80+ RBI's   possible 30 / 30   All Star

Victorino  .290  /  .330  /  .350   8 HR

Papi?   Who knows???  I'm not holding my breath .

***  If healthy for 100 games I'll be shocked.  Still, our scraps will SCRAP!  & finish 5th in the league for runs scored.....  :)

WE WILL FINISH WITH 85 +  wins, & battle for second place in the AL East!  This really is a team of scrappy, albeit overpriced, guys!  REAL GUYS!  They will become a team!

I can't wait for this season!!!!!!  I haven't been this excited since 2001.   Back to the future....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Even if we only get 66 wins from our SR, more realistic, we will likely pick up closer to 20 wins from our BP.  Could be one of the best BP in the MLB???

Still at 85+ wins!  It will happen!!!  & Stiffy will GNASH his teeth & blow a gasket!  I LOVE IT!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where are your mobile goalposts now, on that "good #1 or #2" starter you have been vacilating about? Who are they, next year? Or are you just going to react like Red Sox management?

Nice try. Diverting from your goalpost moving to accuse another of the same thing is your favorite trick.

Just because you have repeated the same silly trade plans and Reed Johnson type signing suggestions over and over does not prove you don't move the goalposts like they are made of Balsawood.

I was very clear with my suggested moves this winter, and just because I offered alternate plans, does not make it goalpost moving. I wanted us to trade for B Anderson. I wanted us to sign B McCarthy for $25M/3. I suggested a more realistic trade plan for J Upton. Once B McCarthy signed elsewhere, I mentioned I would have traded Ellsbury for Bauer. I guess you could call that one reactionary, but everything else was clearly laid out.

I was not for signing Greinke or A Sanchez, but you are easily confused by simple English language. On several threads, I meantioned that i'd rather have signed A Sanchez than Victorino, Dempster, Drew and Papi. That's not "moving goalposts", but I guess it's too hard for you to understand simple concepts.

I have consistently said this winter was a "punt". I have clearly articulated my issue with no deal being made this winter that will help us in 2015 or beyond. I have said we have no significant chance to make the playoffs. We wasted money for a pretend run at a ring this year.

As for next winter, I do not know who will be a free agent, but there are some promising names, especially when you compare to this winter.

So, who's your next target for that big slugger we have needed since Manny left? Our biggest weakness. Who's the 2014  scrub SPs you want to offer $1M deals to that end up signing for $2-4M to play elsewhere?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks for another thread....  How confident are you that they will be in 5th place?  How about you put up or shut up and we do a 'friendly' wager?  For real......  Let me know....I'll send you my email....and Paypal.... again....for real

My projection isn't a 5th place finish. The reason I posted this fact was to show what a sheep I am, when it comes to the Red Sox. I project them as "No way Jose", which is slang for the specific projection that they have zero chance of making the playoffs.

Now, my email is softlaw@hotmail.com. Tell me how much you want to wager, and I'll consider it if it's legal in my jurisdiction. I understand that the new America has a majority of people who do not produce a service or product that has good value in the private markets, but some states haven't resorted to legalized gambling to raise government revenues "for the children".

[/QUOTE]
    Wow....typical.  You start a thread about an article saying the Sox finishes 5th.  You then say that you are being relistic in your thoughts afterall....which obviously implies a last place finish since that's the title of your thread.  I then wager you money and you quickly say it's if they don't make the playoffs.  Way to go.  I NEVER said they would make the playoffs....in fact I said they would miss the playoffs in another thread (the one you started).  I do think they will be 'in it' until the beginning of Sept.

Anyway....nice little turn around there.....glad you were exposed....again....

[/QUOTE]

It's going to be so much fun watching Softy see yet another one of his hysterical predictions be blown to bits.

Quite definitive what he said about the Sox just before ST....  "I project them as "No way Jose", which is slang for the specific projection that they have zero chance of making the playoffs."  SOFTY-

What does Stiffy say when we're playing for the WS?

Will he phone his deep throat connection for yet another wrong call?

Can't wait to see it! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

Napoli -  Pulled from a Dumpster & Shall Soon Go Back There

Shane - Pulled from a Dumpster & Shall Soon Go Back There

S. Drew - Pulled from a Landfill & Shall Soon Go Back There

Johnny Baseball G-Man - Pulled from a Landfill & Shall Soon Go Back There

Dumpster - Pulled from a Landfill & Shall Soon Go into Hazardous Waste Dump

Ortiz - Should be in the retirement/washed up dumpster

Carp - Pulled from a Dumpster

This is a very expensive Bridge to nowhere. How can a roster with this kind of grabage cost nearly 200 million a year in total labor costs? Yes, with additional expenses beyond the Red Sox labor contract costs, the cost is nearly a quarter of a billion dollars!

The 2004 Red Sox were "A Bunch of Idiots"
    The 2008 Red Sox were "Trade us for Brett Favre"
    The 2009 Red Sox were "The Expensive Pretenders"
    The 2011 Red Sox were "Biggest Losers in Regular Season History"
    The 2012 Red Sox were "The Biggest Value Ripoff in Baseball History"

The 2013 Red Sox................................drum roll......................................................

Softlaw dubs thee: "The Most Expensive Garbage in MLB History"

At this point, there is zero chance this team is a title contender. At best, it's a bubbly playoff contender. Thus, the entire garbage barge that Cherry has purchased needs to be sold to the highest or only bidder, beginning as soon as other teams have injury emergency needs.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree that the Red Sox chances are not great for winning a World Series, but at least they're better the chances of you having a transformative experience to make you a compassionate being.  

[/QUOTE]

How many bad calls can one guy make about the Red Sox in one year?

Please guarantee a win by Detroit tonight Stiffy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Man, that snakeoil guy is handsome.

Softy really knows nothing about baseball.

This is apparent to all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Thanks for another thread....  How confident are you that they will be in 5th place?  How about you put up or shut up and we do a 'friendly' wager?  For real......  Let me know....I'll send you my email....and Paypal.... again....for real

My projection isn't a 5th place finish. The reason I posted this fact was to show what a sheep I am, when it comes to the Red Sox. I project them as "No way Jose", which is slang for the specific projection that they have zero chance of making the playoffs.

Now, my email is softlaw@hotmail.com. Tell me how much you want to wager, and I'll consider it if it's legal in my jurisdiction. I understand that the new America has a majority of people who do not produce a service or product that has good value in the private markets, but some states haven't resorted to legalized gambling to raise government revenues "for the children".

Now he says he projected 91 wins and a bubble playoff team.

The clown just can't stop the lies.