lineup for tonight;What are your expectations for the Sox in this series and Who breaks out of their slump first?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

lineup for tonight;What are your expectations for the Sox in this series and Who breaks out of their slump first?

RED SOX 
    Crawford LF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Ortiz DH
    Drew RF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Scutaro SS
    Ellsbury CF
    What are your expectations for the Sox in this series?

Today: LHP Brett Cecil (0-1, 7.20) vs. RHP Clay Buchholz (0-2, 7.20), 7:10, NESN

Saturday: LHP Jo-Jo Reyes (0-1, 5.23) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (1-1, 2.08), 1:10, NESN

Sunday: RHP Jesse Litsch (1-0, 2.38) vs. LHP Jon Lester (0-1, 3.72), 1:35, NESN, TBS

Monday: LHP Ricky Romero (1-1, 1.66) vs. RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (0-2, 12.86), 11:05, NESN

Who breaks out of their slump first?
    All 4 are hitting below the Mendoza line:
    Crawford .152
    Youkilis .182
    Ellsbury .189
    Saltalamacchia .154

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: lineup for tonight;What are your expectations for the Sox in this series and Who breaks out of their slump first?

My expectations are that they will finally win back to back games, maybe even take two out of three...

..And I hope I never meet parents that would name their kid 'Jo-Jo.'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: lineup for tonight;What are your expectations for the Sox in this series and Who breaks out of their slump first?

I'm very disappointed in that lineup (or as disappointed as one can be with this much talent around).  Against a lefty starter, there is no reason for Lowrie to not be in the lineup.  I mean sure Cecil isn't an elite LHP, but how can you not ride Lowrie's hot bat, especially against a LHP.

Anyway, I think Ells is the first to break out of his slump.  The past couple of games he's looked better and he's addressed the K's that plagued him at the start of the season (1 K since April 6th).

Edit: over that same strech, Ells has gone 4 for 16 (3 singles and 1 HR) with 1 walk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You're right jarret , 4 game series.

I lost my head, or I could be hoping for a rainout on Monday...that's Daisuke's start. Rain could be a good thing...sorry marathon runners, but I can hope , can't I?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Cecil and Buchholz have matching 7.20 ERAs! Baseball is such that when a slugfest looks likely, a well pitched game often results.

Therefore I'm taking the under tonight..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from refisc. Show refisc's posts

I'd rather see Lowrie against lefties, but Toronto will roll out a LHP in 3 of the 4 games. Everyone knows Tito will give Scutaro a ton of at bats, which really is the only way he has  chance of getting going. I'd start Lowrie at SS on Saturday and Monday, and think about starting him at 3rd on Sunday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Only 3 questions? Why don't you ask me what I had for breakfast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

sox come up big and win the next 3!! hey i can dream!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Scutaro is 5-for-8 against Cecil. Drew is 2-for-7 and both hits are homers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Edith chimes in with what Tito and staff know but forgot to tell the armchair managers on BDC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Gotta love surrendering at the bottom of the order.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapper1. Show sapper1's posts

I think we take 3 out of 4,but most importanty..I think our bats start to shine as anticiapted. Youk will start it off..followed by Gonzalez,and Pedroia.Everybody else average.Also think Crawford will be running alot more,if he gets on base.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Here's proof that Francona and his coaches know something that we ordinary fans don't know, in that against a lefty, Francona is starting five (5) left handed hitters?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

foul ball