lineup is out-Jed Lowrie Playing Third Base, Kevin Youkilis the Designated Hitter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

lineup is out-Jed Lowrie Playing Third Base, Kevin Youkilis the Designated Hitter

RED SOX 
    Drew RF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis DH
    Lowrie 3B
    Scutaro SS
    Crawford LF
    Varitek C
    Ellsbury CF

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: lineup is out

In Response to lineup is out:
    [QUOTE]RED SOX  Drew RF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis DH Lowrie 3B Scutaro SS Crawford LF Varitek C Ellsbury CF
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

I love it!  

Also, before people start questioning why Drew is leading off against a tough lefty, Drew is 2-for-6 (both singles) in his career against Gio, with 2 walks and 1 K.

Ortiz is 1 for 7 (a double) with 2 walks and 3 K's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: lineup is out:
    [QUOTE]Does Drew have a strong history against Gonzalez?
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom[/QUOTE]
    Apparently I was too late Frown

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Interesting roll of the dice having Youk DH, not all that different than using one of your catchers at DH.

If for any reason Lowrie or Scutaro get injured the RS don't have a infielder in reserve (Ortiz can't play 3rd), so they'd have to surrender the DH for the balance of the game. Not huge but interesting.

Does Drew have good splits against this starter?

Wonder if Tek catches Beckett tomorrow in Anaheim? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

TX for the splits JB-3

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lineup is out : Apparently I was too late 
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

not anymore, I took mine down after realizing I didn't know how to look it up . . . Your First!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]TX for the splits JB-3
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

No problem.  That was my first reaction when I saw Drew atop the lineup too.

Interesting point about Tek catching Beckett.  Tito has tried to avoid catching Tek on back to back days, but if there was ever a pitcher to make an exception for it would certainly be Beckett.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lineup is out : not anymore, I took mine down after realizing I didn't know how to look it up . . . Your First!
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with asking a question you can't find the answer too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: lineup is out-Jed Lowrie Playing Third Base, Kevin Youkilis the Designated Hitter

Musical line-ups. It will be July and this so-called manager, will still be monkeying with the order.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: lineup is out-Jed Lowrie Playing Third Base, Kevin Youkilis the Designated Hitter

JB..really? that small sample size means nothing....stop reaching - the only reason Drew is batting leadoff is because our speedsters are batting below the Mendoza line....stop the spinning

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

In Response to Re: lineup is out-Jed Lowrie Playing Third Base, Kevin Youkilis the Designated Hitter:
    [QUOTE]Musical line-ups. It will be July and this so-called manager, will still be monkeying with the order.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'm glad that Francona is seeking advantage with matchups and moving guys around. I think in the past one of his weaknesses has been his unwillingness to do this. This team and bench gives him a lot of flexibility and I hope he continues to use it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

In Response to Re: lineup is out-Jed Lowrie Playing Third Base, Kevin Youkilis the Designated Hitter:
    [QUOTE]JB..really? that small sample size means nothing....stop reaching - the only reason Drew is batting leadoff is because our speedsters are batting below the Mendoza line....stop the spinning
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

It is a small sample size, but it worked against Toronto. It's something. Francona could bat Lowrie lead off if it were just a question of not wanting to put Ells and Crawford there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]JB..really? that small sample size means nothing....stop reaching - the only reason Drew is batting leadoff is because our speedsters are batting below the Mendoza line....stop the spinning
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

You sit hitters against pitchers they struggle against.  To date Drew hasn't struggles against Gio.  Tito has also said that right now he values OBP above speed in the leadoff spot.  Drew is the logical choice to lead off on a daily basis when he is in the lineup.  There is no spinning going on, just putting the pieces together.  I'm not saying he will continue his .500 OBP, just that there's no reason not to start him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

If physically able, and hopefully a left-handed throwing opponent, it wouldn't bother me one bit if V-tek caught Beckett.

Actually, if the opposing pitcher(left-handed) is important if V-tek catches, it could possibly work out where he caught Matsuzaka also.  It would be interesting to project how many games he'd catch under this scenario.