Lineup: Lowrie at short, McDonald in right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Lineup: Lowrie at short, McDonald in right

In Response to Re: Lineup: Lowrie at short, McDonald in right:
    [QUOTE]It is both the splits and the need to be conservative with older players PT particularly in the dog days. News flash. The RS won the game. Five games ago Francona was an idiot for not sitting Scoot to play Aviles, 10 games ago he was an idiot for not sitting him for Navvaro. Just may be he isn't an idiot.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Seriously.  Weird how people automatically assume he sits people willy-nilly.  I don't know.  I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what his guys are going through just a little better than I do. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

yeah, he had a big hit in the Yankee game and he had another 3 the next day but those hits vs NY were not a guy hitting seeds around the park.  he got jammed on 2 of the 3 and was lucky to get hits.  he'll play tonight and Jed will get a day off.  they had to play Jed a few days in a row to get him into the swing of things.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup: Lowrie at short, McDonald in right : jim, but that wasn't the reason Scutaro sat. If it was the reason, Tito would have said it...d'uh...it was becuase of a 1-for-9 history v. Liriano, and I think that it is way too small a sample size to sit a hot hitter in a pennant race.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

So a 1-9 plus the facts I stated are not enough to sit him for a game?????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]five, that actually was a statement used by fans to defend Jimy's wacky and wild lineup changes. But here's the thing. The guy was on fire!!!!!! You don't sit guys on fire!!!! 8-for-11!!!! Swinging the stick like Ty Cobb....He sat him for one reason, and it wasn't about resting him. It was about him being 1-for-9 v. Liriano. That was his justification. I think it's too small a sample size. However, the Sox won, and that is all that matters.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Just another example of Francona playing these games on paper instead of the field. When hitters get in a groove, you can throw the stats out the window as far as I'm concerned.
    Francona makes a great statistical manager, just a poor field one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup: Lowrie at short, McDonald in right : Just another example of Francona playing these games on paper instead of the field. When hitters get in a groove, you can throw the stats out the window as far as I'm concerned. Francona makes a great statistical manager, just a poor field one.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

... unless there is a reason why he sat Scoot that has to do with Scoot's health.  As we learned last year, not a chance he is ever gonna let on that he has any kind of ailment, big or small.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hey, after the deuce that DMac put up on the board the other night I think he deserves to get a start in RF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup: Lowrie at short, McDonald in right : So a 1-9 plus the facts I stated are not enough to sit him for a game?????
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Tito did not sit him for rest. He always tells us when a guy is hurting or if a guy is going to get a day off. He knows and understands the media, and he tells us. He was very specific that he sat him for statistical reasons. That is all I'm saying. Why in the world are you arguing this point? Because it was for that reason, all I'm saying was that Marco Scutaro was 8-for-11 on a hot streak, and feeling real good about playing and then the other guy who was starting ahead of him played yesterday v. a lefthander. If he said, "Marco is really playing well, and hitting the ball hard, but he's had a few long nights and we need to get Jed playing time," I never would have posted a thing. But that's not what he said, so that alone puts Tito up for criticism.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Scutaro better look over his shoulder...here comes Jed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

Tito is also doing what nearly every manager with a talented line-up does at this time of year. he's trying to get playing time for as many players as he can. I'm sure Scuturo wasn't pleased he was sitting out, but it wasn't that bad of a move on Francona's part.