2. Crawford, LF
    3. Pedroia, 2B
    4. Ortiz, DH
    5. Gonzalez, 1B
    6. Ross, RF
    7. Middlebrooks, 3B
    8. Salty/Shoppach, C
    9. Aviles/Ciriaco, SS

This has the looks of a devastating lineup...your thoughts and ideas?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Lineup when Ortiz returns

not that this matters, but we've been waiting for this guy's return for 20 games now. It's too late.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Lineup when Ortiz returns:
    [QUOTE]not that this matters, but we've been waiting for this guy's return for 20 games now. It's too late.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Andrew Bailey, David Ortiz, Rich Hill, Dice K, John Lackey, Ryan Sweeney, and Daniel Bard are all due back in 4 to 6 weeks so I don't know what you're complaining about.  We are only 4.5 GB of the 5th playoff spot and there is plenty of time.  No need to panic.  Wouldn't you rather have the Varisty Team back 100% healthy instead of risking an injury?  Just relax!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Could be awhile before he returns

Bobby V has used a lot of lineups, so don't count on a set lineup. 

CC right now is especially hard to figure/place.  This definitely ain't last year's model.  He is hitting and usually hitting the ball hard, better than Ells or Pedey.  But maybe he will regress, plus the elbow might act up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

What will it matter?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]What will it matter?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

What does Lesters outing last night matter?

Yet, you needed a to start a thread about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Sox runs scored when LH'er starts: 5.21 I've tracked every game log and have yet to see a fraction of a run scored. When you get past fangraphs, you will be in baseball junior high.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Since you have said yo every you don't "bother to watch the games or need to ..." maybe you should just go back and "track our game logs" back to the last lefty we faced:

8/3  5 runs in 6 IP vs Duensing (5 for whole game)

The one before that...

7/28 6 runs in 6 IP vs Sabathia (9 for whole game)

Yes, I'd love to have a powerful RH'd clean-up hitter who can hit righties better than Ross, and field his position decently (RF? CF?), but our weakness vs LHPs is a myth.

Go ahead and don't "pro-rate" Ross, look at his numbers this year: he's got an .855 OPS
    7 HRs and 30 RBIs in 200 ABs vs RHPs
    9 Hrs and 24 RBIs in 86 ABs vs LHPs
    5th out of our top 13 batters in road OPS.
    3rd out of top 13 batters in 2nd half OPS.
    1st out of top 13 batters in Late & Close OPS. (Clutch)

He has a .977 OPS batting cleanup.

I know you were against signing Ross for even $3M, but get over yourself, admit you were wrong, and give this guy his due.

I know he's "the wrong color" for you, but he didn't go to college, so you should at least like this guy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]  Your working to hard here !!!  Big Papi will not be back this year.... Maybe, never !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Keep dreaming, Bill.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lineup when Ortiz returns : Dreaming ????  Not really, just seeing things as they are, and embracing the truth/facts !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Ortiz puts on a show in BP
     August, 7, 2012
    Aug 7

5:33

PM ET

By Joe McDonald | ESPNBoston.com

BOSTON -- David Ortiz, on the disabled list since July 16 with a right Achilles strain, took batting practice on Tuesday at Fenway Park and crushed the ball, showing no ill effects from the injury.

Ortiz received an injection of Marcaine on Tuesday to help numb the area and reduce the swelling. He is scheduled for a full workout of all baseball activities on Wednesday.

“He says he feels as good now as he did before he got hurt," Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine said. "He’s taking it slow today and will have full activity tomorrow.”

Valentine said it would be Ortiz’s decision if he feels he would need a minor league rehab stint, but Ortiz said he’s hoping to be back in the lineup for the Red Sox's series against the Indians in Cleveland that begins Thursday

Got any supporting evidence for your "facts", Bill?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Ortiz returns, I go this way:
    RHP
    1. Ellsbury
    2. Crawford
    3. Ortiz
    4. AGON
    5. Pedroia
    6. Middlebrooks
    7. Saltalamachia
    8. Ross
    9. Ciriaco

v LHP
    1. Ellsbury
    2. Pedroia
    3. Middlebrooks
    4. Ortiz
    5. Ross
    6. AGON
    7. Shoppach
    8. CC
    9. Ciriaco

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, Aviles and Kalish and Punto are left out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]If Ortiz returns, I go this way: RHP 1. Ellsbury 2. Crawford 3. Ortiz 4. AGON 5. Pedroia 6. Middlebrooks 7. Saltalamachia 8. Ross 9. Ciriaco v LHP 1. Ellsbury 2. Pedroia 3. Middlebrooks 4. Ortiz 5. Ross 6. AGON 7. Shoppach 8. CC 9. Ciriaco
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I like those lineups.

It'd be nice if BV would try to be a little more consistent with the lineups.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE] The Red Sox could have acquired Kemp and extended him. They could have acquired J. Upton.

They are both still on their respective teams and you haven't specified when the Red Sox could have gotten either of these guys and what they could have given up.  This isn't fantasy baseball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Criminals, idiots and facists can and sometimes are famous, but maybe infamous would be a better term.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]I've reported the stooge for calling me a criminal and a fascist. That said, federal policy is the very essence of fascism, which is very popular with those who use it as hate speech against people who don't support federal fascist policies.  
    No one cares.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I love when Softy is clearly wrong he gets all annoyed and says something crazy. No doubt about the line up is going to get much better when Ortiz gets back. I really think when every is healthy this is the best line up in baseball. Ross and Shoppach really help out against lefties. It is just just a shame that the pitching is just that poor.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]I've reported the stooge for calling me a criminal and a fascist. That said, federal policy is the very essence of fascism, which is very popular with those who use it as hate speech against people who don't support federal fascist policies.  

This is too funny on so many levels, I don't know where to start.

1) Once again, your lack of reading comprehension shines through. Nowhere did I call you a "criminal". I meerly said this:

"Criminals, idiots and facists can and sometimes are famous, but maybe infamous would be a better term. "

It's telling that you assumed I meant you were a criminal. As for being an idiot and a fascist, I think we all know the truth here.

2) You speak of others turning you in to be censored, but now you are playing their game over much less of an egregious offense than several of your blatant personal attacks.

3) And who signed "The Patriot Act"- fascism run amok? 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts