Lineups and whining

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natepioneer1. Show natepioneer1's posts

Lineups and whining

I love how some people just live to be miserable.  This is the Boston way.  Whatever move one of our teams make, there are these cascades of negativity.  It doesn't matter whether its the RS, Pats Celtics or Bruins.  They need to be negative. 

And they fall back with the old refrain "I'm just being realistic!!"  or that those who are optimistic are suckers or shills. 

I consider myself a Boston fan.  While I may not agree wholeheartedly with this move or that, I also realize that the move was made and nothing is going to change it.  I can either accept it and root for the that person to succeed, which will clearly help the team or I can hope he fails and have the satisfaction of saying I told you so.  But the team will suffer as a result.

I choose the former.  I will get on board with a decision, because Ic an't change it and I would rather see thse teams succeed than not.  Pretty simple.

As for the game of speculating lineups or rosters, I do it because it's fun. Nothing more, nothing less.  When someone says, it won't matter, because the team will suck, I really don't care that they feel that way.  Like I said, some people need to be miserable and they get some satisfaction in that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3953710. Show user_3953710's posts

Re: Lineups and whining

In response to natepioneer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how some people just live to be miserable.  This is the Boston way.  Whatever move one of our teams make, there are these cascades of negativity.  It doesn't matter whether its the RS, Pats Celtics or Bruins.  They need to be negative. 

And they fall back with the old refrain "I'm just being realistic!!"  or that those who are optimistic are suckers or shills. 

I consider myself a Boston fan.  While I may not agree wholeheartedly with this move or that, I also realize that the move was made and nothing is going to change it.  I can either accept it and root for the that person to succeed, which will clearly help the team or I can hope he fails and have the satisfaction of saying I told you so.  But the team will suffer as a result.

I choose the former.  I will get on board with a decision, because Ic an't change it and I would rather see thse teams succeed than not.  Pretty simple.

As for the game of speculating lineups or rosters, I do it because it's fun. Nothing more, nothing less.  When someone says, it won't matter, because the team will suck, I really don't care that they feel that way.  Like I said, some people need to be miserable and they get some satisfaction in that.

[/QUOTE]

Amen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Couldnt agree more....speculating on Boards or with Friends about Rosters and lineups is always because it's fun....not because we think it will make any difference in what the team actually does.