Liriano throws a no-no... I told you he's still a front-end starter... but nobody listened.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Liriano throws a no-no... I told you he's still a front-end starter... but nobody listened.

Gotta start showing me some respect...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Liriano throws a no-no... I told you he's still a front-end starter... but nobody listened.

In Response to Liriano throws a no-no... I told you he's still a front-end starter... but nobody listened.:
    [QUOTE]Gotta start showing me some respect...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Probably is.

On the other hand, it's just one start.

Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Liriano throws a no-no... I told you he's still a front-end starter... but nobody listened.

I hope you're kidding. You were singing your own praises the other day for predicting his downfall:

Remember when I claimed that Francisco Liriano was overrated? Well look at his stats...

posted at 4/28/2011 5:53 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=862c62380273033ac029cfbfc17e2da0&plckUserId=862c62380273033ac029cfbfc17e2da0">
    First: 4/11/2009
    Last: 5/4/2011
    1-3, 7.40 ERA

Everyone laughed at me over the offseason when I claimed this. I told you all that this guy isn't anything special and that he is not a true ace.  Now bow down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Um...is this thread a joke SPC?  If so, I admire your sense of humor.  If not, then you're a flip-flopper of the highest level. 

Also, I have to echo royf19.  It was only one start, and he walked six guys to get his no-no.  That's far from perfect.  I still think the guy is an ace, but something appears to be wrong with him either mechanically or physically.  When he's on, Liriano has excellent control.  This season, he's walked 6.61 per nine, while only striking out 5.51 per nine.  That's a far cry from the 3.47 K/BB ratio from 2010.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Doc Ellis walked eight guys and hit a batter when he pitched his LSD no hitter. That was probably the sloppiest no hitter in baseball history:

I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me.[6]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Liriano throws a no-no... I told you he's still a front-end starter... but nobody listened.:
    [QUOTE]Doc Ellis walked eight guys and and hit a batter when he pitched his LSD no hitter. That was probably the sloppiest no hitter in baseball history: I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me. [ 6 ]
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

Here's a video with Doc Ellis talking about his No Hitter.It's pretty funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Good thing Liriano threw a no-no...he was in jeopardy of losing his spot in the rotation...so this performance last night provided him a stay of execution.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Liriano throws a no-no... I told you he's still a front-end starter... but nobody listened.:
    [QUOTE]Good thing Liriano threw a no-no...he was in jeopardy of losing his spot in the rotation...so this performance last night provided him a stay of execution.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Yep, and now the Sox have a chance to tee off on him next Monday, fresh off a 125+ pitch outing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-1. Show Babe-1's posts

LOL...the curse of spc....aka mongo the fanboy!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

i would like to thank Babe for taking my advice of numbering his name handles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I hope you're kidding. You were singing your own praises the other day for predicting his downfall: Remember when I claimed that Francisco Liriano was overrated? Well look at his stats... posted at 4/28/2011 5:53 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=862c62380273033ac029cfbfc17e2da0&plckUserId=862c62380273033ac029cfbfc17e2da0 " /> www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=862c62380273033ac029cfbfc17e2da0&plckUserId=862c62380273033ac029cfbfc17e2da0 " target="_parent"> SoxPatsCelts1988 Posts: 3237 First: 4/11/2009 Last: 5/4/2011 1-3, 7.40 ERA Everyone laughed at me over the offseason when I claimed this. I told you all that this guy isn't anything special and that he is not a true ace.  Now bow down.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

I remember this post too; he sounds a little loopy in the noggin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]i would like to thank Babe for taking my advice of numbering his name handles.
    Posted by lvanDrago[/QUOTE]

That's funny.