Little Big Mouth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Little Big Mouth

Do you think that little big mouth Pedroia will ever stop trying to overswing the ball into the freakin ground for tailor made double plays?  Guys who bat third in a lineup are supposed to be line drive hitters not continuously try to kill the ball into the ground especially with men on base!  

Hey coach, when are you finally going to take this guy out of the third slot and put Victorino in there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Little Big Mouth

In response to bingobilly's comment:

Do you think that little big mouth Pedroia will ever stop trying to overswing the ball into the freakin ground for tailor made double plays?  Guys who bat third in a lineup are supposed to be line drive hitters not continuously try to kill the ball into the ground especially with men on base!  

Hey coach, when are you finally going to take this guy out of the third slot and put Victorino in there!

awesome thread...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pedroia had 3 RBI last game.  Clown. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Because we all know bingobilly should teach Pedroia how to hit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Hey rube, games 1 and 2 are yesterday's news, there're gone!

Check the stats.  Your fair-haired 3rd slot hit "boy" is batting .231 with an OBP of .214.  Game on the line, men on second and third, one out and the hit "boy" slams the ball into the ground directly at the shortstop.  Feel fortunate a run scored.  Some questionable fielding can also be attributed to him in game 3.  How do you spell "inconsistent" or maybe it should be "consistently inconsistent"...

The guy that should be batting third, Victorino, has a batting average of .455, an OBP of .538 and even a stolen base with a bad hip.  He also has no fear going into second to break up a double play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Check the stats.  Your fair-haired 3rd slot hit "boy" is batting .231 with an OBP of .214.  Game on the line, men on second and third, one out and the hit "boy" slams the ball into the ground directly at the shortstop.  Feel fortunate a run scored.  Some questionable fielding can also be attributed to him in game 3.  How do you spell "inconsistent" or maybe it should be "consistently inconsistent"...

The guy that should be batting third, Victorino, has a batting average of .455, an OBP of .538 and even a stolen base with a bad hip.  He also has no fear going into second to break up a double play. 

[/QUOTE]

OK, so you love small samples.

Victorino has spent his career as a #1 or #2 hitter.  But you know better than all the managers.  Yeah right!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Small samples??  You cannot wind the World Series unless you win the "small samples" before hand.  What you do in the regular season means absolutely nothing if you do not at least participate in the World Series.

[/QUOTE]

OK, so you love small samples.

Victorino has spent his career as a #1 or #2 hitter.  But you know better than all the managers.  Yeah right!

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I actually think Papi should bat 3rd and Pedey 4th.

Although it's a small sample size, Pedey's best slot has been clean-up:

1st    .712  (406 PAs)

2nd   .839  (2773)

3rd   .800  (1020)

4th 1.117  (139)

My opinion has nothing to do with last night's game or with how hard Pedey swings. He's swung this way his whole life and done very well. To berate him now after one bad game is going overboard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

1st    .712  (406 PAs)

2nd   .839  (2773)

3rd   .800  (1020)

4th 1.117  (139)

My opinion has nothing to do with last night's game or with how hard Pedey swings. He's swung this way his whole life and done very well. To berate him now after one bad game is going overboard.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not after him for one game...  I've been "after" him since the RS signed him to that horrendous contract.  That contract is insane and his "style" of batting is not condusive to batting in the third slot whatsoever.  If he's the "best" the RS have to bat cleanup this organization is in deep trouble! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Check the stats.  Your fair-haired 3rd slot hit "boy" is batting .231 with an OBP of .214.  

lawl....someone explain to me how his obp can be lower than his ba.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

Check the stats.  Your fair-haired 3rd slot hit "boy" is batting .231 with an OBP of .214.  

[/QUOTE]

Sacrifice Flies,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Pedroia is leading the Sox in RBI this series.  

He is doing this because he is hitting behind Victorino and Ellsbury. ..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1st    .712  (406 PAs)

2nd   .839  (2773)

3rd   .800  (1020)

4th 1.117  (139)

[/QUOTE]

I'm not after him for one game...  I've been "after" him since the RS signed him to that horrendous contract.  That contract is insane and his "style" of batting is not condusive to batting in the third slot whatsoever.  If he's the "best" the RS have to bat cleanup this organization is in deep trouble! 

[/QUOTE]

Only if you don't buy into the new-school approach the club has taken.  Instead of the tried-and-true bash with a huge 3-4 combo line-up, the Sox, in case you haven't noticed, are working on a non-stop-offensive-pressure-1-through-9 approach.  This oplayoff cycle is a referendum on this approach no doubt.  Softy sez it is doomed.  I say it is buillt for playoffs.  But, in this new model, it is sort of irrelevant who hits third, as long as they have a semblance of power and OBP.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Come on man, the Red Sox scored the most runs in the majors this year, and they have 22 runs in 3 postseason games.  I don't think the offence is a problem.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sacrifice Flies,

[/QUOTE]

ahh...ok.  didnt think of that in such a small sample size and no BB's....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

[QUOTE]

Come on man, the Red Sox scored the most runs in the majors this year, and they have 22 runs in 3 postseason games.  I don't think the offence is a problem.

[/QUOTE]

The TEAM scoring runs is great but it has NOTHING to do with the insane money being paid to at best an average ball player.  The wrong LINEUP can and will contribute to game losses as well as wins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

awesome thread...

[/QUOTE]

It was real popular on the short bus this morning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The TEAM scoring runs is great but it has NOTHING to do with the insane money being paid to at best an average ball player.  The wrong LINEUP can and will contribute to game losses as well as wins.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree Bongo, if by  "insane money being paid to at best an average ball player"

you mean

"A surprisingly modest amount of money being paid to the best second baseman in the game and the clear centerpiece of this club."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1st    .712  (406 PAs)

2nd   .839  (2773)

3rd   .800  (1020)

4th 1.117  (139)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently you don't know that the cleanup hitter is the fourth hitter in the lineup, not the third.  I checked the newspaper this morning, and the Sox do not seem to be in deep trouble. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It will contribute to both losses and wins?  HAHAHAHA...thanks for the laugh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1st    .712  (406 PAs)

2nd   .839  (2773)

3rd   .800  (1020)

4th 1.117  (139)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He signed his extention in July.
    But, you waited until he had a bad series to share with the rest of us?

Tells you how freakin' good he's been all summer, doesn't it Billy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So the wrong lineup can and will contribute to wins? Ok, I think I understand. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This bingobilly guy just has a major hate on for Pedroia, for some reason.  You'll see everything on this message board.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts