Longoria Homer....Rays Win...The Collapse is Official

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Longoria Homer....Rays Win...The Collapse is Official

Epic night of baseball...I am still stunned...

Warning: This post was created by a Yankee fan, and may be intended to cause irreparable emotional and psychological harm to any Red Sox fan who might read it.

"Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living."

Mary Harris "Mother" Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) - 1930 (U.S.) )

when the boss comes callin' his take his toll 
    when the boss comes callin' don't you sell your soul 
    when the boss comes callin' we gotta organize 

- Dropkick Murphys (for the workers of Wisconsin)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

Re: Longoria Homer....Rays Win...The Collapse is Official

BIGGEST CHOKES EVER

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

No kidding, within 5 minutes the sox are out of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

biggest     choke     ever

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Really stunned?

You have to give props to the media, they did a great job of ratcheting up the drama - and it WAS dramatic.

But for God's sake, the Red Sox are horrible.  The (far) better team won.  I despise this RS team; they are psychologically fragile and lazy (many; not all).

They got exactly what they deserved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

BIG choke....what a bunch of losers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Shame on this team...loaded with fat-cat players who are worth a plug-nickel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

My hat is off to TB. They deserved this. I hope the Yankees go down in flames. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

just 20 minutes ago the yanks had man on the corner no outs and the sox were 1 out away, bye tito

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i am happy for the rays and their fans though, they played their hearts out and deserve this. they have a bunch of blue collar, hard working players that come up big when it counts, we have a bunch of over paid crybabies that are too scared to even run out a ground ball

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

In Response to Re: Longoria Homer....Rays Win...The Collapse is Official:
    [QUOTE]i am happy for the rays and their fans though, they played their hearts out and deserve this. they have a bunch of blue collar, hard working players that come up big when it counts, we have a bunch of over paid crybabies that are too scared to even run out a ground ball
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Fans? What fan?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

It was just too weird that we lost it and the Rays won it within a space of 90 seconds.  I don't play baseball, but Crawford couldn't come up with that ball?!?!?  Just too .  .  .  I don't know what word to use.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

I am still in a state of shock.....No matter what some unhappy posters might say on this forum, the Yankees were not throwing this game.  I watched the entire game and when Texeira swung for the fences with bases loaded and already up by 1 run, there was no sign of playing dead.  The Yanks obviously could not burn any more pitchers, but I give the Rays credit.  Still cannot beleve the O's came back to beat Papelbon.  This was one of the most dramtic nights of baseball I have ever witnessed.  I feel bad for all the Bosox fans who rooted to the bitter end, but I never thought this would actually happen....A night like this is not likely to happen with last-minute baseball gods pulling the strings...Unbelievable...Deus ex machina city.... 

Warning: This post was created by a Yankee fan, and may be intended to cause irreparable emotional and psychological harm to any Red Sox fan who might read it.

Mary Harris "Mother" Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) - 1930 (U.S.) )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

So much for my modest preseason prediction that the Red Sox would win their first postseason game since 2008.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

I've been watching the Red Sox since I was 8 during the epic '75 team.
    I'd have to go back to the 80's to find a team I disliked as much as this.
    Easily one of the worse pitching teams they've had in ages.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

Golden glove Crawford should of had that ball. I think dude did that on purpose to help his old team. The Rays will retire his number now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I dedicate this choke to all those sox fans who made excuses for Theo all those years. Look what you did to the team theo. KARMA IS A BIATCH

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Welcome home Red Sox teams of the past... This team has officially took it's rightful place atop the crap heap as the Best Worse team in baseball history !! Wow, here I was thinking all of this was behind me !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

[QUOTE]  Welcome home Red Sox teams of the past... This team has officially took it's rightful place atop the crap heap as the Best Worse team in baseball history !! Wow, here I was thinking all of this was behind me !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

It is bizarre, this night...Almost like Babe's ghost returned Al...Hard to fathom, especially since the Red Sox fought so hard, and seemed to have it in their grasp....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I'm glad Theo and the front office banished that "idiot" Johny Damon, not worth it (he's no Carl Crawford)...as Charlie Brown would say, "Agggh!" I'm double glad Theo spent the budget on two left-handed bats (Agon and Crawship); who needs a big right-handed bat like a Longoria? Not the "Stratomatic Kid", he's got it all figured out. NOT! 2004 was 75% Duquette/ 25% Epstein; 2007 was about 60/40 Duke/Epstein; 2011 was 95% Epstein. Now watch how the Machiavelian one works; who will he scapegoat and what will be his "story" (excuses for a heartless, overpaid free agent group - to call them a team is like calling John Lackey a pretty decent guy)? Here's a look at how he operates: around the time the Bosox traded for Agon over the winter, John Tomase reported that the Sox offered Ellsbury but San Diego preferred Rizzo and the prospects. Now, Tomase reports (August 29, 2011) "Theo Saved Ellsbury from Gonzalez Trade". Granted, Tomase is not the picture of journalistic integrity; far, far from it. But that's the point, he 100% changed his reporting on whether Ells would have been in the Agon trade after Ells had an MVP type season. And, who might have shaped Tomase's new view; guess...Theo belongs in Chicago, it's his type of town.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HueyG77. Show HueyG77's posts

In Response to Re: Longoria Homer....Rays Win...The Collapse is Official : Fans? What fan?
    Posted by cosmo14

I'm a fan.

And before you make some lame cut-down about Tampa/fan base/history, I got 2 things...

I like my team.

Hows yours?
    God Bless our Boys

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Longoria Homer....Rays Win...The Collapse is Official : I'm a fan. And before you make some lame cut-down about Tampa/fan base/history, I got 2 things... I like my team. Hows yours? God Bless our Boys
    Posted by HueyG77

God ? very overrated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

...God would be overrated, tonight, Jerry, only if you are a Red Sox or Braves fan....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

I'll take Longoria on my team any day! What a clutch players!
    Unlike the puckered sphincters on the Sox.
    Hats off to Pedroia, Scutaro and of course Ellsbury, for playing the game as it should be played. Not fat cats, who can't catch a fly ball or blaming God for not winning.

Sections
Shortcuts