Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER..........

Youk & Salty,  START PACKING !!!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER..........

I'm hoping for a move of Beckett or Buch for the likes of Wandy or Floyd.

Who will Youk and Salty get us? We need two good pitchers. Perhaps Bard, Middlebrooks, Salty, Brentz, Iggy and Ranaudo for Felix.

Buch and Sweeney for Wandy.

Beckett  and Ross for Rios and Floyd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER..........:
    [QUOTE]I'm hoping for a move of Beckett or Buch for the likes of Wandy or Floyd. Who will Youk and Salty get us? We need two good pitchers. Perhaps Bard, Middlebrooks, Salty, Brentz, Iggy and Ranaudo for Felix. Buch and Sweeney for Wandy. Beckett  and Ross for Rios and Floyd.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]  Not sure WHO.... But there has to be some/goooood value there ???   What it does do, is move on to Middlebrooks & Lavarnway and save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  for Luccianno's/Youk's contract !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bill are u actually reading the posts?
    First you trade youk.
    Then you say they move on to Middlebrooks and Lavarnaway in a comment that trades Middlebrooks?????????????/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In Response to Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER..........:
    [QUOTE]I'm hoping for a move of Beckett or Buch for the likes of Wandy or Floyd. Who will Youk and Salty get us? We need two good pitchers. Perhaps Bard, Middlebrooks, Salty, Brentz, Iggy and Ranaudo for Felix. Buch and Sweeney for Wandy. Beckett  and Ross for Rios and Floyd.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

I hope not.  Toooo much potential talent to give up on.  What's left on the farm after giving up all these guys?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I doubt a blockbuster happens until the deadline (if then).

I do think a 3 for 1 deal makes sense with all three not being prospects, but if we are out of it by the deadline, I hope we make some moves to put us under this year's cap and help build the farm for this winter's blockbuster trade to be named later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why people think it is easier to trade pitchers for pitchers.  All teams need good pitchings.  They are not going to take often injured prone pitchers who paid more than a healthy young talent pitchers.

Wake up!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER..........": [QUOTE]I'm hoping for a move of Beckett or Buch for the likes of Wandy or Floyd. Who will Youk and Salty get us? We need two good pitchers. Perhaps Bard, Middlebrooks, Salty, Brentz, Iggy and Ranaudo for Felix. Buch and Sweeney for Wandy. Beckett  and Ross for Rios and Floyd. Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE] I would give Buch straight up for Wandy. Especially knowing the Astro want to dump his salary. I would take my chances with Beckett over Floyd based on Beckett being the better pitcher. No Rios 20 million for that? Best thing to happen to the BlueJays rebuilding was dumping Rios.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Bard, Middlebrooks, Salty, Brentz, Iggy and Ranaudo for Felix
    speechless....

I'll do the trade for Bard, Salty, Brentz, Iggy and Ranaudo. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER.......... :   Not sure WHO.... But there has to be some/goooood value there ???   What it does do, is move on to Middlebrooks & Lavarnway and save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  for Luccianno's/Youk's contract !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Do you even realize what you are saying?  Save $ on Youk's contract?  They own him ~ 7 Million for the rest of the season plus $1 million buyout in 2013; plus a trade most likely would call for the Sox eating a bit of that contract.  How is that saving $?  It's getting harder to take your posts seriously let alone read them......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER..........": I would give Buch straight up for Wandy. Especially knowing the Astro want to dump his salary. I would take my chances with Beckett over Floyd based on Beckett being the better pitcher. No Rios 20 million for that? Best thing to happen to the BlueJays rebuilding was dumping Rios.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

dumping Wells was far better move...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER.......... : Do you even realize what you are saying?  Save $ on Youk's contract?  They own him ~ 7 Million for the rest of the season plus $1 million buyout in 2013; plus a trade most likely would call for the Sox eating a bit of that contract.  How is that saving $?  It's getting harder to take your posts seriously let alone read them......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I defy anyone to identify a post from Bill that makes sense.  Youk's trade value isn't zero, it's negative i.e. we couldn't give him away without eating money.  Salty has a bit of value, but I'd rather stick with him than roll the dice on Shoppach and 2012 Lavarnway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"Stop thinkin about it".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Why on earth would you trade salty who seems to finally be settling into his role and becoming a better catcher. When in doubt at the catcher position always go.for defence and salty seems to be improving on that front as well as working a lot better with the pitchers. But bill 806 Hayes him so he should be traded......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

In response to "Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER..........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look for BEN C. to pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER.......... :   Not sure WHO.... But there has to be some/goooood value there ???   What it does do, is move on to Middlebrooks & Lavarnway and save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  for Luccianno's/Youk's contract !!! Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE] BEST post EVER .... Lol ignorance is bliss !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Only a moron would suggest trading Middlebrooks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I side with moon on this one, Bill.

I don't see Youk or Salty for anyone being blockbuster material.

Unless you are defining Blockbuster as the video store chain.

I which case, Youk and Salty would be worth one Bull Durham, one Avatar (slightly used) and one MoneyBall.

But I digress.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

what indication has Ben C given that he will pull the trigger on a blockbuster?
    what chips is he going to use?  Middlebrooks, doubrant?  middlebrooks value will decrease every day he plays in the majors right now.  his start was hot but the cooling off has already started (see:  jeremy linn).  brooksanity is already over.  book is out.  watch him look at strike 3, boot a grounder, and pick up a bunt clearly rolling foul and eat it.
    They are already eating huge contracts this season (see:  slackey, dice, craw, thumby, owsbury (granted not so huge)) that i doubt they will want to pay youk's or simlar contract just for them to go play on another team.  it's all about SP...see how we won 5 in a row?  bingo!  good for you!  that's right - quality starts! 
    shots of uncle jack before a game?  (how about chicken and beer?)  who cares, as long as there are quality starts.  lose 3 in a row?  trade them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Blockbuster would probably be pretty stupid right now because I don't see anything broken. 

The pitching was horrible early on and got the Sox into this mess, but the bullpen has been the best in MLB for at least the last three weeks.  The rotation looks like it is coming around.  And the lineup has been driving in the second most runs in the AL, ahead of everyone except the Rangers. 

In a month or so Ellsbury and then CC will be ready to return, to say nothing of Youk in the next week.  Waiting impatiently in the minors is a pretty good hitting catcher named Lavarnway and a great fielding SS named Iglesias who might just be learning how to hit--singles, anyway.  Mortensen, who was lights out in the bullpen, is also standing by in Pawtucket. Later, so will Bailey. 

There are no great starters out there for less than a kings ransom.  For Felix Hernandez, the Mariners would probably want Pedroia, Ellsbury, Middlebrooks, and Lavarnway--and maybe Ortiz with the Sox paying his salary.   

Sections
Shortcuts