LOOK FOR BOBBY V. TO USE THE MEDIA AS AN ALLY.. SHADES OF 1967......

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: LOOK FOR BOBBY V. TO USE THE MEDIA AS AN ALLY.. SHADES OF 1967......

Let's take bets on this:

What date will the media first use the headline , "Valentine's Day massacre?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Shades of '67, I'm missing the connection, that team came out of no-where with a rookie manager. The Sox of '12 are expected to win, that is if someone notices that they actually need a bull-pen, with a veteran skipper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: LOOK FOR BOBBY V. TO USE THE MEDIA AS AN ALLY.. SHADES OF 1967......:
       Shades of '67, I'm missing the connection, that team came out of no-where with a rookie manager. The Sox of '12 are expected to win, that is if someone notices that they actually need a bull-pen, with a veteran skipper.
    Posted by attic-dan

BILL doesn't need to make any connections.

Check out his other threads, he works in the Big O on every topic from avocados to zebras.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: LOOK FOR BOBBY V. TO USE THE MEDIA AS AN ALLY.. SHADES OF 1967......:
    In Response to Re: LOOK FOR BOBBY V. TO USE THE MEDIA AS AN ALLY.. SHADES OF 1967...... :
       Shades of '67, I'm missing the connection, that team came out of no-where with a rookie manager. The Sox of '12 are expected to win, that is if someone notices that they actually need a bull-pen, with a veteran skipper. Posted by attic-dan[/QUO  DUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR.......  OK,  I SPLAIN FOR YOU............  DICK WILLIAMS OF 1967  TREATED HIS PLAYERS IN PRINT THE SAME WAY BOBBY V. WILL BE TREATING THESE SPOILED BRATS OF 2012 !!   CAN'T WAIT !!
    Posted by Bill-806

You have your years wrong in '67 the only memorable quote was 'we'll win more than we lose' it was after '67 when the prima-donnas i.e. Yaz who would go over Williams head to Yawkey that Williams used the media to get out his side of story, which helped contribute to his firing by the way. You had the right premise just wrong years.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

If Bobby Valentine's first year as Red Sox Manager brings memories of 1967, sounds good.  A lot of good memories, the bad memory is Tony Conigliaro getting hit in the head, almost losing his eysight, likely depriving him of a Hall of Fame career and probably somehow affecting his mortality, but certainly his quality of life.
    It is also a reminder that Bob Gibson, one of the greatest pitchers of all time, beat the Red Sox in the World Series.  Also reminds fans of Carl Yastrzemski Triple Crown, I believe the last time in the Major Leagues.  It would be wonderful to have all the excitement which came from the season, and of course the sadness which came from altering Tony C's career and life.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: LOOK FOR BOBBY V. TO USE THE MEDIA AS AN ALLY.. SHADES OF 1967...... : AGAIN YOUR RIGHT.....  DIFFERENCE BEING  D. WILLIAMS KEPT THEM SO BUSY WINNING BASEBALL GAMES IN 1967 THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE TIME TO "CRY POOR ME"......  IT WAS SPRING TRAINING 1968 WHEN YAZ AND A FEW OTHERS FIGURED THAT THEY DID NOT NEED D. WILLIAMS TO KEEP THEM WINNING...... AND THAT SON, IS HISTORY !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Any mentioning of '67 is ok at this address, that was a magical ride and Yaz to give him his due provided high lights from his catch in Yankee stadium for Billy Rohr, to getting clutch hit after clutch hit. Thanks for the oppurtunity to go down memory lane.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts