LOOK FOR BUCHOLZ TO MISS NEXT START.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LOOK FOR BUCHOLZ TO MISS NEXT START.......

THAT BAD BACK IS A CONCERN BUT WILL ACT AS A BLESSING TO GIVE ANDREW MILLER A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW WHAT HE HAS !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

Re: LOOK FOR BUCHOLZ TO MISS NEXT START.......

at this point andrew miller is the best starting pitcher the SOX have ever had who has never made a start for the SOX during the regular season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: LOOK FOR BUCHOLZ TO MISS NEXT START.......:
    [QUOTE]at this point andrew miller is the best starting pitcher the SOX have ever had who has never made a start for the SOX during the regular season.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]   GOOD ONE YAZMAN.....  THE THING ABOUT MILLER IS THAT HE CAN GO FROM A 99 FASTBALL TO A BENDING/BREAKING CURV AT SLOW SPEED..... THE HITTERS WILL NOT BE GETTING TOO COMFORTABLE IN THE BOX FOR SURE !!!  CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM ON MONDAY !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLS-DAD. Show BILLS-DAD's posts

SON, I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER, GET OUT OF THE BASEMENT AND LOOK FOR A JOB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

With Buchholz's back needing a little rest, it will be interesting to see what Miller can do. Let's not anoint him just yet though, his problem has always been his control. He hasn't walked many batters recently, hopefully he has turned the corner and is finally ready to start living up to the high expectations people had for him a few years ago.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I don't think that having some muscle stiffness in his lower back could be defined as having a "bad back". I also don't think that letting buch get some treatment and a few days is a great idea with Mr. Miller waiting in the wings to show his stuff. I gotta tip my cap to buch for gutting it out last night. he said his back was starting to get stiff after the 2nd inning yet he still made it through 5 to get the W. gutsy performance if you ask me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

"

Buchholz left the game after give innings with a sore back. This at least the third time he has bad back problems during a game in the last month. The Sox gave him two extra days before his last start and Buchholz rolled through seven innings in Toronto. Now this.

Buchholz said his back tightened up in the second inning as the Red Sox were wearing down Price.

“It felt like a pulled muscle that’s in there and every time I tried to get out an extend a little bit more with a pitch, that’s when I felt it,” Buchholz said. “Last inning, it felt like I was compensating in my delivery for it. That’s how you injure yourself in other places.”

Buchholz does not feel he needs to go on the disabled list. He pointed out that the team has two days off coming up and can modify the rotation.

Terry Francona’s comments indicated a more conservative approach could be taken.

“We need to sit down in the next couple of days and see how he’s feeling. We certainly don’t want to go through the rest of the year like this,” the manager said.

The Red Sox have a replacement for Buchholz ready in lefthander Andrew Miller, who is expected to be called up early next week. His arrival would allow the Red Sox to place Buchholz on the disabled list or at least give him extra rest.

Every time you think having too many starters is a problem, something happens. Too many pitchers is never a problem."

Buch may not want to go on the DL, but if Miller has a decent outing, a retroactive DL trip for today may be the best thing for him this season. Wake is doing good as a start right now, Aceves is still waiting in the wings for Miller to fail, Lackey is performing, best to rehab now while we still have the pitching depth to afford it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Buch said the back's been botherin him off and on since last year.  Maybe not a bad back but certianly a balky back.

Ironically, Miller ironed out his control issues using a technique Buch used while at AAA -- throw a simulated inning in the bully at the end of your warmups before a strart.  Get that 1st inning out of the way before you go on the field.  That has coincided directly with this "dominant" 25-30 inning stretch we keep reading about in Pawtucket.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

based on last year and now this year with the injuries, one has to ask "is this a CHINA SHOP or a BASEBALL TEAM?"

Sections
Shortcuts