Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight

Dellin Betances, ERA 27.00 the same guy the Rays knocked out last week in less that an inning.  It doesn't look like the Yanks care to be on a streak heading into the playoffs.  Hope we win

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

Re: Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight

In Response to Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight:
    Dellin Betances, ERA 27.00 the same guy the Rays knocked out last week in less that an inning.  It doesn't look like the Yanks care to be on a streak heading into the playoffs.  Hope we win
    Posted by craze4sox

Well, what can you expect from the Yankees? They are snickering about the Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Posted by craze4sox

It is clearly evident that the Yankees prefer a potential ALCS matchup with the Rays rather than the Red Sox...and I can understand that too...what with the Sox being an overall better team than the Rays (when playing normally) and the Yanks arch rivals.

I am not surprised of this at all...I am sure whatever starters are in the line-up tonite will likely get pulled after one or two at bats.

The Rays will have to give this game away to lose it tonite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The Sox can't expect the Yankees to bail them out.Boston is in control of it's own destiny.
    By the way,the 27.00 ERA comes from 1 game against the Rays where he pitched 2/3 of an inning walking 4 and plunking 1 batter,but didn't allow a hit. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fan-tastic. Show Fan-tastic's posts

"It is clearly evident that the Yankees prefer a potential ALCS matchup with the Rays rather than the Red Sox...and I can understand that too...what with the Sox being an overall better team than the Rays (when playing normally)..."

Way to hedge that sweeping generalization. I think this meme that the Red Sox are scaring folks, especially NY,  is a way forced. I don't see the Orioles shrinking away from them, the Rays are running circles around the Sox even in an average September, and there is no guarantee that Sox will find themselves deep into the playoffs to have that match up happening...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

What did you all expect, for the Yanks to pitch CC or Nova? His ERA is based on one 1 or 2 I.P. He is our top pitching prospect and this is the perfect time to see how he is progressing.

And I don't think the Yanks are looking past Detroit or Texas to the ALCS. Some of you are too funny for words. It is not the Yankees responsibility to get Boston out of the mess they made. Deal with it yourselves and see how the chips fall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight:
    What did you all expect, for the Yanks to pitch CC or Nova? His ERA is based on one 1 or 2 I.P. He is our top pitching prospect and this is the perfect time to see how he is progressing. And I don't think the Yanks are looking past Detroit or Texas to the ALCS. Some of you are too funny for words. It is not the Yankees responsibility to get Boston out of the mess they made. Deal with it yourselves and see how the chips fall.
    Posted by jesseyeric

This is Boston globe... not the new york times... what a loser... yankees fan writing a post on red sox fanbase webpage... it's so sad...

oh btw... no one mentioned CC nor Nova to pitch in the game tonight... don't over react...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight : This is Boston globe... not the new york times... what a loser... yankees fan writing a post on red sox fanbase webpage... it's so sad...
    Posted by seannybboi

Talk about sad - you whining that NY is not beating up Tampa for you. When we beat the cr*p out of them last week, the Sox couldn't capitalize on it. When we handed Sunday's second game to Boston on a silver platter to you, I didn't see you posting anything about how NY wasn't trying hard.

FYI - get over the fact that I am here. You want to talk baseball, excellent. You want to whine, let me know what cheese you want served with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fan-tastic. Show Fan-tastic's posts

seannybboi, what is sadder? Opening a thread about a Yankees pitcher on a Red Sox site? Obsessing over a conspiracy that Giraldi is throwing games because the Red Sox are sooooooooo scary in the playoffs? Or a poster reliving memories of being a hall monitor on a website of a newspaper that has been owned by the New York Times Company since 1993? Cry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Posted by craze4sox

We have Lester on the bump tonight, who has to pitch to his resume...if he does then we should win...

New flash if the Sox we're in the same position as the Yanks we'd all be poting threads encourage Francona to pitch McDonald and then follow him with Lowrie...

Lost on all of us is that the reality is that the best case for the Yanks, Tigers and Rangers is that the Sox and Rays tie for the WC force both to burn more pitchers entering the postseason...trust me none of the AL teams want to face the Rays but if you look at head to head matchups this year...the Yanks pretty much owed the Rays...The Sox the Yanks...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight : This is Boston globe... not the new york times... what a loser... yankees fan writing a post on red sox fanbase webpage... it's so sad...
    Posted by seannybboi

What is said is an apparent Red Sox fan with 63 posts criticizing a Yankees fan who has made friends on this forum through his 10,368 posts since June 2007.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight : Talk about sad - you whining that NY is not beating up Tampa for you. When we beat the cr*p out of them last week, the Sox couldn't capitalize on it. When we handed Sunday's second game to Boston on a silver platter to you, I didn't see you posting anything about how NY wasn't trying hard. FYI - get over the fact that I am here. You want to talk baseball, excellent. You want to whine, let me know what cheese you want served with it.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Are you fre*king mentally ret*rded??? was i whining about Yankees' not beating up Rays??? It's u im whining about.  Im whining about how sad life you're having.  you have to come into sox fanpage and find hapiness writing cr*p about the Sox...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

BT - what gets me is I haven't figured out who they want NY to pitch. Nova & AJ pitched Sunday, so they cannot expect them to go on 2 days rest. Garcia on Saturday, 3 days rest. Colon pitched yesterday. I know they don't expect the Yanks to start CC since he will be pitching Friday in Game 1. Girardi has said he will use Hughes tonight. Girardi has admiited that he will not use his frontline Bullpen - shocking!

Does everyone realize that NY had to play two doubleheaders in a space of 8 or 9 days? I will never understand some fanes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight : What is said is an apparent Red Sox fan with 63 posts criticizing a Yankees fan who has made friends on this forum through his 10,368 posts since June 2007.
    Posted by hill55

oh.... so it's about the number of post you wrote now... how awesome you made a friend with yankees fan...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Yankees line up tonight:
     Derek Jeter SS
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Robinson Cano DH
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Andruw Jones LF
    Jesus Montero C
    Eduardo Nunez 2B

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The yanks will regret laying down,because everyone including the Tigers know that the Yanks are really afraid of only one team,the Boston Red Sox!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Look who the Yanks are pitching tonight : Are you fre*king mentally ret*rded??? was i whining about Yankees' not beating up Rays??? It's u im whining about.  Im whining about how sad life you're having.  you have to come into sox fanpage and find hapiness writing cr*p about the Sox...
    Posted by seannybboi

Except I never write crap about the Sox. Why don't you ask your fellow RSN and see if I am not always cheering for a NY/Boston ALCS. And worse, if you are whining about me being here, then that is just impotent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The yanks will regret laying down,because everyone including the Tigers know that the Yanks are really afraid of only one team,the Boston Red Sox!
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Yeah - we were afraid of them this past weekend. Couldn't you tell?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

BT - what gets me is I haven't figured out who they want NY to pitch. Nova & AJ pitched Sunday, so they cannot expect them to go on 2 days rest. Garcia on Saturday, 3 days rest. Colon pitched yesterday. I know they don't expect the Yanks to start CC since he will be pitching Friday in Game 1. Girardi has said he will use Hughes tonight. Girardi has admiited that he will not use his frontline Bullpen - shocking! Does everyone realize that NY had to play two doubleheaders in a space of 8 or 9 days? I will never understand some fanes.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Maybe they should have traded for Bruce Chen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Yanks aren't going to use any pitcher that they might need in the play-offs.  This is not them sticking it to the Red Sox, this is them resting their guys for the play-offs.  The Yanks gave it a real effort last night, this is not their problem.

If the Red Sox weren't 2-4 agaisnt Baltimore in the last week, it wouldn't matter.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

BT - what gets me is I haven't figured out who they want NY to pitch. Nova & AJ pitched Sunday, so they cannot expect them to go on 2 days rest. Garcia on Saturday, 3 days rest. Colon pitched yesterday. I know they don't expect the Yanks to start CC since he will be pitching Friday in Game 1. Girardi has said he will use Hughes tonight. Girardi has admiited that he will not use his frontline Bullpen - shocking! Does everyone realize that NY had to play two doubleheaders in a space of 8 or 9 days? I will never understand some fanes.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Hey jesse,
    No biggie...I am certain that all eyes will be on the kid tonight and I would have to imagine if he throws the ball well and keeps the Yanks in the game early. the Vets will all want to help get the kid get his 1st big league win...As far as his top BP guys...after last night I think I'd give the ball to Soriano again just so he doesn't enter the post season with a bad taste in his mouth (unless he did throw Joyce a cookie)...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Yankees line up tonight:  Derek Jeter SS Curtis Granderson CF Mark Teixeira 1B Robinson Cano DH Alex Rodriguez 3B Nick Swisher RF Andruw Jones LF Jesus Montero C Eduardo Nunez 2B
    Posted by mrmojo1120
    All the whining about what the NYY are doing around here is silly.

The NYY starting 9 is way better than what Tito probably would have rolled out there if he was in Tampa with nothing to play for tonight and the long flight and game on Friday ahead of him. In fact I bet this is what a starting line-up would have looked like:

1B Anderson
    2B Lowrie
    SS Iggy
    3B Aviles
    LF Jackson
    CF Reddick
    RF McDonald
    C Lavarnway
    DH Drew

SP Tazawa

Sections
Shortcuts