Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?

In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : Yes indeed he had many friends here but when most of his friends subscribed to ChickenGate and he was in the minority then perhaps he asked Scotty to beam him to another forum where sanity was more prevalent.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Please ask scotty to beam you there as well, express if possible. I'll pay extra.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I'd think he'd have made a quick appearance to say he switched forums. I sense something is wrong. 
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

This is not a maybe it is a fact. No way he leaves you and some other of his friends behind, not even a .0000001% chance. Thus it is a fact, harness is not on another forum about the Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : This is not a maybe it is a fact. No way he leaves you and some other of his friends behind, not even a .0000001% chance. Thus it is a fact, harness is not on another forum about the Red Sox.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Maybe he put another forum to sleep with his CERA threads.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

I love the  difference between a Yankee dog and a Fenway Frank and the best thing about NY is the drive back to Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I understand some here are worried. I mean any poster than annually comes here and makes 8,000 posts in 6 months just can't disappear.

Can they?

I have to think if nhsteven was such great fiends with harness then wouldn't he have his email already, and even his real name?

Why on Earth would the BDC violate any of their rules and hand out personal information to other members? 

harness and I barely ever go along. Many posters told me that they laughed their azze's off over our quarrels. Eventually after a year of that it got a little too serious, where we both really went over the line.  The same posters that said they used to laugh with and at us began to say "u2 have gone too far, it is getting ugly."

harness is far from perfect, I watched him take down his own friends here more than once, but I would like him to return just so I can hold him to the wager he made with me. 

The forum is a better place with posters like harness, whether as individuals we get along or not. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]I love the  difference between a Yankee dog and a Fenway Frank and the best thing about NY is the drive back to Boston.
    Posted by ws04ed[/QUOTE]

See, that's the difference. I would never go to beantowne, so I don't know what the ride back is like.

But I would imagine if I did (nightmare), that I would get out of that back water little town as soon as possible.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

harness is far from perfect, I watched him take down his own friends here more than once, but I would like him to return just so I can hold him to the wager he made with me.

Wasn't the wager that he wouldn't post for a couple weeks if he lost?

My history with harness started off on a bad note. I took issue with his criticism of Kottarus based on his pitch calling and pitch location calling. He didn't back down easily, and neither do I.  Many posts later, the whole CERA and CERA-related discussions began.  harness was able to change my position on the extent of a catcher's influence over a pitcher's performance. At times, it seemed like only the two of us felt a catcher made a large difference.

We have had many differences of opinion (most notably the Lackey and CC issues), but harness always was respectful to me, and backed his position up with facts, data and anecdotal evidence.

I hope he returns soon. We miss you dude!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : See, that's the difference. I would never go to beantowne, so I don't know what the ride back is like. But I would imagine if I did (nightmare), that I would get out of that back water little town as soon as possible.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

That's pathetic. Boston is a worldclass city with plenty of history, great restaurants, museums, etc. To not go to Boston simply because you're a Yankees fan is unbelievably small-minded.

I've got tentative plans to go to New York next year, and I can't wait. Just like Boston, New York is a vibrant, exciting city with a lot to offer.

You know, it's OK to root against other teams and still appreciate the culture those other cities have to offer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well said Roy. My family took a road trip from Sugar Land, TX up the east coast to Maine and back down central USA. My wife and daughter had never been to NYC. We spent 5 days there. We loved it.

Boston is a great city. No doubt. If it wasn't for the cold winters, I'd pick Boston as the best big city to live in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Well said Roy. My family took a road trip from Sugar Land, TX up the east coast to Maine and back down central USA. My wife and daughter had never been to NYC. We spent 5 days there. We loved it. Boston is a great city. No doubt. If it wasn't for the cold winters, I'd pick Boston as the best big city to live in.

If my trip goes as planned, I also hope to get to Philly for a day or two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Yes indeed he had many friends here but when most of his friends subscribed to ChickenGate and he was in the minority then perhaps he asked Scotty to beam him to another forum where sanity was more prevalent."

Loving this stuff Pike - Harness hated you man. By the way it was not a fiction that the Sox choked and blew the season, chalk it up to whatever you want. There's nothing insane about saying that. The biggest single improvement this forum could make would be if for some reason you stopped posting. The timing of his absence seeme to coincide with the regular offseason for him. There's no doubt in my mind he would have chimed in if we was leaving for good. But hopefully there is a good explanation and I hope BDC can shed some light.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : That's pathetic. Boston is a worldclass city with plenty of history, great restaurants, museums, etc. To not go to Boston simply because you're a Yankees fan is unbelievably small-minded. I've got tentative plans to go to New York next year, and I can't wait. Just like Boston, New York is a vibrant, exciting city with a lot to offer. You know, it's OK to root against other teams and still appreciate the culture those other cities have to offer.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

+1.  Babe, you're something else, man, but I don't know what. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : If my trip goes as planned, I also hope to get to Philly for a day or two.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Was in Philly last week. If you get there, go check out The Continental Midtown on 18th and Chestnut. They have a really cool rooftop lounge and very good food.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

sent an email to BDC this morning....got a response all they have access to is his email address but will check and see if any information used when registering can be obtained. If so, she will attempt to contact him another way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : If my trip goes as planned, I also hope to get to Philly for a day or two.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Philly is a great town right now, too.  My younger son lives there and loves it.  We visit fairly often.  I told him when he moved that he might have to put up with me it the Phillies and Sox met in the WS .... He didn't even flinch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Just hoping harness is well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Well said Roy. My family took a road trip from Sugar Land, TX up the east coast to Maine and back down central USA. My wife and daughter had never been to NYC. We spent 5 days there. We loved it. Boston is a great city. No doubt. If it wasn't for the cold winters, I'd pick Boston as the best big city to live in.

In the world, or just in the US?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

boston is not a big city, it has less than 650K people.

it's more like a big town.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]" Yes indeed he had many friends here but when most of his friends subscribed to ChickenGate and he was in the minority then perhaps he asked Scotty to beam him to another forum where sanity was more prevalent." Loving this stuff Pike - Harness hated you man. By the way it was not a fiction that the Sox choked and blew the season, chalk it up to whatever you want. There's nothing insane about saying that. The biggest single improvement this forum could make would be if for some reason you stopped posting. The timing of his absence seeme to coincide with the regular offseason for him. There's no doubt in my mind he would have chimed in if we was leaving for good. But hopefully there is a good explanation and I hope BDC can shed some light.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Some of us go to rest in peace! He has a great baseball mind as does Moon. My biggest issue was his problem with Burrito, who also has a great baseball mind. Hopefully they put their issue to bed before Harny vanished. been months for me being here, maybe our friend will reappear! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I have the utmost respect for Hasness.  He always got the humor plus there's nothing like a good Catcher Stat's thread to put me to sleep at night.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Harness left a dying forum. He spent five years of his life to improve the forum but the Yankee trolls won out.  He turns over the mission to J-Bay and Examiner and I am sure that they will be up to the task.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

And now team pike checks in

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking For Harness - Can Dottie Help? : In the world, or just in the US?
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

USA

I lived in Mexico City for 4 years. I've been to Europe 4 times, Brazil 3 times (Going again this summer), Canada countless times. 

Sections
Shortcuts