Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

baseball gm   1202 post in 47 days what are you on welfare   get a life

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Look.....  I can't stand GM, andrewmitch, etc. etc.  etc.    BUT...................

Come on fellas!!!  Why does it bother people SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much what other people have to say??????????  Put them on ignore & move on!

I LOVE THE SOX, so nothing anybody could ever say is going to ruin that!!!!!!!

NOT TO SOUND OFFENSIVE, BUT....................

Sometimes guys on here sound like they grew up in the last 20 - 25 years as.....

AN ONLY CHILD!!!!!   You know the type???  Mommy & Daddy always told them they were the smartest kid in the world, & that they NEVER had to listen to anybody say a word that they didn't agree with.  When the teacher called home & told mommy & daddy that they were a pain in the @$$, mommy & daddy immediately called the superintendent to have the teacher fired.  You know, the same mommy & daddy that made everyone stop keeping score at their baby's games, cause it hurt his self esteem..................

:)  :)    :)   :)   Let's lighten up a bit & have some fun!!!!!!!   :)

Sorry if I offended anyone!!!!!   REALLY!!!!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

OK...... My 13 yr old son just told me not to be mean to "the ONLY children."

Man....  I can't catch a break!  :) :) :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   Els is TEARING IT UP!!!!!1   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    [QUOTE]Look.....  I can't stand GM, andrewmitch, etc. etc.  etc.    BUT................... Come on fellas!!!  Why does it bother people SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much what other people have to say??????????  Put them on ignore & move on! I LOVE THE SOX, so nothing anybody could ever say is going to ruin that!!!!!!! NOT TO SOUND OFFENSIVE, BUT.................... Sometimes guys on here sound like they grew up in the last 20 - 25 years as..... AN ONLY CHILD!!!!!   You know the type???  Mommy & Daddy always told them they were the smartest kid in the world, & that they NEVER had to listen to anybody say a word that they didn't agree with.  When the teacher called home & told mommy & daddy that they were a pain in the @$$, mommy & daddy immediately called the superintendent to have the teacher fired.  You know, the same mommy & daddy that made everyone stop keeping score at their baby's games, cause it hurt his self esteem.................. :)  :)    :)   :)   Let's lighten up a bit & have some fun!!!!!!!   :) Sorry if I offended anyone!!!!!   REALLY!!!!  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

The fact that he has the audacity to crawl back on this forum under a fake name and pretend to be someone else, after GM (as Softlaw) attempted to ruin this forum w/ his hate, racism and attempts to attack and demean others is just sick and pathetic. 

I don't spend much time here anymore. Disgusting people like BaseballGM/Softlaw are black scars and there are better places to talk w/ real fans of the Sox.

I'll just speak the truth anytime he cowardly attempts to deny the obvious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Looks like the "jitterbug" went 3-4 today and is currently riding a 17-game hitting streak...I love the fact that hes proving ALL his retractors and the fools who were calling him soft last year wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Southpaw777,

That's why I LOVE to hear these morons pop off about guys like Els., Lowrie, etc.     It just makes them look stupid!!!

You'd kinda think more of these guys would get a chuckle out of it???

Having said that.....  I don't know the whole "softy" history?????

Hope I didn't offend anyone??  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont know much about the softy/GM thing either RSDD..only what Ive read here from other posters and GM himself. I get a kick out of some of the personalities here. You got the outright trolls, the concern trolls, the posers, the realists, the pink hats, the old school guys, the stats guys.. I enjoy reading/posting on this forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Some times the most simple answer is the answer to a riddle. You often amaze me with your witt! Thanks for making me smile!

Promise, seeing your avatar always brings a smile to my face.

Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Softlaw history:

In the beginning...after creating the heavens and the earth, God took a shot at creating life - and there was Softlaw. And God cringed.
    "Well, if at first you doesn't succeed...".
    So he created other dinosaurs. Life on earth followed suit - and the evolutionary process has shown a marked improvement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jacoby Ellsbury now has lifted his season batting average and on-base percentage up to his career levels ... that's what Red Sox fans should expect.

Ellsburys also is on pace for 47-48 stolen bases, a modest goal.

Ellsbury's UZR/150 of a negative 10.8 is far worse than his career UZR/150 of a positive 5.6, but nearly matches his 2009 UZR/150 of a negative 10.0:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF#fieldingadvanced

Ellsbury brings some value, but fans should have realistic expectations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : Roy, I've found the best thing to do is to put a block on the trolls/bashers etc, but even that is not enough sometimes. I won't get into politics on this forum, but was pretty upset and dismayed to see on the Pats forum about 89 comments about Bin Ladin's death, and of course out came the conspiracy theorists, etc. I wish people on this board would stick to the subjects of sports in our time. It's either that or posters continually trash each other or the board becomes a good old network with people commenting on each others comments with no relation to any sports subject. After living most of my life in Boston and moving to Milwaukee in 2004 the only way I can keep in touch with the Boston sports scene is through Boston.com, but it's getting very difficult to do these days. The quality of commentary is at an all time low, and it seems like trolls are taking over.   I've just about given up on posting here !! Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

You have to ride it out.  After a while, you recognize who has something to offer, and who doesn't.  And sometimes, even well-intentioned posters will get down after a losing streak, or start ordering WS tickets a good streak.

All in all, it is still the forum to be in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Some times the most simple answer is the answer to a riddle. You often amaze me with your witt! Thanks for making me smile! Promise, seeing your avatar always brings a smile to my face.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

It's the best avatar of all time.  It's so old-school, that it makes the term itself obsolete.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Who is the Luis Tiant of today?

Nobody.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Who is the Luis Tiant of today? Nobody.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    According to Mike Adams, Pedro is a worse pitcher compared to Lui because Lui pitched complete games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not touching that one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Actually, you might want to study that kid from Seattle, I noticed he has quite a bit of rotation in his wind up, just need to get him to look to the sky

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

True promise, true, but nobody has the spirit of El Tiante to go along with the skills.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hill; Ive never like the bad rap UZR gives him..Im not toyally sold on it anyways..I agree hes not the best defensive guy, but hes not as bad as UZR makes him out to be.The stat is still somewhat flawed as far as Im comcerned.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think overall, ANY team would love to have this guy on their team..That should say it all..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

OK,  Call me a "softy," no pun intended, but I'm actually getting a bit concerned about the health & welfare of our "friend" GM.....

The way Els. is rolling, not to mention Lowrie, I think the guy may be having health issues???  I haven't seen him on this board for quite some time????

Seriously!  Do you think the guys OK???  When your world (Sox) view is shattered, as it most definitely has been, how does one cope with that.  Certainly quite a bit of stress to deal with.

I don't want to put the guy over the edge, but Els. is most definitely one of the hottest leadoff hitters in the MLB over the past 2 - 3 weeks!!!  :)  Of course, I'm preaching to the choir, as WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD BE!!!!

On a serious note......

Even in the first 2 weeks of the season, I said that the Sox would be foolish to NOT MAKE A MAJOR EFFORT TO LOCK THIS KID UP WITH A DECENT CONTRACT!

TIME TO LOCK HIM UP NOW!!!!

Any casual baseball fan could watch this kid for a couple of games & tell you he's going to be an
    ALL-STAR for many years to come!!!!   :)  :)  :)

p.s.  Who said............

"There are lies, damned lies, & statistics.... "

***  Clue....  It was not GM's little league coach!  He never had one :) :) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Agreed Moon!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

On the question if there is any one like El Tiante today, I took a slightly different view than the unique motion. I tried to think of anyone who had come up as an elite power pitcher and suffered a catastrophic injury and then totally reinvented himself (the unique motion was a big part of that). In that regard I am not sure there is a good comparison right now and few guys have been the must watch showman that Luis was.

For those who haven't seen it "Lost Son of Havana" is a great documentary about Tiant.

As for Ellsbury it seems tons of folks want this guy to be a Sizemore kind of player. He isn't but what he is as a player is nice to have your team. Much of the vitrol towards Ellsbury seems to be a legitimate argument that went bad long, long ago and somebody just doesn't know when to move on to another topic. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Very few baseball people, anymore, view Ellsbury as a strong defensive CF'er. Aside from the metrics, even the author of this thread seems to acknowledge he missed out, later admitted, that Ellsbury is not a strong defensive CF'er, to put it mildly.

Now, on offense, you are quite loud for early May. Let's take a look at the large sample numbers, including a little over a month of this year:

Career BA  .291  OBP .345  (Hardly this "on base machine/next Ichiro")

2011  BA   .295  OBP .350  (In line with his career metrics, as Hill points out)

There is nothing "great hitting" about these numbers for a scatback profile. A few weeks doesn't make a season, despite the mass media drumbeat about his numbers of the last few weeks. Career averages are there for a reason, with the career high and low years being thrown out after the sample gets large enough.

Career leading off an inning: BA  .273  OBP .310

Career leading off the game BA  .279  OBP  .320

Career #1 in batting order  BA   .283   OBP  .334

I'm not impressed by this, particularly when Crawford is on the books and in place for 142M. 

It is noteworthy that managment trumped Tocoby Bellsbury's agent on swinging for the fences to display homer pop, by forcing him to the bottom of the order and some days off until he changed his approach back to the slap hitter he is.

I understand how giddy you are with Bellsbury's last two or three weeks. But read Hill's post, which is on the money. Remember, it's early May.