Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    Hill; Ive never like the bad rap UZR gives him..Im not toyally sold on it anyways..I agree hes not the best defensive guy, but hes not as bad as UZR makes him out to be.The stat is still somewhat flawed as far as Im comcerned.    
    Posted by southpaw777

Total Zone Rating gives Jacoby Ellsbury a similar assessment of his defensive skills:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/ellsbja01.shtml

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

...not a pitcher, but there have been times that Big Papi's spirit has been infectious ....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Softy is alive and well in the form of baseballGM. He just got tired of getting banned under the Softlaw iterations or he just wanted to start over since his projections were SO WRONG about Ellsbury and Lowrie, among others.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

For those who haven't seen it "Lost Son of Havana" is a great documentary about Tiant.

A great truibute to a great man and player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Rang, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Softlaw. Now, knowing you tend to get it wrong, what do you claim Softlaw was wrong about Ellsbury and Lowrie projections? Lowrie has yet to complete a full season (see career metrics), and Ellsbury hasn't exactly been the next whatever great player they claimed he would be (see career metrics). Surely, you aren't suggesting we take a few weeks of Ellsbury and Lowrie and that becomes the projection? Ha ha ha ha! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aseballGM. Show aseballGM's posts

Very few baseball people, anymore, view Ellsbury as a strong defensive CF'er. Aside from the metrics, even the author of this thread seems to acknowledge he missed out, later admitted, that Ellsbury is not a strong defensive CF'er, to put it mildly.

Now, on offense, you are quite loud for early May. Let's take a look at the large sample numbers, including a little over a month of this year:

Career BA  .291  OBP .345  (Hardly this "on base machine/next Ichiro")

2011  BA   .295  OBP .350  (In line with his career metrics, as Hill points out)

There is nothing "great hitting" about these numbers for a scatback profile. A few weeks doesn't make a season, despite the mass media drumbeat about his numbers of the last few weeks. Career averages are there for a reason, with the career high and low years being thrown out after the sample gets large enough.

Career leading off an inning: BA  .273  OBP .310

Career leading off the game BA  .279  OBP  .320

Career #1 in batting order  BA   .283   OBP  .334

I'm not impressed by this, particularly when Crawford is on the books and in place for 142M. 

It is noteworthy that managment trumped Tocoby Bellsbury's agent on swinging for the fences to display homer pop, by forcing him to the bottom of the order and some days off until he changed his approach back to the slap hitter he is.

I understand how giddy you are with Bellsbury's last two or three weeks. But read Hill's post, which is on the money. Remember, it's early May.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    Very few baseball people, anymore, view Ellsbury as a strong defensive CF'er. Aside from the metrics, even the author of this thread seems to acknowledge he missed out, later admitted, that Ellsbury is not a strong defensive CF'er, to put it mildly. Now, on offense, you are quite loud for early May. Let's take a look at the large sample numbers, including a little over a month of this year: Career BA  .291  OBP .345  (Hardly this "on base machine/next Ichiro") 2011  BA   .295  OBP .350  (In line with his career metrics, as Hill points out) There is nothing "great hitting" about these numbers for a scatback profile. A few weeks doesn't make a season, despite the mass media drumbeat about his numbers of the last few weeks. Career averages are there for a reason, with the career high and low years being thrown out after the sample gets large enough. Career leading off an inning: BA  .273  OBP .310 Career leading off the game BA  .279  OBP  .320 Career #1 in batting order  BA   .283   OBP  .334 I'm not impressed by this, particularly when Crawford is on the books and in place for 142M.  It is noteworthy that managment trumped Tocoby Bellsbury's agent on swinging for the fences to display homer pop, by forcing him to the bottom of the order and some days off until he changed his approach back to the slap hitter he is. I understand how giddy you are with Bellsbury's last two or three weeks. But read Hill's post, which is on the money. Remember, it's early May.
    Posted by aseballGM

Are you baseballGM????  Are you the same guy?  2 posts????

Either way, no problem!  You're just doubly laughable & boring now  :)

I think you're definitely on to something though.  Ellsbury & Lowrie are certainly the two BIG PROBLEMS on this team!  Especially with what they currently cost the team dollar wise!!!!

As my dad always says.........  It's much better to say very little & have people think you're stupid, rather than say a lot & let them KNOW you are!!!!

Dude!  Time to find a new song & dance routine.....  I'm not sure why some still try to reason with you using facts, figures, stats., & logic......  It wouldn't matter what anybody said to you.  You can always search, hunt, peck, & choose your own set of stats to bolster your own CLEARLY FLAWED ARGUMENT!!!!!!!   :)  :)  :) 

Still can't tell me who said it, can you???

"Lies, damned lies, & statistics....."

You're supposed to be at least marginally intelligent?????   Right??????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Why believe OUR LYING EYES???????   Trust in GM!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

His new identity of "aseballGM" should have been assballGM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The funniest line is this:

...you are quite loud for early May.

This from the guy that was screaming the loudest in early April.

llbsury stinks

akefield stinks

owrie stinks

aritek stinks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

unny tuff!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

itterbug ake!
    otato alad ake!
    o op owrie!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

ure  rivel!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Stop...you guys are killing me!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Most of you guys know who my avatar is right!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

His new identity of "aseballGM" should have been assballGM.
    Posted by harness

Or ASSMAN.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

Bellsbury 1-5, lighting it up from the leadoff spot. Rick "Heathcliffe" made fun of him in his last AB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

he also has a 17 game hitting streak... Personally i like that hes stopped hitting homeruns and started focusing getting on base, thats a good sign for the sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

17 games and counting ASSMAN.
    He stops hitting dingers and is getting on base as you requested. Do you give him any credit?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Is this clown going to deny he was softlaw1AAA?

In memory of my halfnamesake:

"Meet the new clown.
    Same as the old clown."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

18 games and counting ASSMAN.

You remember the Sienfeld on this subject?

unny!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

ure  rivel !
    Posted by harness

You know when you type LOL...it means nothing...except for this thread where I was laughing out loud so much I began to cough.  Pure genius!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes, LOL is a bit phony, yet it's a kind albiet over-used reaction.
    But HA HA HA is as artificial as Joan Rivers' face.
    Then again, so is Softy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

Old Jerry, part of a very discriminating business.

It's not about how many games Bellsbury has in a streak, Harness, it's about playing team baseball. So far, Ellsbury had to be reprimanded for his selfish approach. This is the same guy who blamed his problems on the medical staff. The same guy who was cleared by his own medical hired gun and still only lasted a few days.

Iggy really has that youthful and athletic winning personaility. Bellsbury could learn something from that kid.

Sections
Shortcuts