Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

I have a "oftlaw" theory. Sometimes he makes a projection based on his "analysis" and just gets it wrong. It happens to all of us. I thought Reddick was ready a year ago but that didn't work out that great did it. Maybe there is still time with his 8 HR this year and improved plate discipline but the point it that lots of us make player predictions which just don't work out.

The difference is that "oftlaw" just can't stand to ever, ever, ever ....be wrong. The guy will be saying something negative about the player on the day of his HOF speech. It makes little difference what school he went to but that may be an issue to a degree. I just think softy is clinically unable to admit it when he's wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

There is something going on the the Sox farm system this year which is pretty phenomenal. Lot's of players appear to have emerged as top prospects now. Middlebrooks, Jacobs, Coyle, Hassan, Brentz, Hazelbaker, Vitek, Head, Ranaudo, Hernandez...etc. The farm is briming with studs. Let's hope it keeps up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

1-5 at leadoff is not a "good night".

It's Ok for CEOs to collude and worse together, but heaven forbid if some workers try to unite to get a bigger piece of the pie.

Mo, I think the MLBPA has a pretty large "piece of the pie". Should their accountants be handling the books? I don't think so!

Real easy solution for millionaire Big Labor to get a bigger piece of the pie, and that's to use those millions to form their own league and do their own books. As with what bankrupted Detroit, Big Labor wants $50 an hour to push a broom and lifelong retirement without putting up the financial capital.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Boom i was looking at stats today from the minors, I think he is up to 9 now. I'll have to double check

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    Boom i was looking at stats today from the minors, I think he is up to 9 now. I'll have to double check
    Posted by promise4you

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=LF&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=502210

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Thanks Hill, it is 9 I see. What happened to Federowitz, he was tearing the cover off the ball. Guess its all part of growing up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    1-5 at leadoff is not a "good night". It's Ok for CEOs to collude and worse together, but heaven forbid if some workers try to unite to get a bigger piece of the pie. Mo, I think the MLBPA has a pretty large "piece of the pie". Should their accountants be handling the books? I don't think so! Real easy solution for millionaire Big Labor to get a bigger piece of the pie, and that's to use those millions to form their own league and do their own books. As with what bankrupted Detroit, Big Labor wants $50 an hour to push a broom and lifelong retirement without putting up the financial capital.
    Posted by softlawRS

1-5 is a good night depending on what that 1 hit did.... But here are some stats for ya to chew on with your buddy ...

Jacoby Ellsbury  ab/H        AVG       OBP      SLG
    last 7 days        10/28      .357      .379       .429

last 14 days     22/57       .386      .417       .509

last 28 days     32/97       .330      .381       .495

So in the last month Ellsburys game has been nothing less than great so far...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

itterbug ake is not turning into a key player, he has been for quite some time. Wasn't ofty paying attention? Wait for the Crawbury Factor, coming soon to a ballpark near you!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

If Softlaw had his way, Coco Crisp would still be our centerfielder and Ellsbury would have been traded for a 4th string catcher or a reliever in the minors. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : 1-5 is a good night depending on what that 1 hit did.... But here are some stats for ya to chew on with your buddy ... Jacoby Ellsbury  ab/H        AVG       OBP      SLG last 7 days        10/28      .357      .379       .429 last 14 days     22/57       .386      .417       .509 last 28 days     32/97       .330      .381       .495 So in the last month Ellsburys game has been nothing less than great so far...
    Posted by southpaw777

In the first 26 days of the season, Jacoby Ellsbury posted a .221/.294/.429 line.

Neither my sample nor your sample is particularly revealing because of their small sizes. And neither sample accounts for Ellsbury's defensive play.

Ellsbury is a career .291/.344/.410 hitter while in this season's small sample Ellsbury is a .291/.345/.463 hitter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Crisp hasnt even played a half season since he left and has been mostly on the DL..yeah, that was a good choice for ofty

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 4/16/2007
    Last: 5/10/2011
    almost like pig Latin with out the "A". Thought my senility pills stopped working for a minute there! Good to know im still half way sane. Cool

We are having a bit of fun aren't we?   :o)

I won't ask which half is sane ....   in my case, it might cause an argument from the other two halves ....

Have a great one, bro.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Last 7 games OPS (12 + PAs)

1) AGon  .946
    2) Dew   .889
    3) Youk .854
    4) Ellsb .808
    5) VTek .724
    6) Craw .724
    7) Lowr .694
    8) Ortiz .568
    9) Pede .470
    10) Salt .455

Last 14 (22 + PAs)
    1) AGon  1.042
    2) Youk    .947
    3) Ellsb    .925
    4) Ortiz   .782
    5) Craw  .752
    6) Lowr   .648
    7) VTek   .638
    8) Drew  .604
    9) Salty   .577
    10) Pede .443

Last 28: Youk, AGon, Ellsb, Lowrie, Papi, Scutty, Drew, Cam, Craw, Salty, Pedey, Vtek, DMac.

Last 365 days:

1) Youk    .952
    2) Papi      .910
    3) Lowrie  .893
    4) AGon    .870
    5) Drew    .764
    6) Pedey  .759
    7) DMac   .755
    8) Nava    .711
    9) Kalish  .701
    10) Scut  .698
    11) Cam  .692
    12) Ellsb  .671
    13) Salty .560
    14) Craw  .551
    Redd (532), VTek (529), Nav (317) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : In the first 26 days of the season, Jacoby Ellsbury posted a .221/.294/.429 line. Neither my sample nor your sample is particularly revealing because of their small sizes. And neither sample accounts for Ellsbury's defensive play. Ellsbury is a career .291/.344/.410 hitter while in this season's small sample Ellsbury is a .291/.345/.463 hitter.
    Posted by hill55

Has any Redsox player ever had a good UZR/150 in CF in Boston, besides Ellsbury ( who has done it twice ). I seriously doubt it. I think they have the park factor way off. They adjusted it last year but it's still off IMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"ofty" - I like that. It should get to him, considering his pashion for golf:)

Boom: Who's that kid in UR pic?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Has any Redsox player ever had a good UZR/150 in CF in Boston, besides Ellsbury ( who has done it twice ). I seriously doubt it. I think they have the park factor way off. They adjusted it last year but it's still off IMO.

It can be done, but it is not common...

Sox CF UZR:

2002: Damon    +2.2
    2003: Damon     -4.0
    2004: Damon     -8.4
    2005:
    Damon   -16.8
    2006: C. Crisp   -1.4
    2007: C. Crisp +25.1
    2008: Ellsbury +21.3
             C. Crisp     -2.2 
    2009: Ellsbury    -9.7
    2010: D. Mac      -7.8

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : In the first 26 days of the season, Jacoby Ellsbury posted a .221/.294/.429 line. Neither my sample nor your sample is particularly revealing because of their small sizes. And neither sample accounts for Ellsbury's defensive play. Ellsbury is a career .291/.344/.410 hitter while in this season's small sample Ellsbury is a .291/.345/.463 hitter.
    Posted by hill55

It only shows that hes been solid with the bat for the last month..thats all I meant by it..Im not high on the kids D, but I still think hes above average. Im not a big fan of defensive UZR..I think its too flawed but has SOME merit..just my opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It is flawed, but not as much as Error %, RF/9, Gold glove voting, etc...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I thought everyone would notice my avatar. It's Pedroia!

I forgot Crisp in CF that one year. He was outstanding. I was commenting that it seems to be tough to put up good numbers in Fenway's CF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : Has any Redsox player ever had a good UZR/150 in CF in Boston, besides Ellsbury ( who has done it twice ). I seriously doubt it. I think they have the park factor way off. They adjusted it last year but it's still off IMO.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

The Red Sox player with the most innings in centerfield each year since 2002 with the player's UZR/150 in centerfield only:

2002 -- Johnny Damon +0.2
    2003 -- Johnny Damon -4.3
    2004 -- Johnny Damon -9.4
    2005 -- Johnny Damon -17.2
    2006 -- Coco Crisp -2.0
    2007 -- Coco Crisp +25.4
    2008 -- Coco Crisp -5.1
    2009 -- Jacoby Ellsbury -10.0
    2010 -- Darnell McDonald -23.5

http://www.fangraphs.com/winss.aspx?team=Red Sox&pos=cf&stats=fld&qual=0&type=1&season=2010&month=0&season1=2010

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I thought everyone would notice my avatar. It's Pedroia! I forgot Crisp in CF that one year. He was outstanding. I was commenting that it seems to be tough to put up good numbers in Fenway's CF.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

But he looks so...tall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't think Damon's numbers are skewed. His speed kept him from being worse. His arm was worse than my granma's.

I still think Jacoby does not get great breaks on balls as they are hit. He seems to be better than 2009, but not by much. He still plays too deep and at times takes the " long road" to the ball. He makes some tough plays, and at times makes marginal tough plays look real tough.

I find it interesting that no voter from the Fieldng Bible has ever chosen him as a top 10 OF'er...not one.

That being said, I still think Jacoby is a big plus to this team. His prime is just about to begin and his bat and eye are showing signs of maturing. His speed is a plus on offense, but he could use some better instincts.

I think he will end up with an OBP over .360-.365, but if he could get over .380...what out...

Softy will be jumping from the Tobin Bridge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Not if it's a toll bridge.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If it's a private company toll, he'd gladly pay...

...just no Gov't handouts allowed.

Sections
Shortcuts