2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

Temporary situation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

No comprendo on this bait thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

It's probably temporary, but it's a great temporary.  He is way ahead of everyone else on the team in runs scored and is third in rbi's.  And it might not be temporary.  He hit .300 in 2009 and led the team in hits. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I wouldn't get too excited over a .282 BA and one of the lower team everyday player OBP. Ellsbury is what he is, and not the great player that Gammons says he is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Jitterbug Jake" and No POP Jed"...

Jake 23 of his last 61 (BA .377)

I wish all our players hit .377 recently.

No POP has a .525 + Slg % and .900 OPS over the last 365 days.

12 Hrs and 34 extra base hits in his last 298 PAs/266 ABs.

HR every 22.1 ABs
    EBH every 12.8 ABs

I wish all our players had "no pop" like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Temporary or not, I'll take .282 while the team is struggling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

How many games has Ells hit in now - 16 consecutive?
    Longest in the majors.
    When can we expect him to be traded?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

i think its 17 as of today!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    [QUOTE]How many games has Ells hit in now - 16 consecutive? Longest in the majors. When can we expect him to be traded?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

That would be longest streak in the AL.Andre Ethier of the Dodgers has a 30 game streak going still. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

You don't have to look at this kid play too long to see what he's capable of. The defensive skills he shows are not bestowed on many others.His total package is exciting which is good for him and the sox. He's a game changer on both side of the ball, as long as he stays healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speed3Bri. Show Speed3Bri's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    [QUOTE]How many games has Ells hit in now - 16 consecutive? Longest in the majors. When can we expect him to be traded?

Ummm...  Is'nt one Andre Ethier going for 31 straight today?

Watch ESPN or MLBTv much?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

BaseballGM is consistent--consistently wrong, but consistent. 

Ellsbury right now is delivering the goods, better than any other hitter on the team. 

J.D. Drew, BaseballGM's favorite player is, on the other hand, delivering very little.  Except that he does lead the team in outfield assists, which is not insignificant. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Good one Harness! Which are the players our resident, self proclaimed Genius has been dumping on daily for 2 years now:

1) Ellsbury who has been one of our best players so far this year; "Jitterbug Jake"

and 

2) Lowrie who has been the best hitter on the team for 3/4 of a year now! 

They say that often Genius isn't recognized at the time it occurs. This form of "Genius" may be so profound that it never gets recognized!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

GM is a genius. Some of your posters say so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

The sad part is this wonderful board, and the great Sox faithful posters have to defend daily our players from the evil ones. I have a great idea, maybe it really is just time to ignore them. After bashing with the great Sox hater law whatever, now Gm whatever, I have just said no, I will no longer read their trash and ignore their mere existence. Maybe if we all ignore the bully he will melt away in sadness.
    Great job by Els, Buch and the rest of our Sox today!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Good to see you promise. You have the coolest avatar on this board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Hello Carnie my friend! I love the string here, just makes me sad that we, the real Sox fans now feel we have to defend our players every day on these boards. Ive always loved Els and defended for the longest time against one of the evil Law sisters, Then it was Lowrie , then Buch. Goes on forever i'm afraid my friend. I cannot figure out why people want to upset other folks pleasure. I watch great posters from NY like Jete and Jessy, they dont trash us, yet some chase away a great Guy like Jessy, why? For what reason? For their own self satisfaction? Then I watch guys like Harness and Burrito go back and forth and wonder why, both are so inteligent about this wonderful game and both love the sox.
    My old mind has trouble comprehending these things.

Anyway great win by the Sox and My #2 boy Buch showed some real class getting through the rain delay and working five great innings. He may not be at Lesters level yet, butI sure am glad we have these two kids for the next several years! Oh ya #1 is Lester has been since his bought with cancer. Holds a place in my heart that I could never explain. Maybe the reason I was sad to see Rizzo go!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]The sad part is this wonderful board, and the great Sox faithful posters have to defend daily our players from the evil ones. I have a great idea, maybe it really is just time to ignore them. After bashing with the great Sox hater law whatever, now Gm whatever, I have just said no, I will no longer read their trash and ignore their mere existence. Maybe if we all ignore the bully he will melt away in sadness. Great job by Els, Buch and the rest of our Sox today!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

That's what I do for the most part. I'll read them -- or skim -- for laughs, but I'm very selective. GM/softy is a joke with his Ellsbury/Lowrie/Wake/Lackey threads as are the one-trick Tito-bashers like 1941 and bosox1911. They all have nothing original to say so why just hash through the same old tripe. THe same thing with others.

Some who vent like zilligod or Bill are OK because while they might overreact (IMHO) at times they also come back and show great support.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Hello Carnie my friend! I love the string here, just makes me sad that we, the real Sox fans now feel we have to defend our players every day on these boards. Ive always loved Els and defended for the longest time against one of the evil Law sisters, Then it was Lowrie , then Buch. Goes on forever i'm afraid my friend. I cannot figure out why people want to upset other folks pleasure. I watch great posters from NY like Jete and Jessy, they dont trash us, yet some chase away a great Guy like Jessy, why? For what reason? For their own self satisfaction? Then I watch guys like Harness and Burrito go back and forth and wonder why, both are so inteligent about this wonderful game and both love the sox. My old mind has trouble comprehending these things. Anyway great win by the Sox and My #2 boy Buch showed some real class getting through the rain delay and working five great innings. He may not be at Lesters level yet, butI sure am glad we have these two kids for the next several years! Oh ya #1 is Lester has been since his bought with cancer. Holds a place in my heart that I could never explain. Maybe the reason I was sad to see Rizzo go!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]Rizzo's going to be a great ballplayer. He may even make Padre fans forget about Gonzo. But I still believe Gonzo is going to do big things in Boston. BTW, jessey is still posting in the music forum and jete and nhsteven have been spotted in the private forum. From what I've heard pike and the pikette witch hunters have been banned. Have you been to the private forum yet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I know that GM is not Softlaw because GM says so. But I remember last year Softlaw thought the RS first should not bring Lowrie up to the big club and then wrote that the RS should trade him while his value was high and should sign Bill Hall in the off-season to be the utility guy.

Hindsight some times is 20/20:

B. Hall:

99 AB .212/.275/.313/.588 1HR 10RBI
    2011 Salary: $3,000,000

J Lowrie:

92 AB .337/.361/.522/.883 3HR 13RBI
    2011 Salary: $434,000

Now it certainly appears that GM certainly shares some of Softlaw's opinions about Lowrie and Ellsbury. In the case of both players their performance seems to be proving that Softlaw did and GM is projecting them poorly.

There is no shame in that, only in refusing to say that the players are exceeding expectations and being happy for the home team that they are.

Just my take

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]I know that GM is not Softlaw because GM says so. But I remember last year Softlaw thought the RS first should not bring Lowrie up to the big club and then wrote that the RS should trade him while his value was high and should sign Bill Hall in the off-season to be the utility guy. Hindsight some times is 20/20: B. Hall: 99 AB .212/.275/.313/.588 1HR 10RBI 2011 Salary: $3,000,000 J Lowrie: 92 AB .337/.361/.522/.883 3HR 13RBI 2011 Salary: $434,000 Now it certainly appears that GM certainly shares some of Softlaw's opinions about Lowrie and Ellsbury. In the case of both players their performance seems to be proving that Softlaw did and GM is projecting them poorly. There is no shame in that, only in refusing to say that the players are exceeding expectations and being happy for the home team that they are. Just my take  
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Because one says he's not, does not prove he is not! Their writings are identical and their shredding of certian players is as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : Rizzo's going to be a great ballplayer. He may even make Padre fans forget about Gonzo. But I still believe Gonzo is going to do big things in Boston. BTW, jessey is still posting in the music forum and jete and nhsteven have been spotted in the private forum. From what I've heard pike and the pikette witch hunters have been banned. Have you been to the private forum yet?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Been waiting to see if im good enough to get in. Matters not, I still see and read from the guys I like best here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : Been waiting to see if im good enouigh to get in. Matters not, I still se and read from the guys I like best here.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]I'd just like to see more people in that group because frankly, it's not very active and there are some days I come here, look at the thread titles and just go away.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Slav, since when does 82 games constitute "the last 365 days"?  I can't speak for Softlaw, but pop isn't power, it's homers. Lowrie certainly isn't showing a lot of pop, and he certainly has been a part time player for what amounts to two part-time partial seasons. Aside from Lowrie's terrible defense, only when he grinds for 145 games or more in a season will he prove he's more than his career averages. Gloating about Lowrie, the part-timer, is pretty pitiful. Let's revisit Lowrie during dog days.

Crawford, even at his career averages, will be a bust.

Ellsbury's numbers aren't impressive, and this thread should have been started back in April.

Harness, you old coot, Ellsbury doesn't even come close to the longest current hitting streak.

Sections
Shortcuts