Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    [QUOTE]Slav, since when does 82 games constitute "the last 365 days"?  I can't speak for Softlaw, but pop isn't power, it's homers. Lowrie certainly isn't showing a lot of pop, and he certainly has been a part time player for what amounts to two part-time partial seasons. Aside from Lowrie's terrible defense, only when he grinds for 145 games or more in a season will he prove he's more than his career averages. Gloating about Lowrie, the part-timer, is pretty pitiful. Let's revisit Lowrie during dog days. Crawford, even at his career averages, will be a bust. Ellsbury's numbers aren't impressive, and this thread should have been started back in April. Harness, you old coot, Ellsbury doesn't even come close to the longest current hitting streak.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Actually,Ellsbury does currently have the longest hitting streak in the MLB now.Andre Ethier went 0 for 4 tonight and ended his streak.Here's a link to baseballmusings.com where the have a list of the current streak leaders:

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/CurStreak.py

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"No Pop Jed" has 1 HR per 21.9 ABs /last 365 days (82 games).
    Bill "shoulda signed him" Hall has 1 HR per 22.4 ABs/last 365 days.
    Dustin "good ole boy" Pedroia has 1 HR per 42.0 ABs/365 (76 gms).
    Adrian "shoulda tarded Jed for" Gonzalez: 1 HR per 22.1 ABs/365.
    Kevin "good ole boy" Youkilis has 1 HR per 18.3 ABs/ 365 (102 gms).
    David "should go to AAA" Ortiz has 1 HR per 17.3 ABs/365 days.

Yes, 82games in the major leagues in the last 365 days is not a large sample size, but the sample size is growing and the clown is getting testy.

Let's look at career numbers:
    Career (ABs per__):

Ortiz   16.4 HR/ 7.3 Extra Base Hits
    Youk   24.5 HR/ 8.5 Extra Base Hits
    AGon  19.3 HR/ 8.7 EBH
    Jed      39.9 HR/ 8.8 EBH 
    B.Hall 26.3 HR/ 9.3 EBH
    Pedey 41.2 HR/ 9.9 EBH

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    [QUOTE]"Jitterbug Jake" and No POP Jed"... Jake 23 of his last 61 (BA .377) I wish all our players hit .377 recently. ________________________________________ No POP has a .525 + Slg % and .900 OPS over the last 365 days. 12 Hrs and 34 extra base hits in his last 298 PAs/266 ABs. HR every 22.1 ABs EBH every 12.8 ABs I wish all our players had "no pop" like that.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Two more examples of how "Law the baseball expert" is clearly not!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 4/16/2007
    Last: 5/7/2011
    The sad part is this wonderful board, and the great Sox faithful posters have to defend daily our players from the evil ones. I have a great idea, maybe it really is just time to ignore them. After bashing with the great Sox hater law whatever, now Gm whatever, I have just said no, I will no longer read their trash and ignore their mere existence. Maybe if we all ignore the bully he will melt away in sadness.
    Great job by Els, Buch and the rest of our Sox today!

Hey Promise!

I am trying to do what you're suggesting.  I've done it with a couple.  But I get much more riled up with our "brother fans" bashing our team than Yanqui carpetbaggers .... still I do ignore it bettah than before.

Glad you're one of the good guys.

It doesn't mean we agree 100% or don't have complaints or concerns, but we don't cut to the bone or criticize 99% of the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Glad fotr this thread, sir.

The references to Jake's performance being temporary is humorous.  Some jusst won't give a guy his due.

Probably when Jake's gone, these same guys will have claimed to have loved him all along.

Same is true about Jed.  Look, he not only overcame broken bones but mono ....  ;o)  Mono killed a half dozen careers I know of.   Uh, high school dating careers that is ...  but that was reaallllyy scary back then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]It's probably temporary, but it's a great temporary.  He is way ahead of everyone else on the team in runs scored and is third in rbi's.  And it might not be temporary.  He hit .300 in 2009 and led the team in hits. 
    Posted by M1A2[/QUOTE]

M1A2

Be of good cheer ... I think Els has learned not to break 4 ribs.  I remain amazed at the negativity against him.

Of course, a great deal of it comes from a poser who likes to play devil's advocate and stir things up. 

It's a bit cruel to say, but this advocate position appears to be the only one that that lawyer appears to have ... 

Els will be performing well for a goodly period of time.  And then, yes, years from now his career will end.  So it is temporary.  But not the way the devil's advocate proposes ....  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

SinceYaz

Hey Promise!

I am trying to do what you're suggesting.  I've done it with a couple.  But I get much more riled up with our "brother fans" bashing our team than Yanqui carpetbaggers .... still I do ignore it bettah than before.

Glad you're one of the good guys.

It doesn't mean we agree 100% or don't have complaints or concerns, but we don't cut to the bone or criticize 99% of the time.

Good morning my friend. Will leave you a message on your profile. Im actually getting very good at ignoring those clowns and interestingly, the more I ignore them the more they ignore me. Im also starting to get a feeling I made some mistakes about a few people in the past. Seems they share the same love for our Sox, but are maybe harsh at times with criticism, but its out of their love for the home team. Hope the sox carry over into today yesterdays strong showing. I think the Dice man will be looking to give a strong performance. Also heard a rumor that whiz kid maybe up and we could see him today. Bad break for Navarro who just went on the disabled list, he was knockin the cover off the ball. Timing is everything in this game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]GM is a genius. Some of your posters say so.
    Posted by Stengel[/QUOTE]

Its just his aliases...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ellsbury is just picking up where he left off before the injury. Ellsbury is a great talent that will be a .300 hitter and cause lots of problems for defenses. His only thing is those bad breaks on balls. Other than that, the kid is solid..Good to see him making all his retractors eat crow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : That's what I do for the most part. I'll read them -- or skim -- for laughs, but I'm very selective. GM/softy is a joke with his Ellsbury/Lowrie/Wake/Lackey threads as are the one-trick Tito-bashers like 1941 and bosox1911. They all have nothing original to say so why just hash through the same old tripe. THe same thing with others. Some who vent like zilligod or Bill are OK because while they might overreact (IMHO) at times they also come back and show great support.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]  OH SHUCKS ROY 19, THANKS FOR THE OK....  FACT IS, AS A LONG TIME R S FAN I NEED TO HIDE MY LOVE WITH A MIX OF UNDAUNTED LOYALTY AND A SMITHERING OF REALITY.  TRUTH BE KNOWN, CIRCA 1950'S I GOT THE IDEA THAT THE SOX ARE MY TEAM, FAST  FORWARD TO AL GORES INTERNET AND NOW I GET A CHANCE TO PLAY TITO & THEO AND LIVE & DIE WITH THE EVERY DAY RUNNING OF THE CLUB..... OH YES, I LIKE TO BRING SOME HEAVY TO THE RIGHT HUMOR TO THE BOARD TOO !!!!Cool......  ALSO,  THAT IS A BIG TIME COMPLIMENT TO BE MENTIONED WITH THE LIKES OF ZILLY, HE KNOWS HIS STUFF!!!  BBGM/SOFTY IS A GOOD BB MIND TOO !!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

last 365 days (82 games).

Explain this.............

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox :   OH SHUCKS ROY 19, THANKS FOR THE OK....  FACT IS, AS A LONG TIME R S FAN I NEED TO HIDE MY LOVE WITH A MIX OF UNDAUNTED LOYALTY AND A SMITHERING OF REALITY.  TRUTH BE KNOWN, CIRCA 1950'S I GOT THE IDEA THAT THE SOX ARE MY TEAM, FAST  FORWARD TO AL GORES INTERNET AND NOW I GET A CHANCE TO PLAY TITO & THEO AND LIVE & DIE WITH THE EVERY DAY RUNNING OF THE CLUB..... OH YES, I LIKE TO BRING SOME HEAVY TO THE RIGHT HUMOR TO THE BOARD TOO !!!! ......  ALSO,  THAT IS A BIG TIME COMPLIMENT TO BE MENTIONED WITH THE LIKES OF ZILLY, HE KNOWS HIS STUFF!!!  BBGM/SOFTY IS A GOOD BB MIND TOO !!! 
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Like I've told you both you and Z before. Sometimes I roll my eyes at some of your posts and his, and will disagree at times, which I hope I do respectfully. But I could watch a game in a bar with both of you because you both are great fans. (I'll buy. Don't want to make Z unhappy).

I'll vent as much as any fan, but I usually just yell at the TV or computer screen.

As for softy/gm -- great baseball mind? Perhaps. But instead of getting involved in constructive discussions, he'd rather wallow in the gutter, name-calling those who disagree, picking fights with others even when they agree with him -- he did that with me at least three or four times -- and he has become a bore/joke with his wake/lackey/ellsbury/lowrie rants.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]The sad part is this wonderful board, and the great Sox faithful posters have to defend daily our players from the evil ones. I have a great idea, maybe it really is just time to ignore them. After bashing with the great Sox hater law whatever, now Gm whatever, I have just said no, I will no longer read their trash and ignore their mere existence. Maybe if we all ignore the bully he will melt away in sadness. Great job by Els, Buch and the rest of our Sox today!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. As a Sox fan, I like to give credit to the boys when it is due. I can be critical as well, but I'm not hung up about proving myself "right" about anything. You are a great fan promise, the kind of fan who makes it enjoyable to come to this board and talk about our beloved Sox. Let's hope the team will soon be firing on all cylinders and and our boys will prove all the critics wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

DevilD,
        Im hoping that Dice puts it together today, Maybe this Kid shortstop will play soon and make a few dazzling plays and light a fire under this team. If we had any questions starting the season it was Ells and Lowrie's health. Both are performing well and are healthy (knock on wood). We are starting to see signs of a turn around, have they won 12 straight? Heck no, but you turn things around slowly and I think they are on their way. Have a great day and enjoy the game today. Thanks for your kind post!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : Like I've told you both you and Z before. Sometimes I roll my eyes at some of your posts and his, and will disagree at times, which I hope I do respectfully. But I could watch a game in a bar with both of you because you both are great fans. (I'll buy. Don't want to make Z unhappy). I'll vent as much as any fan, but I usually just yell at the TV or computer screen. As for softy/gm -- great baseball mind? Perhaps. But instead of getting involved in constructive discussions, he'd rather wallow in the gutter, name-calling those who disagree, picking fights with others even when they agree with him -- he did that with me at least three or four times -- and he has become a bore/joke with his wake/lackey/ellsbury/lowrie rants.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]  ROY 19 ......  YA KNOW, I THINK THAT THE BOARD NEEDS TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES ON  BBGM/SOFTY........  I MEAN, IF YOU LOOK AT HIS STRENGTHS, IE:  1/ BASEBALL SMARTS, 2/VERY ARTICULATE, 3/ STRONG DEBATER, 4/SAYS WHAT HE MEANS, MEANS WHAT HE SAYS,  5/ BACKS UP HIS POINTS.......  I COULD GO ON, BUT I JUST THINK THAT HE IS ONE OF THE PERSONALITIES THAT MAKES THIS BOARD WHAT IT IS !!  I DO ENJOY, BUT NOT ALWAYS AGREE WITH HIS POSTS........  A DETERMINED INDIVIDUAL FOR SURE.....  PERHAPS, A CROSS BETWEEN A GREAT GREAT TEACHER (ONE THAT YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER) AND PERHAPS A PROFESSIONAL SOLDIER/FLYER, C I A TYPE.....  Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]BaseballGM is consistent--consistently wrong, but consistent.  Ellsbury right now is delivering the goods, better than any other hitter on the team.  J.D. Drew, BaseballGM's favorite player is, on the other hand, delivering very little.  Except that he does lead the team in outfield assists, which is not insignificant. 
    Posted by M1A2[/QUOTE]

He's consistently wrong because he allows his emotions to control his brain.

I thought Hall was worthless, but had no problem changing my mind when I saw his production.

I liked the Wily Mo trade until I saw the ball bouncing of his head.

I don't like Bowden or Redd ick, but if they prove me wrong, so be it.  If they play well, I won't sit here in denial.

And FWIW, I've always maintained that Lowrie is worth more in trade than he is to us, and Ellsbury might also be a trade candidate.  But it would be silly to think they don't have skills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox :   ROY 19 ......  YA KNOW, I THINK THAT THE BOARD NEEDS TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES ON  BBGM/SOFTY........  I MEAN, IF YOU LOOK AT HIS STRENGTHS, IE:  1/ BASEBALL SMARTS, 2/VERY ARTICULATE, 3/ STRONG DEBATER, 4/SAYS WHAT HE MEANS, MEANS WHAT HE SAYS,  5/ BACKS UP HIS POINTS.......  I COULD GO ON, BUT I JUST THINK THAT HE IS ONE OF THE PERSONALITIES THAT MAKES THIS BOARD WHAT IT IS !!  I DO ENJOY, BUT NOT ALWAYS AGREE WITH HIS POSTS........  A DETERMINED INDIVIDUAL FOR SURE.....  PERHAPS, A CROSS BETWEEN A GREAT GREAT TEACHER (ONE THAT YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER) AND PERHAPS A PROFESSIONAL SOLDIER/FLYER, C I A TYPE..... 
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I happen to think that Softlaw is very bright, but even very bright people become dumb as a door knob if let their emotions overrule their brains.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm sure he's of at least average intelligence, but everyone has his/her blind spots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

last 365 days (82 games).

Explain this.............

Further evidence of softy's lack of logic and reading comprehension.

The last 365 days: 82 games it what it says it is. It should need no further explanation, but for the reason-challenged...

Here's a hint: how many games has Jed played in MLB the last 365 calendar days?

It begins with an 8 and ends with a 2.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : That's what I do for the most part. I'll read them -- or skim -- for laughs, but I'm very selective. GM/softy is a joke with his Ellsbury/Lowrie/Wake/Lackey threads as are the one-trick Tito-bashers like 1941 and bosox1911. They all have nothing original to say so why just hash through the same old tripe. THe same thing with others. Some who vent like zilligod or Bill are OK because while they might overreact (IMHO) at times they also come back and show great support.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Roy,

I've found the best thing to do is to put a block on the trolls/bashers etc, but even that is not enough sometimes. I won't get into politics on this forum, but was pretty upset and dismayed to see on the Pats forum about 89 comments about Bin Ladin's death, and of course out came the conspiracy theorists, etc. I wish people on this board would stick to the subjects of sports in our time. It's either that or posters continually trash each other or the board becomes a good old network with people commenting on each others comments with no relation to any sports subject.

After living most of my life in Boston and moving to Milwaukee in 2004 the only way I can keep in touch with the Boston sports scene is through Boston.com, but it's getting very difficult to do these days. The quality of commentary is at an all time low, and it seems like trolls are taking over.  
    I've just about given up on posting here !!

Hetchinspete

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]last 365 days (82 games). Explain this............. Further evidence of softy's lack of logic and reading comprehension. The last 365 days: 82 games it what it says it is. It should need no further explanation, but for the reason-challenged... Here's a hint: how many games has Jed played in MLB the last 365 calendar days? It begins with an 8 and ends with a 2.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Some times the most simple answer is the answer to a riddle. You often amaze me with your witt! Thanks for making me smile!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox : Roy, I've found the best thing to do is to put a block on the trolls/bashers etc, but even that is not enough sometimes. I won't get into politics on this forum, but was pretty upset and dismayed to see on the Pats forum about 89 comments about Bin Ladin's death, and of course out came the conspiracy theorists, etc. I wish people on this board would stick to the subjects of sports in our time. It's either that or posters continually trash each other or the board becomes a good old network with people commenting on each others comments with no relation to any sports subject. After living most of my life in Boston and moving to Milwaukee in 2004 the only way I can keep in touch with the Boston sports scene is through Boston.com, but it's getting very difficult to do these days. The quality of commentary is at an all time low, and it seems like trolls are taking over.   I've just about given up on posting here !! Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Hetch,
      If you give up, then they win and try to knock off the next good poster. I stopped posting for a while because I could not stand people ripping my Sox. Im not talking about people I disagree with (they know who they are), im talking about the same ones you are that only come to rip players and other posters because it gives them some type of power thrill. I decided again to post only to those respectful to the game and our players. I quote from the great Jim Valvano "Dont give up, dont ever give up"!
    Be safe and hang in there!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

After living most of my life in Boston and moving to Milwaukee in 2004 the only way I can keep in touch with the Boston sports scene is through Boston.com, but it's getting very difficult to do these days...

I lived in Milwaukee in the mid to late 60's and moved to Maine in 1970.

Stay in touch.

Try the "Realistic Thread".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Slav, since when does 82 games constitute "the last 365 days"?  I can't speak for Softlaw, but pop isn't power, it's homers. Lowrie certainly isn't showing a lot of pop, and he certainly has been a part time player for what amounts to two part-time partial seasons. Aside from Lowrie's terrible defense, only when he grinds for 145 games or more in a season will he prove he's more than his career averages. Gloating about Lowrie, the part-timer, is pretty pitiful. Let's revisit Lowrie during dog days.

Crawford, even at his career averages, will be a bust.

Ellsbury's numbers aren't impressive, and this thread should have been started back in April. 

Harness, you old coot, Ellsbury doesn't even come close to the longest current hitting streak.

Hahahahaha

Softy the fool is still here cowardly pretending to be someone else. What a loser. He ruined a once great forum and was banned repeatedly and now he is so insecure, lonely and pathetic to slink back here and hate on Red Sox players again.

Good job!

Championship human being there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Longest streak in the majors today is held by .... Ellsbury.