Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox

In the first 26 days of the season, Jacoby Ellsbury posted a .221/.294/.429 line.

Neither my sample nor your sample is particularly revealing because of their small sizes. And neither sample accounts for Ellsbury's defensive play.

Ellsbury is a career .291/.344/.410 hitter while in this season's small sample Ellsbury is a .291/.345/.463 hitter.

Hill, I think that covers it. The Bellsbury band always talks big when he's hot. As for Crisp, I called the time and agreed he should be traded. That said, he wasn't popular because the fanbase doesn't identify with him for obvious reasons. As for spending time on the DL, no one holds a candle to the year long DL fiasco of Bellsbury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Yaz's other two halves just showed up in my computer, now i have 3 halves that cannot get along!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From WEEI.com:

In the 111-year history of the Red Sox, Ellsbury is just the fifth Red Sox player to reel off three hitting streaks of at least 18 games. He joins:

Nomar Garciaparra (4 streaks of 18-plus)
    Dom DiMaggio (3)
    Wade Boggs (3)
    Johnny Damon (3)

During the stretch, Ellsbury is hitting .367 with a .405 OBP, .494 slugging mark, .898 OPS and 14 runs. He has also stolen seven bases (while being caught three times) during the run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Why does a player have to excel on both sides of the ball in order to aviod being trashed here?

My eyes tell me that Ells is a better-than-average CF and that he can run.  My eyes and the numbers tell me that the guy can hit.  My experience tells me that Ells can make things happen when he gets on base.  (I don't think he tries to steal 3rd enough, but that's another story).

Ells is a definite asset to the team, so why all the disparaging comments about his alleged weak defense?  He's not the second coming of Mickey Mantle, but who is??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

MLB CF

Jacoby

OPS 5th
    BA  3rd
    Dbls tied 1st
    XBH tied 5th

NTB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

OUCH MOJ, thats some serious lumber carriers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Is it just me, or does it seem like the hitters up after Jacoby never seem to make his SBs worthwhile.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Ellsbury continues to be very bad in CF. Crawford and Ellsbury watching that Granderson short of the wall ball, then butchering it. Drew and Cameron should both give them lessons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like "jitterbug jake" is turning into a key player for the Sox:
    [QUOTE]Is it just me, or does it seem like the hitters up after Jacoby never seem to make his SBs worthwhile.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]They will. You know that Youk isn't going to hit .239 all year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Another two RBI vs. the Yanks. Just sayin...