Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that?

Mitch Williams was on WEEL this morning. Said lester has just lost his way, but will come back. (said the same of Bard) Thinks he's using his cutter to much, those are the pitches getting hit and hard, should just stick to the fastball. Also said Beckett still has his stuff, just needs to go back to pitching with fire

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

dandy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that?:
    [QUOTE]This is according to Gordon Edes.... http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8198955/source-boston-red-sox-trade-struggling-jon-lester
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with keeping Lester.
    He and Beckett have very little trade value, as it is.

Virtually everone agreed that Youk had to go, but now ther's a lot of whining about what the sox got in return.

Be prepared for the same return, if the Sox trade either of them.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Cliff Lee had a really bad year in 2007.  He was just horrible.  But he had a great 2008.  It can happen with pitchers.  Lester is having a bad year.  I'm glad he's sticking around, and I hope he gets his head clear. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I still think Lester can turn it around. His problems are largely due to location. Velocity is important , but so is location. Have to pitch to both sides of the plate, never down the middle.  He has done it before , is still young , should be able to do it again.  However , he may never be the " great " pitcher that we had hoped he would be. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Fine.  It would be madness to sell low on a guy that's been so good for so long and is still only 28....how anyone could suggest that is beyond me.

That said, the guy is/was a prime asset (as is/was Bard) and something is not being addressed, or addressed properly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Lester also doesn't make a ton of cash.  He has been very successful up until this season.

I think it makes sense to keep him around unless someone blows you away with an offer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that?:
    [QUOTE] I won't be happy  !!!!   Shake up that ROSTER !!!!    Now GRASSHOPPER !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Of course not....you want to sell low.  Perhaps that's why you got sacked from your multi-million dollar job as a commodoties trader?

Do you have any view on Lester's performance other than your usual platitudes and folksy nonsense?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It would be silly to trade Lester right now, you would get next to nothing for him. He's a proven pitcher having a bad season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Cliff Lee had a really bad year in 2007.  He was just horrible.  But he had a great 2008.  It can happen with pitchers.  Lester is having a bad year.  I'm glad he's sticking around, and I hope he gets his head clear. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Well said ... agree 100%

I am sorry, selllers, Jon's gonna come back and we will be glad we still have him.

SO many our fans here continually mention those who have left/been moved out and bemoan their absence....too early to give up on Lester.  Bewildering, yes.  Uncomfortable, yes.  But this guy is worth the investment of time and patoence. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

I like Lester and feel really bad for him. Imagine how he feels about himself.
    I'm sure Pedey was trying to pump him up the other night.
    A show of support from the fans would go along way so I am proposing nothing but positive tweets to his twitter page.
    How about it RSN?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

keeping lester is a no brainer...just like moving josh and lackey

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]I like Lester and feel really bad for him. Imagine how he feels about himself. I'm sure Pedey was trying to pump him up the other night. A show of support from the fans would go along way so I am proposing nothing but positive tweets to his twitter page. How about it RSN?
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

You have his twitter page? What is it?

Because, you know, I like your idea of positive tweets...not because I want to stalk a Sox player on the internet. 

All kidding aside, I'll send him positive tweets. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Wouldn't it be nice if all of the guys that collapsed last Aug & Sept came alive in those months this year and got us into a few game in Oct!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Ben should get on the horn with his counterpart at LAA and offer Lester for OF Peter Bourgeous and AA pitcher Ariel Pena. See if they bite. If they do, because they are pitching needy, you have made a great score.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 8/15/2010
    Last: 7/25/2012
                        Ben should get on the horn with his counterpart at LAA and offer Lester for OF Peter Bourgeous and AA pitcher Ariel Pena. See if they bite. If they do, because they are pitching needy, you have made a great score.

OK-- all the Red Sox need is another outfielder.  The only way they should consider trading Lester is to Texas for SS prospect Jurickson Profar.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Lester's mechanics are off.   We need a better pitching coach.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Yaso#7, We have a lot of pretend OF'ers. Only one  approaches this kids skill set, and it's not Ryan Kalish. The Wall might help this kid. Speed to burn. Top of the lineup hitter, good catch and throw skills. If Ells goes, this kid is about as good as it gets for replacement value on the cheap. I'm sure other clubs are after him. His money numbers make a lot of sense.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts