Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that?

In Response to Re: Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that?:
    Lester's mechanics are off.   We need a better pitching coach.  
    Posted by soxmeister

How do you know the coaches aren't telling him the right things. Have you ever taught anyone. You can be the best teacher in the world, teach someone exactly what they're supposed to do, but it's still up to the student to execute what's being taught.

It's funny too. Posters on this board have been YELLING, so to speak since last fall about accountability, but it's amazing how many give Lester excuses instead of making him be accountable.

All you hear is, "It's Beckett's fault ... It's the pitching coaches ..." etc.

No. No. NO!!!

Lester's a big boy. He's 28 and has had a lot of success in his short career. His struggles are no one's fault but his own. If Beckett is doing the wrong thing, and Lester's following him, that's Lester's fault. No one else's.

The same thing with this year. I'm sure that McClure has worked with him and shown him how his mechanics are off. Now it's up to Lester to fix it.

As for the title of the thread. THEY SHOULD NOT TRADE LESTER. He's 28 years old. When he gets it right, he's going to be dominant or at least be the 3.20 ERA to 3.47 ERA guy he's been for the past four years. I want him doing that for the Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that? : How do you know the coaches aren't telling him the right things. Have you ever taught anyone. You can be the best teacher in the world, teach someone exactly what they're supposed to do, but it's still up to the student to execute what's being taught. It's funny too. Posters on this board have been YELLING, so to speak since last fall about accountability, but it's amazing how many give Lester excuses instead of making him be accountable. All you hear is, "It's Beckett's fault ... It's the pitching coaches ..." etc. No. No. NO!!! Lester's a big boy. He's 28 and has had a lot of success in his short career. His struggles are no one's fault but his own. If Beckett is doing the wrong thing, and Lester's following him, that's Lester's fault. No one else's. The same thing with this year. I'm sure that McClure has worked with him and shown him how his mechanics are off. Now it's up to Lester to fix it. As for the title of the thread. THEY SHOULD NOT TRADE LESTER. He's 28 years old. When he gets it right, he's going to be dominant or at least be the 3.20 ERA to 3.47 ERA guy he's been for the past four years. I want him doing that for the Sox.
    Posted by royf19

roy is 100% correct....if all it took was some managerial tweaking, all pitchers would be light out....its on them to make their pitches and to mix it up wisely....not the coaches and not their catchers...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

In Response to Looks like Lester is staying, how do you feel about that?:

I think its great....would have been a mistake to trade him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Yaso#7, We have a lot of pretend OF'ers. Only one  approaches this kids skill set, and it's not Ryan Kalish. The Wall might help this kid. Speed to burn. Top of the lineup hitter, good catch and throw skills. If Ells goes, this kid is about as good as it gets for replacement value on the cheap. I'm sure other clubs are after him. His money numbers make a lot of sense.
    Posted by eggplants

He has a .616 OPS.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts