Looks LiKe We Are Currently in 7th Position in the draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Looks LiKe We Are Currently in 7th Position in the draft

I doubt Papi walks if hes offered that Moon...I also think they will either give him 2yrs or an option, either vesting or team/player..

You are probably right, but Papi seemed pretty upset about last year's nearly $15M offer. I think if he believes he can get more elsewhere, he may walk.

[/QUOTE]

Moon, 

It's highly unlikely anyone is going to give Ortiz anymore than 15mil the Red Sox may offer again, so I doubt he goes anywhere unless he feels so insulted by another low, offer if one can call these staggering amounts of cash low, he stay in Boston. Papi still shows he can play first base but at his age no one will pay him big bucks to play 1B so rule out the NL and who in the AL is going to pay Papi big bucks besides the RS for a one dimensional player. 

He'll be here this year !!

Hetch

I think Papi will be back too.

I want Papi back.

However, we only have to offer him about $12.5M/1, and he refuses to get the sandwich comp pick. I am not sure if someone would offer more, but perhaps they might, of they may offer him a 2 year deal that he may prfer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I am guessing that Baltimore would be mighty interested in Papi as a DH.  He would fit that lineup like a glove.

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt Papi walks if hes offered that Moon...I also think they will either give him 2yrs or an option, either vesting or team/player..

You are probably right, but Papi seemed pretty upset about last year's nearly $15M offer. I think if he believes he can get more elsewhere, he may walk.

[/QUOTE]

Moon, 

It's highly unlikely anyone is going to give Ortiz anymore than 15mil the Red Sox may offer again, so I doubt he goes anywhere unless he feels so insulted by another low, offer if one can call these staggering amounts of cash low, he stay in Boston. Papi still shows he can play first base but at his age no one will pay him big bucks to play 1B so rule out the NL and who in the AL is going to pay Papi big bucks besides the RS for a one dimensional player. 

He'll be here this year !!

Hetch

I think Papi will be back too.

I want Papi back.

However, we only have to offer him about $12.5M/1, and he refuses to get the sandwich comp pick. I am not sure if someone would offer more, but perhaps they might, of they may offer him a 2 year deal that he may prfer.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Baltimore is a good bet.

I could see TB making an offer, especially if they trade Shields. Papi could play 1B at NL parks and few in the AL too.

I'm sure there are more teams that might consider $13M/1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it's a shame the SOX aren't getting the 1st draft pick, because for the last couple of months they have been the worst team in baseball. they earned it.

[/QUOTE]

point!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

only 1 game behind miami

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

i hate seeing them lose, but the 6th pick would be even better than 7th. But I would be fine with 7th if we could cause the NYY to be the WC team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i hate seeing them lose, but the 6th pick would be even better than 7th. But I would be fine with 7th if we could cause the NYY to be the WC team

[/QUOTE]

we are tied with miami now.

whats the tiebreaker a coin toss?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

if we didnt have that flurry of wins when we brought up players,we would prob be 4th

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

6th pick now with a chance for # 5

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

6th pick now with a chance for # 5

[/QUOTE]

tied with miami, whats the tiebreak?

nah we have no shot at 5 as i look today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

there is no difference between 7th and 8th or 6th or 5th or 22nd in baseball draft.  unless you have a #1 like Bryce or Strasburg its a freaking crapshoot.  look where trout was drafted last year.

sigh....draft....sigh.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I may be wrong here but I think this is the case.  We have at least the 7th pick locked.  We lose the tie breaker with Miami (or win it,depending on how ou look at it)  if they win and or we lose.  Or if we both lose we get the sixth pick.  I believe we lose the tie breaker with Cleveland as well, so if we lose and they win.......we have the 5th pick.   Nice consolation prize for stinking.

If we win tonight we have a chance to play spoiler.  It's a win win if you ask me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

there is no difference between 7th and 8th or 6th or 5th or 22nd in baseball draft.  unless you have a #1 like Bryce or Strasburg its a freaking crapshoot.  look where trout was drafted last year.

sigh....draft....sigh...[/QUOTE]

True the draft is less predictable in baseball than any other sport....but if you look at the top ten draft picks from the last ten years....yeah it's a pretty impressive list.  Also I think inbaseball players had much more barganing power before the new collective bargaining agreement.  Players with high demands old old out longer.  With the new system I think you will see more of the top talent going first, making high draft picks more valuable.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

its done. we're 7th

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I thought it was 6th

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I got it mixed up we win the tie breaker with Miami.  We pick 7th.......my bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Losses:

1) Houston 107

2) Cubs       101

3) Colorado  98

4) Minnesota 96

5) Cleveland  94

6/7) Boston/Miami 93

When you say we "win the tiebreaker", do you mean we "win" by getting the worse pick of #6 or #7?

Do we get #6 or 7 of the second round?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

we get 7th because we won the season series with them...