Looks like.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

Looks like.......

The rays and the red flops are going to battle it out for the wild card while the Yanks walk away with the division.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Looks like.......

Babe, 3 months to go, let's not tempt the BB Gods....Sealed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Anybody remember the extremely obnoxious Yankees fan who was in an episode of Cheers?  Babe is that guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like.......:
    [QUOTE]Anybody remember the extremely obnoxious Yankees fan who was in an episode of Cheers?  Babe is that guy.

Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Nah, just wanted to show an example of how stupid the red flops nation in here can look at times with their mid season chest thumping....the 1000++ runs scored threads, the 110++ win threads, the Yanks are old and going to fade threads, etc.

I don't remember you calling out any members of the red flops nation for being obnoxious, but when a Yankee fan makes a silly boast you sure are quick on the draw. Funny how that works.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : Nah, just wanted to show an example of how stupid the red flops nation in here can look at times with their mid season chest thumping....the 1000++ runs scored threads, the 110++ win threads, the Yanks are old and going to fade threads, etc. I don't remember you calling out any members of the red flops nation for being obnoxious, but when a Yankee fan makes a silly boast you sure are quick on the draw. Funny how that works.
    Posted by The--Babe[/QUOTE]

So, you can be as simple-minded as some of the fans you whine about here?

Congrats. Mom must be so proud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

No kidding, Babe, you don't think your beloved Yanks will have another slump before the season is over. The AL East is the toughest division in baseball. I'm not mad about the Sox losing to Cliff Lee since he has a 0.21 ERA for the month of June. Philadelphia has the best pitching staff in baseball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : Nah, just wanted to show an example of how stupid the red flops nation in here can look at times with their mid season chest thumping....the 1000++ runs scored threads, the 110++ win threads, the Yanks are old and going to fade threads, etc. I don't remember you calling out any members of the red flops nation for being obnoxious, but when a Yankee fan makes a silly boast you sure are quick on the draw. Funny how that works.

This just shows how some Yankee fans, notably you, can't remember spit.  Every single time a Sox fan on this site started boasting that it was all over but the shouting, many of us commented that it was way too early.  And, as for this current drought, I started a thread last week saying it was going to be a tough road trip because of no DH, Crawford and Buchholz on the DL, etc. 

I know plenty of Yankee fans and always enjoy talking to them because I know almost as much about the Yankees as I do about the Sox.  You, on the other hand, regularly go out of your way to be obnoxious and to demonstrate a very selective memory. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : This just shows how some Yankee fans, notably you, can't remember spit.  Every single time a Sox fan on this site started boasting that it was all over but the shouting, many of us commented that it was way too early.  And, as for this current drought, I started a thread last week saying it was going to be a tough road trip because of no DH, Crawford and Buchholz on the DL, etc.  I know plenty of Yankee fans and always enjoy talking to them because I know almost as much about the Yankees as I do about the Sox.  You, on the other hand, regularly go out of your way to be obnoxious and to demonstrate a very selective memory. 

Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be starting another thread about agone in right field?

And we all know about your thread from last week. After all you started another thread patting yourself on the back about it. Talk about obnoxious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Congratulations babe, you once again prove you can be as obnoxious as those you find obnoxious.

We all don't ride the greatest team since sliced bread, when the sox are winning, they stink, fire everybody, when they are losing, roller coaster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

you must be forgetting this is a red sox board.  people are supposed to post excited threads about the red sox.  or maybe you didn't know and just thought this was another place you could go to annoy people?  i seriously cannot imagine how empty i'd feel if i spent my day posting anti yankee sentiment on a yankee board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]you must be forgetting this is a red sox board.  people are supposed to post excited threads about the red sox.  or maybe you didn't know and just thought this was another place you could go to annoy people?  i seriously cannot imagine how empty i'd feel if i spent my day posting anti yankee sentiment on a yankee board.

Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

It's one thing to post excited threads, it's another thing to say they are gonna give the '27 Yanks a run for their money coming out of spring training.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : It's one thing to post excited threads, it's another thing to say they are gonna give the '27 Yanks a run for their money coming out of spring training.

yeah, that's what happened.  as the closer on my summer team would say, "Suck nuts."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody remember the extremely obnoxious Yankees fan who was in an episode of Cheers?  Babe is that guy.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    And we're all going to fight it out to be Carla and bang his head on the bar rail!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : It's one thing to post excited threads, it's another thing to say they are gonna give the '27 Yanks a run for their money coming out of spring training.

Except, of course, that nobody actually said that.  That selective memory again--you remember stuff that didn't happen. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : Except, of course, that nobody actually said that.  That selective memory again--you remember stuff that didn't happen. 

Why let facts get in the way of a good story?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

The Skankees aren't walking away with anything.  They are not that good.  When Sox get done with inter-league and get some guys back and cut some bad guys, they will win division by 7 games or more.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Looks like ... The Yankees missed out on a pretty good free agent pitcher last winter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : Except, of course, that nobody actually said that.  That selective memory again--you remember stuff that didn't happen. 

LOL...talk about selective memory!!

So you don't remember the threads about 1000++ runs? 110++ wins? Greatest team of all time?

You truly are living in denial if you claim you didn't see these boasts on these boards by the likes of spc and friends.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like ... The Yankees missed out on a pretty good free agent pitcher last winter.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    Excellent new avatar, mrmojo. My second-favorite Stones album (behind Beggar's Banquet).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : LOL...talk about selective memory!! So you don't remember the threads about 1000++ runs? 110++ wins? Greatest team of all time? You truly are living in denial if you claim you didn't see these boasts on these boards by the likes of spc and friends.

Show us apost where someone compared the 2011 Sox to the '27 Yankees.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

All of the sports anlysts, writers, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, the list goes on and on.
    Even many of the Yankee reporters agreed that the Sox are the team to beat in the AL.

Every single one of them, I am sure hundreds in all, are wrong.  The Sox aren't the best team, but the Yankees are.

Do you see how absurd you Yankee fans sound?  The Yankees aren't a bad team, and the Sox have a few injuries waiting to heal.  But, when both teams are fully healthy and at their peak, it is ridiculous to say the Yankees have better team.  

Virtually nobody in the sports world, including many of your hometown writers, felt that Yankees were better.

But, I understand you guys making your statements.  Enjoyng things while you can.  For deep down inside, although maybe too proud (or just plain too stupid) to admit it, the Sox have the better team.  Hundreds of professional and "unbiased" baseball people aren't going to be wrong to the few idiotic Yankee posters that here are on these boards. 

So, enjoy it while it lasts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : yeah, that's what happened.  as the closer on my summer team would say, "Suck nuts."
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

golly jake, that closer must have been wicked cool!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

How can two opposite predictions be equally stupid?  Is a three-way tie the only smart prediction in your book?

If you believe the Yankees will win the division, support and defend your position.  

I stand by my position - the Yankees starting pitching has been better than it should be, and will correct itself by the end of the year.  Despite a very good offense, and possibly the third best team in the AL, they will miss out on the playoffs due to the strength of the rotations of the Sox and Rays.  Barring major roster changes due to trade or injury, this is my position and has been since before the start of the season.  Garcia & Colon are your 2 and 3?  Come on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : Show us apost where someone compared the 2011 Sox to the '27 Yankees.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

geez, nizwit, I'm not going to look them up, I'm sure you have nothing else to do. But for anyone to claim that they weren't posted is an out and out lie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : golly jake, that closer must have been wicked cool!
    Posted by johnnyboy9[/QUOTE]

yeah, he still is.  but does it really matter what patronizing anonymous dweebs on the internet think when your slider makes people soil themselves?

Sections
Shortcuts