Looks like.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Re: Looks like.......

In Response to Re: Looks like.......:
    In Response to Re: Looks like....... : So your position is that for the remainder of the season, Garcia is more likely to pitch like he has in the past 85 innings than he has in the previous 2000.  Pitching in the AL East in a hitters park, he will have his best season in a decade, and will stay injury-free for only the second time in five years.  
    Posted by slomag

i am saying that he will pitch the same as he did the first half, barring injury. predicting whether or not injuries will occur is a fools errand. why does a 20 something show up with a dead arm in april? why does a 20 something need season ending surgery after looking great for 2 months? i am not looking for an answer. you never know who will break down and who won't. look at bucholtz. age does not matter. no one is safe from it. i am talking performance this year. i'll take freddie and colon and nova. you take your 3 to 5 for the regular season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : I don't hope these things - there's nothing better than a Red Sox vs Yankees playoff series. You're right - if Colon and Garcia stay healthy and out-pitch Lester & Buchholz, then they will win the division.  And the monkey flying out of my butt can start game 4 of the ALCS.
    Posted by slomag

when did colon or garcia become the #2 starter?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

ok; let me ask a question.

on this SOX board there are a few yank-em fans and some are worse than others. here's my question:
    what is worse? an obnoxious yank-em fan like babe or a condescending yank-em fan like jete?

i can understand babe coming here to make enemies with the sox fans, that's human nature. what i can't understand is why jete comes here to make friends
    with sox fans; that, to me, isn't natural.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : I agree with you, when the NYY are in a slump the socks fans become obnoxious.
    Posted by greatestNYY

http://youtu.be/oEWn0EyGDFs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : i am saying that he will pitch the same as he did the first half, barring injury. predicting whether or not injuries will occur is a fools errand. why does a 20 something show up with a dead arm in april? why does a 20 something need season ending surgery after looking great for 2 months? i am not looking for an answer. you never know who will break down and who won't. look at bucholtz. age does not matter. no one is safe from it. i am talking performance this year. i'll take freddie and colon and nova. you take your 3 to 5 for the regular season.
    Posted by johnnyboy9

When a pitcher pitches 2000+ innings, you know what he is all about.  Garcia is on a good roll, but 85 innings is a blip on the radar.  It's possible he keeps it up all year, but unlikely.  You always see players who excel for half the year, but return to form the second half.  Last year it was Hughes and Pettitte, this year it's Colon and Garcia.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : when did colon or garcia become the #2 starter?
    Posted by johnnyboy9

You're penciling them in for 180 innings and an ERA under 3.5 but you don't consider them your 2 & 3?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : When a pitcher pitches 2000+ innings, you know what he is all about.  Garcia is on a good roll, but 85 innings is a blip on the radar.  It's possible he keeps it up all year, but unlikely.  You always see players who excel for half the year, but return to form the second half.  Last year it was Hughes and Pettitte, this year it's Colon and Garcia.

Posted by slomag

You keep telling yourself that, meanwhile, back at the ranch, we can see inepstein and francoma in full panic mode, putting agone in the OF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : You keep telling yourself that, meanwhile, back at the ranch, we can see inepstein and francoma in full panic mode, putting agone in the OF.
    Posted by The--Babe

I take it by changing the subject, you are conceding the argument.  I accept your apology.  

Is this the first time a poster has hi-jacked his own thread?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : I take it by changing the subject, you are conceding the argument.  I accept your apology.   Is this the first time a poster has hi-jacked his own thread?

Posted by slomag

LOL...I don't see how it's changing the subject. My op pointed out that the Yanks were surging and the red flops are struggling. And now to confirm that the red flops are floundering we see management going into panic mode.

Again, I know reading comprehension is not your forte, but this should have been easy to follow even for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : How can two opposite predictions be equally stupid?  Is a three-way tie the only smart prediction in your book? If you believe the Yankees will win the division, support and defend your position.   I stand by my position - the Yankees starting pitching has been better than it should be, and will correct itself by the end of the year.  Despite a very good offense, and possibly the third best team in the AL, they will miss out on the playoffs due to the strength of the rotations of the Sox and Rays.  Barring major roster changes due to trade or injury, this is my position and has been since before the start of the season.  Garcia & Colon are your 2 and 3?  Come on.
    Posted by slomag

I don't think its important to label starters 1 through 5 on each team, as the pecking order often changes through out the season. Firstly, its hard to talk about pitching without talking about relief pitching as well; especially when at least two of the Sox starts generally do not go too deep into games. So in that case even with their injuries, I like the yankees bullpen quite a bit more than the Sox'. As for the starters, in  its current iteration; Lackey is not as good as any starter in the Yankee roatation; and no one really knows who the Sox fifth starter is ... Miller or Wakefield. If it's Miller, I don't know how you could have a discussion about someone who has pitched 11 and 2/3 innings this year with a career ERA over 5.50, and if its Wakefield; again I don't think he compares with any of the Yankees starting five. That leaves your top three; are Beckett, Lester and Bucholz better than the Yankees three best pitchers. I would have to certainly say "Yes". But its not a three man rotation; its a five man rotation, plus you need a bullpen. So this whole discussion about Garcia and Colon coming down to earth is hypothetically silly; if at the same time you're asking us to assume that Lackey, Wakefield, Miller et. al will get better. If we are going to assume that over performers will have to come back down to earth; I think we have to wonder if Agon won't slow down a bit and wether Ortiz is going to continue to hit like he's 32 instead of going on 36. The laws of gravity apply to both teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

They don't hand out trophies for being the AL East leader at the All Star break either...---mrmojo1120
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    True enough, nor do they hand them out in spring training when the coronation of the Sox was taking place here despite the real problems that are showing themselves now.

As for Colon and Garcia, give credit where it's due to two veterans who know how to pitch. Smart signings, good results so far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

They don't hand out trophies for being the AL East leader at the All Star break either...---mrmojo1120 ---------------------------------------------------------- True enough, nor do they hand them out in spring training when the coronation of the Sox was taking place here despite the real problems that are showing themselves now. As for Colon and Garcia, give credit where it's due to two veterans who know how to pitch. Smart signings, good results so far.
    Posted by mfymfy

Well put!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

They don't hand out trophies for being the AL East leader at the All Star break either...---mrmojo1120 ---------------------------------------------------------- True enough, nor do they hand them out in spring training when the coronation of the Sox was taking place here despite the real problems that are showing themselves now.
    Posted by mfymfy

I've been following this forum for awhile and in my opinion there was no coronation.  Granted people were excited about the acquisitions, but it was a very small minority getting carried away with talk of 100+ wins and stuff like that.  Most of the people here are smarter than to do that in the preseason.  Some people, like Moonslav, hated the Crawford signing and pointed out our potential problems against LH pitching etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Moonslav also pointed out how Ortiz needed to sit v. LHP. Also, don't sleep on the Rays. That's a heck of a baseball team, down there. Wakefield might play there, if Theo foolishly doesn't give Wakefield an extension.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : I don't think its important to label starters 1 through 5 on each team, as the pecking order often changes through out the season. Firstly, its hard to talk about pitching without talking about relief pitching as well; especially when at least two of the Sox starts generally do not go too deep into games. So in that case even with their injuries, I like the yankees bullpen quite a bit more than the Sox'. As for the starters, in  its current iteration; Lackey is not as good as any starter in the Yankee roatation; and no one really knows who the Sox fifth starter is ... Miller or Wakefield. If it's Miller, I don't know how you could have a discussion about someone who has pitched 11 and 2/3 innings this year with a career ERA over 5.50, and if its Wakefield; again I don't think he compares with any of the Yankees starting five. That leaves your top three; are Beckett, Lester and Bucholz better than the Yankees three best pitchers. I would have to certainly say "Yes". But its not a three man rotation; its a five man rotation, plus you need a bullpen. So this whole discussion about Garcia and Colon coming down to earth is hypothetically silly; if at the same time you're asking us to assume that Lackey, Wakefield, Miller et. al will get better. If we are going to assume that over performers will have to come back down to earth; I think we have to wonder if Agon won't slow down a bit and wether Ortiz is going to continue to hit like he's 32 instead of going on 36. The laws of gravity apply to both teams.
    Posted by pri360

==================================================
       There we were,just minding our own business giving that idiot "babe" his usual b*&%# slap that he earns so well day after day.Then you come along with an intelligent insightful synopsis and ruin everything.Thanks alot. I think that I pulled my Frontal Lobe.I certainly hope that your happy.Now I have to ice it down with a nice cold Bud Light (or six) and hope that i`m ready for tomorrows board.Thanks alot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : ==================================================    There we were,just minding our own business giving that idiot "babe" his usual b*&%# slap that he earns so well day after day.Then you come along with an intelligent insightful synopsis and ruin everything.Thanks alot. I think that I pulled my Frontal Lobe.I certainly hope that your happy.Now I have to ice it down with a nice cold Bud Light (or six) and hope that i`m ready for tomorrows board.Thanks alot.
    Posted by djbosox2004
    you've get every right to be upset; I should've stuck with payroll and steroids. tomorrow will be a better day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : You're penciling them in for 180 innings and an ERA under 3.5 but you don't consider them your 2 & 3?  
    Posted by slomag

they are 3 and 4. if the playoffs started next week, it would be cc and then aj, regardless of who they were playing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : When a pitcher pitches 2000+ innings, you know what he is all about.  Garcia is on a good roll, but 85 innings is a blip on the radar.  It's possible he keeps it up all year, but unlikely.  You always see players who excel for half the year, but return to form the second half.  Last year it was Hughes and Pettitte, this year it's Colon and Garcia.
    Posted by slomag

slo, i can certainly see what you are hoping for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ok; let me ask a question. on this SOX board there are a few yank-em fans and some are worse than others. here's my question: what is worse? an obnoxious yank-em fan like babe or a condescending yank-em fan like jete? i can understand babe coming here to make enemies with the sox fans, that's human nature. what i can't understand is why jete comes here to make friends with sox fans; that, to me, isn't natural.
    Posted by thee-yazzer
    oh the irony...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

do you really pin your hopes on Colon and Garcia?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ok; let me ask a question. on this SOX board there are a few yank-em fans and some are worse than others. here's my question: what is worse? an obnoxious yank-em fan like babe or a condescending yank-em fan like jete? i can understand babe coming here to make enemies with the sox fans, that's human nature. what i can't understand is why jete comes here to make friends with sox fans; that, to me, isn't natural.
    Posted by thee-yazzer

sorry chum but I totally disagree with you about jete. the guy is a class act and has never had a nasty or sarcastic word to say to any sox fans. as a matter of fact he has actually confronted some of the more obnoxious yankee fans and basically asked them to cool it. Plus, jetes my friend and we have a mutual respect for one and other that goes far beyond our mutual baseball teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

"i can understand babe coming here to make enemies with the sox fans, that's human nature. what i can't understand is why jete comes here to make friends
    with sox fans; that, to me, isn't natural."

I don't find this so hard to understand at all.  After just so many posts one begins to figure out that postings are a reflection of the person posting. 

Babe is basically an unhappy, friendless person and he knows it.  He delights in reinforcing that by coming here to make even more enemies so he can feel even more friendless and persecuted.   He can't help it - it's what he does.  Lucy VanPelt would take all of his assets, 5c at a time.  Smile

Jete, OTOH, is a respectful, decent enough guy who happens to be a Yankee fan and realizes that there's always room for differing opinions on any topic.  I'd buy him a beer anytime and we could have a civil discussion over it on any number of topics, Sox vs Yankees included.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : sorry chum but I totally disagree with you about jete. the guy is a class act and has never had a nasty or sarcastic word to say to any sox fans. as a matter of fact he has actually confronted some of the more obnoxious yankee fans and basically asked them to cool it. Plus, jetes my friend and we have a mutual respect for one and other that goes far beyond our mutual baseball teams.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

======================================================
     Yeah, I agree with you there. There are a few"baseball" fans that come to talk baseball.(I guess that they can`t help it if they were raised on the wrong side of the tracks.I.E. Yankee fans..lol j/k)I certainly have no problem with the ones that are respectful and realize that this is a Red Sox board NOT a Yankee board.And I do like reading thier points of view. Unfotunaltly you get some JO`s that come here just to antagonize. Losers that have no life,yeah Babe,you know who i`m talking about. 
      Heck, if I stopped talking to Yankee, fans I would lose half of my friends.lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like....... : oh the irony...  
    Posted by jete02fan

jete, you are many things, mostly positive other than your love of pinstripes, but condescending is not a characteristic I would ever apply to you.  This Yazzer is something else.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts