Looks like.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Re: Looks like.......

In Response to Re: Looks like.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : How can two opposite predictions be equally stupid?  Is a three-way tie the only smart prediction in your book? If you believe the Yankees will win the division, support and defend your position.   I stand by my position - the Yankees starting pitching has been better than it should be, and will correct itself by the end of the year.  Despite a very good offense, and possibly the third best team in the AL, they will miss out on the playoffs due to the strength of the rotations of the Sox and Rays.  Barring major roster changes due to trade or injury, this is my position and has been since before the start of the season.  Garcia & Colon are your 2 and 3?  Come on.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

better minds than ours suggest that you are what your record says you are. half way through, they are what they are. dogfight to the end. wishing and praying and insisting that freddie and colon are going to do a spectacular crash and burn is silly. if they stay healty, they will win 30 between them. they can still pitch. "If" is not important here. it is halfway through the season and they are both getting ready to pitch their next start in less than a week. just like beckett and lester. keep wishing for their demise, but as a tool for debate, it is weak. their records have more integrity than what you hope happens to them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : How can two opposite predictions be equally stupid?  Is a three-way tie the only smart prediction in your book? If you believe the Yankees will win the division, support and defend your position.   I stand by my position - the Yankees starting pitching has been better than it should be, and will correct itself by the end of the year.  Despite a very good offense, and possibly the third best team in the AL, they will miss out on the playoffs due to the strength of the rotations of the Sox and Rays.  Barring major roster changes due to trade or injury, this is my position and has been since before the start of the season.  Garcia & Colon are your 2 and 3?  Come on.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

No, you hope these things. The fact remains that the Yanks rotation is putting up better numbers than the red flops, whether that changes or not remains to be seen. Until then the facts are the facts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]All of the sports anlysts, writers, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, the list goes on and on. Even many of the Yankee reporters agreed that the Sox are the team to beat in the AL. Every single one of them, I am sure hundreds in all, are wrong.  The Sox aren't the best team, but the Yankees are. Do you see how absurd you Yankee fans sound?  The Yankees aren't a bad team, and the Sox have a few injuries waiting to heal.  But, when both teams are fully healthy and at their peak, it is ridiculous to say the Yankees have better team.   Virtually nobody in the sports world, including many of your hometown writers, felt that Yankees were better. But, I understand you guys making your statements.  Enjoyng things while you can.  For deep down inside, although maybe too proud (or just plain too stupid) to admit it, the Sox have the better team.  Hundreds of professional and "unbiased" baseball people aren't going to be wrong to the few idiotic Yankee posters that here are on these boards.  So, enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted by sjddaj[/QUOTE]

The Yanks have more players on the DL than the sawx, so they should get better as players heal as well.

And just because your so called "professional and unbiased" people picked the red flops to be better doesn't mean they are better.

How many of those "professional and unbiased" baseball people picked the giants to win it all last year? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

God, I'll be so glad when summer vacation is over and middle school starts up again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Hey, my brother, can I borrow a copy of your Hey Soul Classics?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : geez, nizwit, I'm not going to look them up, I'm sure you have nothing else to do. But for anyone to claim that they weren't posted is an out and out lie.
    Posted by The--Babe[/QUOTE]

So, you're not only a blowhard, but you're a lazy blowhard.
    You made the first claim. Back it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : So, you're not only a blowhard, but you're a lazy blowhard. You made the first claim. Back it up.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

I don't have to back anything up. Many posters in here know the exact threads I'm talking about. Just because you want to deny their existence doesn't mean jack. Most of the threads from spring training that contained these predictions are not even here any more. But if it makes you feel better you can continue to live in denial.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : Except, of course, that nobody actually said that.  That selective memory again--you remember stuff that didn't happen. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/2011-red-sox-will-challenge-1927-yankees-for-title-of-greatest-team-in-major-league-history.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : I don't have to back anything up. Many posters in here know the exact threads I'm talking about. Just because you want to deny their existence doesn't mean jack. Most of the threads from spring training that contained these predictions are not even here any more. But if it makes you feel better you can continue to live in denial.

Babe, the Great Arbiter of Truth. What a joke...

(Ask an adult what "arbiter" means.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Just curious,if the Yankees are better than the Red Sox,why are they 1-8 against them so far this year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

"sigh" just another wonderfully entertaining day of Babe in Soxland. Hey, that could be the title of a pretty good book. do some research and get some of the more totally off the freaking wall quotes and responses and off to a publisher it goes.

so right now were in a slide and yet are only a game and a half behind the current 1st place team. if there is any fan out there that honestly believes that the red sox are not going to rebound and go on a hugh run, well, I bridge for sale in brooklyn that I'll sell you real cheap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

[QUOTE]Just curious,if the Yankees are better than the Red Sox,why are they 1-8 against them so far this year?
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

very weak, mo. they don't hand out trophy's for that kind of thing. look at the AL east standings if you like comparisons at midpoint

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : Excellent new avatar, mrmojo. My second-favorite Stones album (behind Beggar's Banquet).
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lloyd.This is actually my favorite Stones album.Although I'm not into country music,I kind of like the country music feel of the "Let it bleed" album. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : I agree with you, when the NYY are in a slump the socks fans become obnoxious.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

right! but the thing that both of you fail to realize is that this is A RED SOX BOARD! We can discuss and post what ever the hell we want to because this is our board. I think that you both must surely know that there is not a single red sox fan in here that purposely goes to a Yankee Fan Board and spews the type of crapp that you guys do. I know I sure as hell don't. I wouldn't be caught dead posting on a NYY message board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : very weak, mo. they don't hand out trophy's for that kind of thing. look at the AL east standings if you like comparisons at midpoint
    Posted by johnnyboy9[/QUOTE]

They don't hand out trophies for being the AL East leader at the All Star break either.I'm not worried about "midpoint",I'm more concerned with the end of the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, my brother, can I borrow a copy of your Hey Soul Classics?
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]
    No my brother, you have to go buy your own!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : I agree with you, when the NYY are in a slump the socks fans become obnoxious.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

And some "fans" disappear from this board when the Yankees are in a slump.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : They don't hand out trophies for being the AL East leader at the All Star break either.I'm not worried about "midpoint",I'm more concerned with the end of the season.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    my mistake, i just thought you were looking for more worthless statistics. stats really go out the window on labor day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : better minds than ours suggest that you are what your record says you are. half way through, they are what they are. dogfight to the end. wishing and praying and insisting that freddie and colon are going to do a spectacular crash and burn is silly. if they stay healty, they will win 30 between them. they can still pitch. "If" is not important here. it is halfway through the season and they are both getting ready to pitch their next start in less than a week. just like beckett and lester. keep wishing for their demise, but as a tool for debate, it is weak. their records have more integrity than what you hope happens to them.
    Posted by johnnyboy9[/QUOTE]

So your position is that for the remainder of the season, Garcia is more likely to pitch like he has in the past 85 innings than he has in the previous 2000.  Pitching in the AL East in a hitters park, he will have his best season in a decade, and will stay injury-free for only the second time in five years.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like....... : No, you hope these things. The fact remains that the Yanks rotation is putting up better numbers than the red flops, whether that changes or not remains to be seen. Until then the facts are the facts.

I don't hope these things - there's nothing better than a Red Sox vs Yankees playoff series.

You're right - if Colon and Garcia stay healthy and out-pitch Lester & Buchholz, then they will win the division.  And the monkey flying out of my butt can start game 4 of the ALCS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

as long as that monkey has a cutter like mo and a fast ball like danny bard!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yesgeo. Show yesgeo's posts

WHO is this SKANKY BABE clown  ???

Does he forget that the skankees are the ones who have poluted baseball into a money grubbing sport...  the skankees are the ones who have bought ALL of their world series  and show just how UGLY they are as Americans...

There is nothing traditional about yankees  ...  they just buy up teams to win..   this is not sporting ,   it is treason to the sport..

This clown needs to go back to his toilett in new york and smell their....xxx  online..

Nothing good ever came from new york...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yankees look awesome.  Really awesome.   Just not against the Sox.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Looks like your opinions are straight out of middle school. Reaching puberty must be tough on you.

Sections
Shortcuts