Looks to me like Vasquez might be a big improvement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Looks to me like Vasquez might be a big improvement

Has reputation for his defensive abilities; can he hit .250 in the bigs? What's to lose by finding out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Looks to me like Vasquez might be a big improvement

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has reputation for his defensive abilities; can he hit .250 in the bigs? What's to lose by finding out?

[/QUOTE]

agree... Sox have nothing to lose at this point. JBJ and Boggy have failed to help any ,so whats a few more superstars on the farm giving it a try.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter; nobody else on the SOX can either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agree... Sox have nothing to lose at this point. JBJ and Boggy have failed to help any ,so whats a few more superstars on the farm giving it a try.

[/QUOTE]

Vasquez is a superstar????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On this year's version of the SOX, Bob Montgomery would have been a superstar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Yes bring up mini Yadier Molina 2.0 asap! We already have mini Trout smacking homeruns.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Bob Montgomery could hit. Check out his Minor league stats sometime. He has a kid named Fisk in front of him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, but wouldn't you rather find out? What are the Sox geting out of AJ and Ross. 

The only person who I might rather see instead of Vasquez is Swihart, but he's 6-12 months behind. He's tearing it up in Portland.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

AJ will be traded if Sox fall out of contention and it's not the right timing to trade AJ right now.  I'm pretty sure they want to bring up Vazquez any moment but AJ will have more value as it nears trade deadline.  If Sox somehow turn it around and still have chance to contend, Sox will not trade AJ.  In that case, Vazquez will have to settle for just Sept. call up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, but wouldn't you rather find out? What are the Sox geting out of AJ and Ross. 

The only person who I might rather see instead of Vasquez is Swihart, but he's 6-12 months behind. He's tearing it up in Portland.

[/QUOTE]

hmmmm, fair enough.  I can comply.  I think Vasquez would have a chance of holding his own at the plate and he might even surprise us....but he would easily without a doubt be a huge defensive upgrade.  I like Swihart too. Drafted for his bat, and he is showing he might be a plus defender as well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bob Montgomery could hit. Check out his Minor league stats sometime. He has a kid named Fisk in front of him.

[/QUOTE]

That's why Montgomery would be a star on this pathetic team. I thought I already said that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Vasquez is looking good with the bat.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vasquez is looking good with the bat.

[/QUOTE]

He's looking very, at the plate and behind the plate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I have little doubt he's an improvement...his defense and the effect he'll have on the pitching staff is a game-changer from everything I'm hearing (Lackey was raving about him after last night's game), and he can't hit much worse than Pierzynski (.633 OPS).

Replacing crappy veterans with raw but talented youth may actually win us more games going forward, contrary to the belief that the team is tanking or giving up after the AJP move.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Lavarnway has been demoted to "the next Jeff Bailey."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

How long until Vasquez goes on a little slump and everyone starts bashing him in here for not being ready, and will never be able to hit????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

How long until Vasquez goes on a little slump and everyone starts bashing him in here for not being ready, and will never be able to hit????

[/QUOTE]

I give the over & under at 3-7 days.

Three days before he goes into a "slump" and seven before he starts getting bashed.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I give the over & under at 3-7 days.

Three days before he goes into a "slump" and seven before he starts getting bashed.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A 70 year old arthritic Johnny Bench would be better than AJ was.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Mal:  "looks to me"?  Based on what, exactly?  His steady driving speed on I-95 on the way to Boston from Providence?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mal:  "looks to me"?  Based on what, exactly?  His steady driving speed on I-95 on the way to Boston from Providence?

[/QUOTE]

A Swihart/Vasquez combo is right around the corner and I can't wait. 

Sections
Shortcuts