Lost in all of this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SawxNYG. Show SawxNYG's posts

Lost in all of this...

The home plate umpiring last night was disgraceful.  Not going to blame the umps for the loss because Salty never should have made the throw and obstruction was the right call.  But the strike zone was all over the place last night, and the majority of the bad calls seemed to work against us.  If I remember correctly, it was Tazawa who had the same hitter struck out twice, yet both pitches, pitches that were consistently called strikes all night, were called balls.  Pitches 4 inches outside to left-handed hitters were consistently called strikes. 

I mean- it's the World Series, for God's sake.  I know the players and managers annually vote on the umps who do the best job behind the plate.  Can we just let those guys handle the ball/strike calls for something this important?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Lost in all of this...

I don't know if it made any difference, but he was really inconsistent on both sides.  I was complaining about probably the same pitch you mentioned, but he called a key strike right after that that I thought was low 2 inches.  But the ump looked pretty bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

that group of umpires are just clowns......its the world series and MLB cant do better than this? disgraceful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ump was pretty bad but not as bad as Middlebrooks in the field or Breslow on the mound.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

I agree, dude was awful. And I two thought most of the bad calls where going againt us, I believe the two pitches your refering to where from Felix doubront with two men on and 2 outs, two perfect pitches both called balls before he finally got david freeze to fly out. And there were a ton of other calls that were really bad, strike two to ells 8 inches off the plate for example. As far as the final play, the rule is poorly written and leaves no room for a situational play, for instance, middy tried to get out of the way but was trampled by craig who had the entire baseline at his disposal and middy who of course had no place to go was push down and then stepped over as he tried to get up, is that how a world series swing game should end? I think not. Joyce as we all know has a knack for stealing the show during important moments (see worst call ever made to ruin a perfect game) I do not believe you should be able punish a team for circumstances that unfold during a regular play, poorly written rule imho and no way to end that game, 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SawxNYG. Show SawxNYG's posts

When I started this thread, I said that I thought obstruction was the right call, based on seeing the play as it happened last night and also on the fact that Salty never should've thrown the ball in the first place.  However, after going back and watching it repeatedly, I'm starting to feel like we got screwed.  Craig clearly trips over himself as he gets up to run home and stumbles into Middlebrooks, who is not in the baseline.  The ump could've easily made no call and been justified in doing so.  Very frustrating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

It was horrible.  Doubrant had what should have been 2 called third strikes against Holliday and those same low strikes were called against Victorino (I believe) the next half inning.  Ellsbury had pitches 4 inches off the plate called strikes against him.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts