Love Workman, but the "W" ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Love Workman, but the "W" ???

He faces one batter, records one out, and gets the Win. It's like the 26 other outs count for nothing.

I wish we could come up with some other way of recording wins and losses, fractional or otherwise.

Anyone else got ideas on how it might be done?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Love Workman, but the

There's no perfect way to do it. 

But if starters have to go at least 5 innings to get a W relievers should probably have to pitch at least 1 inning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

What we have is not perfect but it has stood the test of time. Someone may come up with a better system.

My area of concern is inherited runners scoring. Last night the Yankee reliever, Claiborne, was the third pitcher of the inning--Kuroda, Cabral preceeded him. Kuroda was charged with a run, Cabral with a run and Claiborne 2 as a result of the Salty Slam. Claiborne throws the meatball and only gets two runs charged against his ERA and Kuroda takes the loss.

In the Sox dugout---Lackey gets chaged with the two runs Breslow surrendered on Cano's double. Granted it could have been worse if Lackey had stayed in the game.

I guess there is no true justice. It's the luck of the guy in there at the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

What we have is not perfect but it has stood the test of time. Someone may come up with a better system.

My area of concern is inherited runners scoring. Last night the Yankee reliever, Claiborne, was the third pitcher of the inning--Kuroda, Cabral preceeded him. Kuroda was charged with a run, Cabral with a run and Claiborne 2 as a result of the Salty Slam. Claiborne throws the meatball and only gets two runs charged against his ERA and Kuroda takes the loss.

In the Sox dugout---Lackey gets chaged with the two runs Breslow surrendered on Cano's double. Granted it could have been worse if Lackey had stayed in the game.

I guess there is no true justice. It's the luck of the guy in there at the time.

Still scratching my head about not going after A-Rod, but wanting to pitch to Cano who was 3 for 3 at the time and soon to be 4 for 4. I want a shorter leash for Breslow. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

[QUOTE]

Still scratching my head about not going after A-Rod, but wanting to pitch to Cano who was 3 for 3 at the time and soon to be 4 for 4. I want a shorter leash for Breslow. 

[/QUOTE]

emp, check your messages