loved the game, hated the announcers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

loved the game, hated the announcers

What a couple of 'dufus'.  Buck does play by play as if he has a broomstick up his 'you know what'.  And McCarver hallucinates. 

And can anyone honestly say that the two of them are not Yankee 'homers'?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: loved the game, hated the announcers

In Response to Re: loved the game, hated the announcers:
    What happened to Joe Buck's voice? He sounds like he had throat surgery or something, can anyone confirm this?
    Posted by william93063

Buck had some type of a throat virus that weakened his vocal cords.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Buck has sounded like that for 3 months. Perhaps something more is going on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Buck was out for a long time due to that virus. I thought the whole bit with the concession guy losing the beer on to the field was quite funny, including finding out that Rosenthal and McCarver each had done vending at baseball games when younger. I usually don't care for Buck and that crew, but there was a strong sense of humor and it's much needed during 3-plus hour Sox v. Yank games. I thought they were funny and lighter. I don't care for their often serious tone, much better when they show this sense of humor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

It is time for McCarver to go, an infusion of new blood is needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

There was a letter in one of the papers down here in SW Florida in regards to the Tampa Rays announcers. The writer stated he lived here but came from up in the mid west. Stated he listed to a lot of different games and needless to say the announcers. His question was "Did the Rays have a contest to hire the worst announcers in sports?".
    I have to add that many down here feel the same way. The two guys are so bad it is hard on the ears.

So sorry to say Tim McCarver as bad as he can be is still better than the guys Tampa has.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

There was a letter in one of the papers down here in SW Florida in regards to the Tampa Rays announcers. The writer stated he lived here but came from up in the mid west. Stated he listed to a lot of different games and needless to say the announcers. His question was "Did the Rays have a contest to hire the worst announcers in sports?". I have to add that many down here feel the same way. The two guys are so bad it is hard on the ears. So sorry to say Tim McCarver as bad as he can be is still better than the guys Tampa has.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Statts and Anderson is way better than Statts/Mcgraine or Statts/Kennedy..Anderson is saving that team as much as possible..If they just got rid of the whining Dewayne Statts and gave Anderson someone good, it wouldnt be so bad..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

There was a letter in one of the papers down here in SW Florida in regards to the Tampa Rays announcers. The writer stated he lived here but came from up in the mid west. Stated he listed to a lot of different games and needless to say the announcers. His question was "Did the Rays have a contest to hire the worst announcers in sports?". I have to add that many down here feel the same way. The two guys are so bad it is hard on the ears. So sorry to say Tim McCarver as bad as he can be is still better than the guys Tampa has.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

I guess that puts it in perspective.  I will remember that the next time I am listening to McCarver:  It could be worse.  Haha.  I can't stand McCarver, especially when he is being "funny."

By the by, listened to the Yankee radio feed during friday nights game.  Gotta say, I like that team.  I know the Yankee fans on here are none to hot on Sterling and Waldman.  But I like listening to Suze.  I dig her weird ma./ny dialect and she knows her baseball.  Always has a good insight about a given play/player.

Sections
Shortcuts