Lowrie's throw to the plate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Lowrie's throw to the plate

Jed Lowrie is a utility player and thats about it. He will never be a mainstay because of his injury history. They will never trade away an established player like Scuttaro and depend on him because of that injury bug.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Lowrie's throw to the plate:
    Remy and Orsillo thought that the throw could have been caught by Tek. I know that it is "mob behavior" here to blame it entirely on Lowrie but why not blame it on BOTH players? Is that too complicated. A double target for those with a chronic desire to scapegoat.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Yes, the throw could have been caught, but clearly the error belonged to Lowrie and no one else.  All pitches thrown into the dirt which allow a runner to advance are automatically wild pitches, not passed balls. 

This year there is just something about Lowrie that seems amiss.  For starters, he is an infielder who hates catching with two hands--which Pedroia always does when he can--and I find that infuriating.  Then there are the 14 errors, which are a lot for a part-timer.  There is something that seems almost casual about his approach to fielding and throwing--as if he is looking for style points.  Three years ago he played a bunch of games at SS without making an error.  But no longer. 

I usually give the pitcher some of the blamed for unearned runs, but in this case it was all Lowrie, and it gave the Rays a lead they never lost.  If he makes that play, the Sox could have been leading 2-1 when Bedard came out. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

The announcers didn't go out of their way to bash Lowrie like is done here. That was my point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The announcers didn't go out of their way to bash Lowrie like is done here. That was my point.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

not only did the announcers kid-glove Jed on that throw, but the scorer did as well saying the last screw-up was a double steal...embarrassing...

he blew it and he knew it....Jed is a good guy imo and tries hard - sometimes too hard but admit those plays were lousy by any standard

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Conspiracy. Fire the announcers, scorer, Tito, coaches, and Theo. Clean house.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm still not convinced that throw from Lowerie didn't hit the runner in the back.  It didn't look to me like the throw ever made it as far as Veritek.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Lowrie's throw to the plate : I do that when I pee sometimes and it always ends up the floor.
    Posted by CTJake14

I now use a Burrito dart board. Great cure-all!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Part of me likes Lowrie's potential but then part of me is kind of getting tired of this guy.  He's always hurt.  He's incredibly streaky.  A sub-par fielder.

Sections
Shortcuts