Lucchino & Cherington on the Hot Stove:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Lucchino & Cherington on the Hot Stove:

I expected all our Free Agents Salaries to go up. When Players win the WS it always goes up.
    I'm sure all the Sox Players who hit Free Agency will give the Sox the final word. Tough decisions to make this Off-Season.
    Maybe tougher than last year, since no one expected much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DAD & BILL-806 was there too !!!!!   Guests of BEN C. ..... I was talking with a guy that sounded a lot like how SOFTY writes...... Just saying !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think Xander and Middlebrooks will have the laft side covered in 2014 and Pedey at 2b. If Naps is asking for more than 2years with a 3rd vesting opion and more than 13M per, I pass and look at Corey Hart or the like on short years. I would also hand Lavarnway a 1b mit long before I do Middlebrooks. He has a better chance of being a high power, BA and OBP guy, whereas Middle looks to have a high SLG but not so much the other 2.

Ells at 6/108 ar look elsewhere. Give JBJ a shot with a Davis type BU guy who can cover all OF positions and brings a speed game to the table.

FA contracts are high, as usual. But there are only a couple guys I would overpay a little in years and $$. Ellsbury being one of those guys. Not Naps though.

Id also look to trade Peavy. Thanks, but seeya. Id rather Have Dempster at the BOTR. You can count on him for 180IP and 30+ games started. Conxixtent trackk record. Plus, I think you can get a better return for peavy. Dont be surprised if a team wants Lackey and is willing to part with something decent for him.

Its been a busy Offseason so far. Busier than usual. The winter meeting will have a few surprises for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I like Mike Napoli but not at 4@68. I'm not even interested in Drew. I could see Jake at what Pedey got minus a dollar. Salty if he comes back at 2@10 per is ok but he'll get better offers in terms of years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think Xander and Middlebrooks will have the laft side covered in 2014 and Pedey at 2b. If Naps is asking for more than 2years with a 3rd vesting opion and more than 13M per, I pass and look at Corey Hart or the like on short years. I would also hand Lavarnway a 1b mit long before I do Middlebrooks. He has a better chance of being a high power, BA and OBP guy, whereas Middle looks to have a high SLG but not so much the other 2.

Ells at 6/108 ar look elsewhere. Give JBJ a shot with a Davis type BU guy who can cover all OF positions and brings a speed game to the table.

FA contracts are high, as usual. But there are only a couple guys I would overpay a little in years and $$. Ellsbury being one of those guys. Not Naps though.

Id also look to trade Peavy. Thanks, but seeya. Id rather Have Dempster at the BOTR. You can count on him for 180IP and 30+ games started. Conxixtent trackk record. Plus, I think you can get a better return for peavy. Dont be surprised if a team wants Lackey and is willing to part with something decent for him.

Its been a busy Offseason so far. Busier than usual. The winter meeting will have a few surprises for sure.

I do believe one of Peavy, Dempster or Lackey will all not be on the team in April, barring injuries.  But, barring an overwhelming offer, I do think all three will be on the team at the beginning of March.   I would not be surprised if the preferecne was tohold on to all 6, just in case of ST injuries.  But if they all do stay healthy, something has to give unless one of them wants to be a heavily-paid middle reliever...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I agree with Southpaw.  I think this year is the year to give Lava a shot at 1B.  He will start the year in AAA so give him the 1B glove and see how he does.  Lava has 1B bat and he always posted high OBP in the minors.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DAD & BILL-806 was there too !!!!!   Guests of BEN C. ..... I was talking with a guy that sounded a lot like how SOFTY writes...... Just saying !!!!

My dad always said,  "Son,  it you've got nothing GOOD to say...  don't say anything at all".

Gibberish,  as per usual.  Thanks for stopping by and padding your post totals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

My dad always said,  "Son,  it you've got nothing GOOD to say...  don't say anything at all".

Gibberish,  as per usual.  Thanks for stopping by and padding your post totals.

Your very welcome ......  Have a nice THANKSGIVING  !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I do believe one of Peavy, Dempster or Lackey will all not be on the team in April, barring injuries.  But, barring an overwhelming offer, I do think all three will be on the team at the beginning of March.

We may get a better offer in March as desperation sets in for some GMs, but I think we may not want to wait that long to fill a big hole we have.

Sections
Shortcuts