Lucchino has Valentine's back

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Lucchino has Valentine's back

It's official, The Sox 2012 death warrant has been signed. Execution of Sox chances takes place at 4 p.m. today. No stay of execution in sight. Thank you, Gov. Lucchinno....P---A----T---H--E--T--I--C

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LL was on WEEI this morning was enfatic about Valentine finishing out the year at the helm. When asked about next year, he changed the subject. Asked if BV was 'his guy' said the decision to hire him was a collaborative one. Firing BV would be an admission LL made a mistake. Not gonna happen, with only 40+ games remaining, of a lost season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Lucchino is the one who put him in as a manager and brought the coaches in as well.Cherrington is just a figurehead and is only allowed moves that Lucchino approves of. This is the staff Larry put together because he thinks he knows more than the REAL baseball men do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

I must have missed something, was BV managing last September when they blew a 10 game lead, to finish 7-23 down the stretch? Gee I thought Bobby was in Bristol working for ESPN , that is in New England so no doubt Bobby had a hand in last years flop.  Was  Lucchino , the reason that Tito couldn't get performances out of his stars down the stretch, must have been . I saw LL pacing up and down the dugout game after game. Ya right.

Why wouldn't these Bozo's play for the player's manager Tito? So , the facts are they stunk down the stretch last year playing for the player's manager Tito, and this year they stink playing for an old school manager Bobby V.

Do I see a trend here? Maybe, just maybe , they aren't that good, I think that is the reality. The whole ship started taking on water with the Lackey signing, it ran a ground with the Crawford signing, and it went into dry dock with the Gonzo signing. The HMS Red Sox is now sitting high and dry waiting for the shipwrights to patch the holes. When the holes are fixed , then it can be put back into the water, not before. Other wise it will go right to the bottom.

The big contracts  are the root of all this teams problems. They tried to play hardball with the big spending Yankees, but Theo didn't do his homework. He signed some real dandies, and they are here for a few more years yet, I see no reasonable solution, short of eating some big contracts. Valentine had nothing to do with these contracts, he inherited this mess, if not him, some other poor well meaning manager would get his reputation scarred by this merry band of over paid misfits. They could have put Joe Madden or Tony Larussa in here and the results wood be the same. Theo Epstein's egalitarian arrogance , is the reason for this team being what it is. Full Stop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Lucchino has Valentine's back:
    [QUOTE]LL was on WEEI this morning was enfatic about Valentine finishing out the year at the helm. When asked about next year, he changed the subject. Asked if BV was 'his guy' said the decision to hire him was a collaborative one. Firing BV would be an admission LL made a mistake. Not gonna happen, with only 40+ games remaining, of a lost season.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

a lost season that is going to take 40 more games of toxic atmosphere--that's on Lucchinno and Henry. Instead, fire the manager. Is it right? or is it real? What's right isn't always what's real. It's true in life. Just because firing BV is against the morale grain of the majority of fans doesn't mean it won't light a fire under the Sox to do well for the interim guy. I really believe it's all it takes to turn it around. Nothing will change in 2012 with BV in charge. And then it becomes a circus again in 2013 because we can't see what is like without BV in charge until 2013.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Cater doesn't think that BV was the main problem after a thorough analysis but he wants him fired anyway to see if that might help. It is called shooting in the dark and hopefully you hit your target. I'm sure that this is how John Henry made his fortune in the commodities markets.  If the orange crop in Florida is wiped out, take a guess and invest in Python meat futures.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Team is 5 games under .500....sounds like Bear Stearns to me. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Lucchino has Valentine's back:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucchino has Valentine's back : a lost season that is going to take 40 more games of toxic atmosphere--that's on Lucchinno and Henry. Instead, fire the manager. Is it right? or is it real? What's right isn't always what's real. It's true in life. Just because firing BV is against the morale grain of the majority of fans doesn't mean it won't light a fire under the Sox to do well for the interim guy. I really believe it's all it takes to turn it around. Nothing will change in 2012 with BV in charge. And then it becomes a circus again in 2013 because we can't see what is like without BV in charge until 2013.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Lou Merloni was asked last night what he thought should be done. He said fire Valentine now. it sends the message to the players this losing atmosphere will not be tolerated. either show the organization you want to be a part of this team during the next 40 games or you'll be gone too. no contract is too big.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Cater need not write volumes about what is wrong with BV but he did. All they he needed to say was make a change since nothing else is working. Thank God that Einstein didn't use that as his scientific method or hypothesis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, because Einstein's work and Sox managing are so relevant to each other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Larry's got the management talking points down cold -- injuries the problem, owners are "uintense, committed, passionate" -- which is why they were at the Olympics on RS Hall of Fame day;

and heck yeah, for sure, if there's a culture problem we'll change it.

Larry's the cool dude when he's talking to the house station, WEEI.