Lucchino : "Red Sox Sellout Streak will probably end in April"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Lucchino :

In response to selenium's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Babe is right about Pike.  He's just a troll here to get people going.  And he's doing it again.

A Yankee fan started this redundant, boring topic that has been discussed a hundred times on this forum. In came all of the Yankee fans and Softlaw. Go back and read the thread. I started nothing. 

I asked a two logical questions:

Why the hatred of pink hats?

When did Lucchino say that fans were leacving in droves?

Why do you interpret that to be trolling? Let them answer the reasonable questions. Not trolling at all.

Your intent in general is not to be a troller; instead, you're an incessant whiner rife with fandom distorted inaccuracies amidst a few cogent points. Even if this board was perfect you would find something to whine about. The net result? As BostonTrollSpanker has decreed, you are the most notorious troll on this board, and one that has attempted in the past to invade internet privacy; likely in the privacy of your wimp cave.

And invasion of privacy is worse than trolling; it's the symptom of an unscrupulous cyber-freak who's skirting the fringes of the law.

This is why you get banned all the time.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In my humble opinion, the single most uninteresting aspect of Red Sox baseball that could possibly be discussed is this sell-out streak, from all angles.  I could care less about the streak itself.  Totally meaningless.  I could care less whether it is trumped up by the front office or media.  Classic entertainment biz, anything including smoke and mirrors to get people under the big top.

I just don't see why we should care about any of it.

fair enough  space

but it is a dishonest ploy meant to increase sales

so those who have been duped might feel different

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The folks pushing the sellouts are as bad as the ones who said the NYY front row seats were all purchased when every one could see many empty leather seats, Then they reduced the price and let people move from other seats so it would not look so bad.

JUst saying Yankees / Red Sox both sides of the fence can look dumb or greener depending on your reference point.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In my humble opinion, the single most uninteresting aspect of Red Sox baseball that could possibly be discussed is this sell-out streak, from all angles.  I could care less about the streak itself.  Totally meaningless.  I could care less whether it is trumped up by the front office or media.  Classic entertainment biz, anything including smoke and mirrors to get people under the big top.

fair enough  space

Fair enough Zac.

I guess I just feel nothing for someone who would buy tickets for the mere reason to keep the 'streak' alive.  Personally, I but tickets to Fenway so i can go watch the Red Sox play baseball. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Fair enough Zac.

I guess I just feel nothing for someone who would buy tickets for the mere reason to keep the 'streak' alive.  Personally, I but tickets to Fenway so i can go watch the Red Sox play baseball. 

not them space

the ones whose sub conscious mind tells them

if they MIGHT want to go to that game in sept

they better buy their tix now

I'm thinking there R a few fans

that wished they didn't by their tix so early last yr

not that either of us cares anymore about

front runners  that those who would

buy  to keep the 'streak' alive ;-)

same principal as oak covering up the to deck

a few ys ago , smaller parks etc

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

fair enough  space

Fair enough Zac.

We are all for the most part huge Sox fans.  Personally, after watching them for 45 years and seeing my share of empty seats at Fenway during the rough times?   I doubt its due to fans buying a ticket and not showing up for the game, or hanging out at the hot dog stand listening for cheers.  

Counting tickets at Fenway must be similar to watching the guy in front of you buy 100 lottery tickets to the same event except with seats to fill.

Sorry, I have never taken our "sell out" too seriously.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

I read the entire article that you provided the link for. It is speaking only of season ticket sales as of Feb. 1 compared to Feb. 1 of the previous year. Season ticket sales are only a small percentage of the gate ard may or not be a baramoter of attendance.  The author of the article was trying to speculate that fans are going to over- react to the poor 2012 season. It makes good copy for a reporter to exaggerate. There is nothing in the article that states that fans will leave in droves.

Why are you once again taking the side of the cynic, pessimist, troll, doom and gloomer,  and skeptic on a forum in which you are an outsider. You are a Yankee fan being overjoyed over reports of a decrease in Red Sox attendance? Why is it your concern? Do you have common stock in the Fenway Sports Group. Very puzzling that you listen all day to WEEI, watch NESN, read Boston papers, blogs, and forums and spend all day long on Red Sox forums? Do you leave any time at all to follow your Yankees? Your priorities seem to be askew.

So does'nt Larry's

hence why the sell out streak is a bigger joke than you.

Go back and the second post on the thread. My opinion on the sellout streak is there. Try to keep up. I was discussing the agenda of a poster who is hoping that the fans leave in droves. It is pure speculation and opinion and wishful thinking on his part. 

This is going to be my last post on the subject because it's too time consuming to deal with.This is what I said:

"Now,because the Sox looked so horrible last year,the "pink hats' are leaving in droves."

You see where it says "Pink Hats",?That doesn't mean real fans,that means the people who were there at Fenway only because of the World Series wins and Fenway's 100th Anniversary.PiINK HATS.

And nowhere in my post did I say this was a quote from Larry"The Leak" Lucchino.That's something you invented. 

Bottom line:The people who aren't real fans of Boston baseball are leaving in droves.Real Red Sox baseball fans will continue to root for and follow the Sox now that the Series and Fenway's 100th Anniversary are in the past.

Pretty simple. Go Red Sox !!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Babe is right about Pike.  He's just a troll here to get people going.  And he's doing it again.

But so is Babe.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

fair enough  space

It's tough to knwo the real numbers.  If they lose a sellout streak because they want to limit saeson ticket sales to 22,500, and have 7,500, it is still kind of like selling out.  Same as if they set aside 800 tickets because they want to allow people to walk up to the window ande buy, it is still kind of like selling it out.

And it is not quite like the NYMs giving out 3,000-6,000 free tickets to their vendors each game.  I'm not sure if you've seen any NYM games last year, but they'd have their regular fans, then 2-3 empty sections, then 1-2 full sections.  That because those last 2 sections were free tickets.

Or the NYY dumping 1,000 or so tickets on Stubhub each game last year to sell for $5 or so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In my humble opinion, the single most uninteresting aspect of Red Sox baseball that could possibly be discussed is this sell-out streak, from all angles.  I could care less about the streak itself.  Totally meaningless.  I could care less whether it is trumped up by the front office or media.  Classic entertainment biz, anything including smoke and mirrors to get people under the big top.  I just don't see why we should care about any of it.

The only thing about the "sell out" streak that offended me was/is the patronising nature of it once it became apparent it was contrived.

If Studio 54 in 1978, or Fenway Park in 2007, or Ramones homecoming gigs at CBGB in 1977 were wildly undercapacity, everybody that really cared knew.  Once the bloom goes off the rose, as it always does, eventually, the minimal value derived from hoodwinking the clueless  is, IMO, outweighed by the scorn heaped upon you from the clued.

...not to mention the practical side i.e. if you have a team, club, band, etc. you are promoting if you expect 90% capacity, over-egging the pudding will just discourage walkups.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Where in the Lucchino quote does he say that the fans are leaving in droves? Link please?

OK, you agree with me then. You couldn't afford the tickets and hate those who could. Thanks for being sincere and honest about it. I prefer to watch at home anyway so I don't have any influence in respect to the supply-demand curve.

I'm the one who said the "pink hats" fans were leaving in droves,not Larry"the leak" Lucchino.If you had been paying attention the last several years,you'd know that tickets were hard to come by unless you got them through a scalper.The demand has gone down because it's not so fashionable to be seen at Fenway these days(the pinkies are leaving in droves).Now tickets are available.

I still went to games the last several years,but I was paying WAY over face value to go.Just because I could afford to buy tickets from scalpers doesn't mean I liked it.But I always enjoyed going to Fenway and I wasn't going to let some fashionable fans stop me from doing that.

Every three months a Yankee fan starts a thread about the sellout streak and it draws other Yankee fans, Softlaw, and those who for some reason hate "pink hats". If you can't afford to attend games then you should be grateful for those who can. They pay the bills so that we can have a competitive payroll.

Do Yankee fans hate the Wall Street crowd that leases their suites and seats behind home plate. Perhaps Babe, Steven, and Zac can fill us in on what is being said on Yankee Forums about hating the rich folks who subsidise the Yankee payroll of $206 mil. in 2013. The problem however is that Babe, Steven, and Zac never go to Yankee forums. Why is that?

I've posted here tonight for the first time all week.....though have been posting on the music board all week for the first time in many months.  Why?  As much as I hate to admit it, it's because you, Evil Pike, with your poisonous, anti-social agenda are making the BB board so painful, so disturbing, so un-fun.

If you are the troll I suspect you are, you win for now, Evil Pike.  But a few days away from you will recharge my anti-ar5e batteries.