1. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

Lucchino Sends Message to Epstein!

Although he traded for Beck he just got rid of Epstein's prized free agent signings.

They are cleaning house! Makes you wonder if those 3 were the cancers in the clubhouse....

I wonder if the coaching staff is next......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Floridamorgan. Show Floridamorgan's posts

Re: Lucchino Sends Message to Epstein!

In Response to Lucchino Sends Message to Epstein!:
    [QUOTE]Although he traded for Beck he just got rid of Epstein's prized free agent signings. They are cleaning house! Makes you wonder if those 3 were the cancers in the clubhouse.... I wonder if the coaching staff is next......
    Posted by floridamike[/QUOTE]

As I said earlier this season, Mike, after last year, everybody on the team should be on notice that big changes have to come........... and they might have to be part of the change.

As far as the coaching staff in concerned, I think management has made its point.

I think it's happening for the better for the Sox.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Lucchino Sends Message to Epstein!:
    [QUOTE]Although he traded for Beck he just got rid of Epstein's prized free agent signings. They are cleaning house! Makes you wonder if those 3 were the cancers in the clubhouse.... I wonder if the coaching staff is next......
    Posted by floridamike[/QUOTE]

whoever is going ot manage going forward should have their own coaches

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The trade that never made sense to me was the one the Red Sox made in 2009. They picked up Adam LaRoche and then dumped him off a short time later for Casey Kotchmann. Kotchmann never could hit although he was good defensively. You need more power numbers at first base that RoRoche could have provided as opposedvto thepotential in Kotchmann.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Dear Globe, may I comment now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I had a comment about Cameron -- and moving Ells to center -- being another dodgy deal from Theo, but the Mighty Globe kept rejecting my comment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to floridamike's comment:

Although he traded for Beck he just got rid of Epstein's prized free agent signings.

They are cleaning house! Makes you wonder if those 3 were the cancers in the clubhouse....

I wonder if the coaching staff is next......

Not sure that the trade had anything to do with Luccino shooting one over the bow of Epstein. It was simply a case where by trading Gonzalez the player the Dodgers coveted, it allowed the Sox to free themselves of two players (Beckett and Crawford). Who both have underperformed since inking thier new deals. Deals that were negoitiated by Epstein and who was charged with oversight of the roster. Thus freeing up some 260M in long term commitments to three players of which only one Gonzalez proved to be worthy of the moneys he was paid...

In the end, all one has to do is look at the failure of the Boston Red Sox since the end of last season and its not all that hard to connect the dots and afix blame on the architect of the team. One Theo Epstein...

As for the coaching staff, Epstein had nothing to do with the hiring of the current group...Thats on Luccino and Cherington. My guess is that not unlike when they hired Grady Little a move made to inject some life into what had become a very sour clubhouse under the leadership of Jimy Williams and Joe Kerringan. Valentine was hired to shake things up and help to get the players back to carrying themselves as professionals. A sacrificail lamb if you will and his thanks for that is that he'll probably be getting paid to watch baseball next year from the comfort of his summer home...

Sections
Shortcuts