Lucchino speaks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Lucchino speaks

Larry Lucchino (or the evil one, whatever your preference), on the state of the Red Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Lucchino speaks

i saw this. really wanted to get on and fire some questions his way. got stuck in class though :( 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is the biggest SPIN BS artist that I have ever heard. Remember last year when he said the Red Sox would pick up a pitcher before Spring Training and Ben was empowered to do something big at the trade deadline. Neither happened but a salary dump a couple of weeks later. Not a doubt in my mind the salary dump was his idea not Young Ben's.  No way Ben did that on his own, no way. The game has passed this relic by. But he is the real GM of the Red Sox and decision maker. Get use to it people, they are going to be cheap in the future. Luchinno is asking for patience, that means no big names and its goingo be several years, while they charge top dollar at Fenway and want patience. The writing was on the wall last year that it was going to be save money in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

LL is a spin doctor spewing his lawyer talk thinking hes fooling everyone. BC will be doing things the way they used to do them which brought 2 wsc to Boston.

An infusion of young talent with low year FA signings (except the once in a lifetime Manny signings) and a solid trade here and there. BC was here when that formula worked and thats exactly what were starting to see now.

I remember perple wondering why we signed guys like millar, Mueller, Ortiz, bellhorn etc...Those guys helped make the Sox champions...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LL is a spin doctor spewing his lawyer talk thinking hes fooling everyone. BC will be doing things the way they used to do them which brought 2 wsc to Boston.

An infusion of young talent with low year FA signings (except the once in a lifetime Manny signings) and a solid trade here and there. BC was here when that formula worked and thats exactly what were starting to see now.

I remember perple wondering why we signed guys like millar, Mueller, Ortiz, bellhorn etc...Those guys helped make the Sox champions...

[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No way does Ben Cherrington have the power that Theo had. No way. He answers to Luchinno who has the ear of Henry, thats why Luchinno's contract was picked up in September after this disastrous season. Ben was read the riot act when he took this job. Luchinno holds the purse strings and Ben's wallet as well. They are not going to allow Ben to do or get away with what Theo Epstein did. The power that Theo had went to Luchinno and he is not giving it up !

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Lucchino speaks and sane people hide.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lucchino speaks and sane people hide.

[/QUOTE]

I agree the game passed him by. I knew he had the ear of Henry when they renewed his contract during that disastrous last season. He should have been shown the door but was not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

Based upon LL's comments on the radio & his chat session it appears he is now the acting GM of the Red Sox & Ben Cherrington is playing an "assistant to the gm" role.  I don't know how else to interpret it.  I guess w/ Theo out of the way he is getting his wish to run the baseball side along w/ the business side of things.  It was particularly interesting to read his comments about how lucky they were to escape the big contracts via the Dodgers trade.  Wasn't it Lucchinno himself that wanted some of those guys signed to keep "feeding the monster"?  I thing Larry just likes to hear the sound of his own voice sometimes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

When lucchino says this:

“Look at what happened with the Dodgers transaction last year. It gives us the capacity to add to the team during the course of a season."

He is saying - don;t expect any additions in the off season that will actually help - but our pay roll will be so low - we might be able to pull off a trade at the deadline.

MORE evidence that the entire organization is LOST

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When lucchino says this:

â€œLook at what happened with the Dodgers transaction last year. It gives us the capacity to add to the team during the course of a season."

He is saying - don;t expect any additions in the off season that will actually help - but our pay roll will be so low - we might be able to pull off a trade at the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

fool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

When lucchino says this:

â€œLook at what happened with the Dodgers transaction last year. It gives us the capacity to add to the team during the course of a season."

[/QUOTE]

fool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When lucchino says this:

[/QUOTE]

fool

[/QUOTE]

I call him one note johnny. He's been singing the same song since 2008.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

When Larry Speaks, I Dont Listen........................He,s Full Of Crap..............

Sections
Shortcuts