Lucchino the one who needs to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Lucchino the one who needs to go

It seems that it was, again, a choice of moving Theo or Lucchino, and Lucchino, once again, kept his job.

I really don't know wht this guy's function is other than to rankle the GM, treat fans like idiots, and feel superior to everyone. He's a total jack@ss, he comes off as pompous and arrogant EVERY time I hear him speak. He is the TEAM PRESIDENT! Why does he get a pass? He said he didn't know about what was going on in the clubhouse? Way to go prez, way to be in touch with your troops.

For whatever reason, Lucchino is Henry's right hand man, and he is the root of all the problems to me. He is the man behind the curtain who Henry ultimately listens to.

I really don't feel like I can truly root for this team as long as he's the President. Obviously I can, but it leaves a very bad taste. Kind of like Lackey, sure he's a part of the team, but I never wanted, never liked him, and wish he wasn't here.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Lucchino the one who needs to go

In Response to Lucchino the one who needs to go:
    [QUOTE]It seems that it was, again, a choice of moving Theo or Lucchino, and Lucchino, once again, kept his job. I really don't know wht this guy's function is other than to rankle the GM, treat fans like idiots, and feel superior to everyone. He's a total jack@ss, he comes off as pompous and arrogant EVERY time I hear him speak. He is the TEAM PRESIDENT! Why does he get a pass? He said he didn't know about what was going on in the clubhouse? Way to go prez, way to be in touch with your troops. For whatever reason, Lucchino is Henry's right hand man, and he is the root of all the problems to me. He is the man behind the curtain who Henry ultimately listens to. I really don't feel like I can truly root for this team as long as he's the President. Obviously I can, but it leaves a very bad taste. Kind of like Lackey, sure he's a part of the team, but I never wanted, never liked him, and wish he wasn't here.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Dragon...I think, if I'm not mstaken that Luccino is also part of the ownership group that purchased the Red Sox...It was he that recruited and hired Epstein after mentoring him in both Baltimore and San Diego. Luccino is also the man behind the curtain that put in place the infrastructure that produced two world series championships...He may well be a horses @zz, but the guys resume speaks for itself...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

my god what is everyones problem with  lucchino thank god he,s not leaveing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]It seems that it was, again, a choice of moving Theo or Lucchino, and Lucchino, once again, kept his job. I really don't know wht this guy's function is other than to rankle the GM, treat fans like idiots, and feel superior to everyone. He's a total jack@ss, he comes off as pompous and arrogant EVERY time I hear him speak. He is the TEAM PRESIDENT! Why does he get a pass? He said he didn't know about what was going on in the clubhouse? Way to go prez, way to be in touch with your troops. For whatever reason, Lucchino is Henry's right hand man, and he is the root of all the problems to me. He is the man behind the curtain who Henry ultimately listens to. I really don't feel like I can truly root for this team as long as he's the President. Obviously I can, but it leaves a very bad taste. Kind of like Lackey, sure he's a part of the team, but I never wanted, never liked him, and wish he wasn't here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

We're just lucky he's LOOKEENO not LOOCHINO ....

That could really end up bloody.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Posted by ma6dragon9[/Q

Bozo - understand that Theo is the ruin of the Red Sox with allhis bad and expensive free agent signings!  You are an apoligist and want to find another person to blame.  Be honest, incompetent Theo is your man and you can bet the Cubs will not allow him to do any big free agent signings he is squadooch!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Before mouthing off without knowing the facts, listen to:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2011/10/audio_john_henr.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Lucchino is the LAST one to go! He brings in the $ and Henry loves him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

We can not be too dumb to blame the owners who spend >$180 mil year after year. I am not happy either with Theo leaving but we needed change. I hope we get a player like Garza in compensation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lucchino is a fraud, he actually didn't fool anyone this time, which is why Henry had to go on the air for damage control.

When it comes to the Francona smear campaign this had Larry's greasy finger tips all over it. Nice timing too the other day when we learned Theo was going to Cubs, I'm sure it was merely a coincidence that the info reagding Tito's marriage, prescription drug addiction and clubhouse party. I wonder if Larry actually has this media source stored in his phone under the name "leaks"..

Larry lies, always has, always will....Will McDonough warned us about him years ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

No more firings or departures for the leadership please.  Let's start dumping players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

A Yankee fan purporting himself as a red sox media guy trying to stir up more problems for the red sox organization.  So therefore, he need to be ban from this forum!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

[QUOTE]It seems that it was, again, a choice of moving Theo or Lucchino, and Lucchino, once again, kept his job. I really don't know wht this guy's function is other than to rankle the GM, treat fans like idiots, and feel superior to everyone. He's a total jack@ss, he comes off as pompous and arrogant EVERY time I hear him speak. He is the TEAM PRESIDENT! Why does he get a pass? He said he didn't know about what was going on in the clubhouse? Way to go prez, way to be in touch with your troops. For whatever reason, Lucchino is Henry's right hand man, and he is the root of all the problems to me. He is the man behind the curtain who Henry ultimately listens to. I really don't feel like I can truly root for this team as long as he's the President. Obviously I can, but it leaves a very bad taste. Kind of like Lackey, sure he's a part of the team, but I never wanted, never liked him, and wish he wasn't here.    AMEN Brother!!!!!!!! That &^%$*&##@!#$%^ SOB is the reason they didn't get A Rod or Texeria(which I would much rather have than that piece of $hit Gonzalez).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Lucchino the one who needs to go:
    [QUOTE]A Yankee fan purporting himself as a red sox media guy trying to stir up more problems for the red sox organization.  So therefore, he need to be ban from this forum!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Dragon is not a Yankee fan. And Yankee fans aren't banned for long, they are "reinstated" after being banned. Try to keep up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]A Yankee fan purporting himself as a red sox media guy trying to stir up more problems for the red sox organization.  So therefore, he need to be ban from this forum!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I like posts like this. They make me look like the unquestionably sane one, not an easy task at all.

Purporting myself as a Sox media guy? No more than anyone else around here.

But go ahead and keep calling anyone who sees this pile of garbage for what it is a troll or Yankee fan. Ownership LOVES blind, impressionable fans...they spend money on all the nonsense.

And Henry's "unplanned" visit to 98.5? So, he can't be there fot the official press conferences, but while driving around, he hears talk radio and feels compelled to make an unscheduled, unannounced, hour long visit to 98.5? Really? I'm to believe that? This wasn't another pr job by management? Really?

So he's always too busy, off watching soccer matches, or guys driving in circles, or tripping on his 100 foot yacht...but suddenly in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday, TALK RADIO is suddenly so important he drops everything to go on air? Being there for the press conference after firing the manager isn't important, but the fans turn on the ownership group for the snakes they are, and he feels the need to defend himself. Interesting. So completely disingenuous it makes my head spin.

Fans can love the ownership group if they want, they DO spend a lot of money, but don't think it's because they care about winning. They only care about winning with respect to how it affects the bottom line. They only spend money when they know they will make MORE back. ANd if they ever are cast in an unfriendly light...well, they're showing you how poorly they handle criticism.

There are some SERIOUS ego problems over at Yawkey Incoroporated it would seem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]No more firings or departures for the leadership please.  Let's start dumping players.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    Larry does seem to have a free pass from John Henry..........and I totally am ready to start the Let's start dumping players I will be partying the night Lackey gets dumped.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucchino the one who needs to go : I like posts like this. They make me look like the unquestionably sane one, not an easy task at all. Purporting myself as a Sox media guy? No more than anyone else around here. But go ahead and keep calling anyone who sees this pile of garbage for what it is a troll or Yankee fan. Ownership LOVES blind, impressionable fans...they spend money on all the nonsense. And Henry's "unplanned" visit to 98.5? So, he can't be there fot the official press conferences, but while driving around, he hears talk radio and feels compelled to make an unscheduled, unannounced, hour long visit to 98.5? Really? I'm to believe that? This wasn't another pr job by management? Really? So he's always too busy, off watching soccer matches, or guys driving in circles, or tripping on his 100 foot yacht...but suddenly in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday, TALK RADIO is suddenly so important he drops everything to go on air? Being there for the press conference after firing the manager isn't important, but the fans turn on the ownership group for the snakes they are, and he feels the need to defend himself. Interesting. So completely disingenuous it makes my head spin. Fans can love the ownership group if they want, they DO spend a lot of money, but don't think it's because they care about winning. They only care about winning with respect to how it affects the bottom line. They only spend money when they know they will make MORE back. ANd if they ever are cast in an unfriendly light...well, they're showing you how poorly they handle criticism. There are some SERIOUS ego problems over at Yawkey Incoroporated it would seem.

In order to have the money and the will to own the Boston Red Sox you need to have some pretty major ego, too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I completely disagree with the OP.  Epstein left because the Cubs offered him an incredible, unprecedented deal to be their GM--five years and $18.5M.  Francona left because the Sox disintegrated in September, primarily because of the pitching, and Francona himself seemed to feel it was time to go. 

The current regime from John Henry down has been enormously successful, and right now Lucchino looks like someone who can provided important continuity, insight, and experience in finding a new GM (probably Epstein's deputy) and new manager. 

Plenty of blame to go around for September, but way too many of us seem to have forgotten two crucial facts:  before September, the Sox were playing great ball and had the best W-L record in the AL; September was mostly the result of a collapse in starting pitching. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Should we replace John Henry with Noe Lopes, the video game top dragon - MA6DRAGON9
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

YES! As soon as I drum up 1 billion dollars, I'll make a formal offer.

I'm sure this was an insult...but I can't figure out how. Are we still stuck in the 80s where videogames are inherently evil and mind-numbing? I'm also unsure where you got my name, but kudos for the correct spelling. If you can pronounce it correctly too, it'll prove you're not part of the problem.

At any rate...can you at least translate this to Standard English please? IF I am, in fact, being insulted, I'd like to know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

So you googled my name.

Wow. You have some serious, SERIOUS issues. I honestly don't care, but the fact that you took even the 5 seconds to go over to google and search someone's screen name is really, really sad. It even ventures to being a little frightening.

You're seriously starting to toe the line of getting a restraining order put on you. See how anonymous you are when the police get information for BDC and come to knock on your door.

The "creep" factor has just entered a whole new level.

Wow. Seriously. Go get some fresh air. Find a new hobby. Wow buddy, I'm really taken aback.

My name's out there, so have some balls and put yours out there. I won't complain to BDC about you doing it, I have no illusions of privacy here...but if you're so willing to throw someone else's name out there, put your own also. Otherwise, go crawl back into your little hole and die.

I live in Mansfield, CT too. If you want to come have a little chat, just let me know p u s s y.

Sections
Shortcuts