Luke Scott shares his love of Red Sox fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Luke Scott shares his love of Red Sox fans

From Eric Wilbur here at  Boston.com:

Memo: When Luke Scott comes to Boston on April 13 with the Tampa Bay Rays, please don't swear at the fella, OK?

Scott, a whiny, bit part .220-hitting member of the Orioles team that helped knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs (remember that?) last season opened up to MLB.com recently about his love for Red Sox fans. As in, he has none.

"Just their arrogance," Scott said. "The fans come in and they take over the city. They're ruthless. They're vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis -- classiest fans in the game. You do well, there's no vulgarity. You know what? You don't wish them bad."
    Scott dodged the ensuing Orioles dog pile on the field at the end of the winning rally -- surgically repaired shoulders don't fare well in said situations. Nevertheless, Scott enjoyed the electric atmosphere.
    "The clubhouse afterward was like we'd just won the World Series -- a lot of celebrating, a lot of high emotions," Scott said.

Those emotions escalated a notch moments later when Longoria made the Rays winners with a homer.

"Everybody's giving high-fives, then all of a sudden [Longoria] homers," Scott said.

"Everybody's in the clubhouse and it's like, Bam! And we're like, 'Go home Boston! Pack your bags. See you next year.'"

Once he'd showered and packed his things for the offseason, Scott headed for his car and started home.

"I got to see a priceless thing driving back to my apartment," Scott said. "I see all the Boston fans walking around, and I mean they were crying crocodile tears. People were like this, walking side by side."

Scott wrapped his arm around a reporter's waist and began to wail to demonstrate.

"It was like someone shot their dog. I rolled down the window and I'm like, 'Ah, hah, sucks doesn't it, when someone laughs or makes fun of you when things aren't going your way.'"

Again, April 13. Please be respectful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Luke Scott shares his love of Red Sox fans

In Response to Luke Scott shares his love of Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]From Eric Wilbur here at  Boston.com: Memo: When Luke Scott comes to Boston on April 13 with the Tampa Bay Rays, please don't swear at the fella, OK? Scott, a whiny, bit part  .220-hitting member of the Orioles team that helped knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs (remember that?) last season opened up to MLB.com recently about his love for Red Sox fans. As in, he has none. "Just their arrogance," Scott said. "The fans come in and they take over the city. They're ruthless. They're vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis -- classiest fans in the game. You do well, there's no vulgarity. You know what? You don't wish them bad." Scott dodged the ensuing Orioles dog pile on the field at the end of the winning rally -- surgically repaired shoulders don't fare well in said situations. Nevertheless, Scott enjoyed the electric atmosphere. "The clubhouse afterward was like we'd just won the World Series -- a lot of celebrating, a lot of high emotions," Scott said. Those emotions escalated a notch moments later when Longoria made the Rays winners with a homer. "Everybody's giving high-fives, then all of a sudden [Longoria] homers," Scott said. "Everybody's in the clubhouse and it's like, Bam! And we're like, 'Go home Boston! Pack your bags. See you next year.'" Once he'd showered and packed his things for the offseason, Scott headed for his car and started home. "I got to see a priceless thing driving back to my apartment," Scott said. "I see all the Boston fans walking around, and I mean they were crying crocodile tears. People were like this, walking side by side." Scott wrapped his arm around a reporter's waist and began to wail to demonstrate. "It was like someone shot their dog. I rolled down the window and I'm like, 'Ah, hah, sucks doesn't it, when someone laughs or makes fun of you when things aren't going your way.'" Again, April 13. Please be respectful.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

A couple of season's in the Trop and Luke is going to be begging to be back in Baltimore, listening to obnoxious Sox fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

lets be real, the guy has a point.  if fans are talking about family members, that is stepping over the line.  sox fans ripped yankee fans when they heckled cliff lee's wife, or pats fans ripped giants fans when they heckled giselle.  so if sox fans are heckling family members, its just as bad.  is it just sox and yankees fans...probably not, all fans have drunken idiots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Luke has a point.  And he articulated it well.  And so, an Aceves fastball should find its way into his ribs first game vs. Rays ... JUST KIDDING!! ... not kidding ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I read this yesterday and didn't have a problem with it.

There are obnoxious fans in EVERY fanbase unfortunately, and they often make the most noise against bad teams. It's too bad we all get dragged down with them, but yeah, there are plenty of Sox fans who deserved to hear that.

Was it immature? Sure, but the guy plays a kids game for millions of dollars a year, are we also to expect maturity?

Winning tends to bring out the worst in people, and Sox fans have gotten very bad over the past few years. It doesn't HAVE to be this way, I, for one, will not boo Scott as the author mentions. If you boo Scott, turn around and boo the fans in the stadium too...that's where it all started. Scott didn't just decide to be a jerk and rub it in everyone's faces, he was responding to, probably years of ridicule, and finally had some ammo to fire back.

I WILL draft Luke Scott this year if he's available....in the final round. Heck, maybe the second to last.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Luke Scott shares his love of Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]lets be real, the guy has a point.  if fans are talking about family members, that is stepping over the line.  sox fans ripped yankee fans when they heckled cliff lee's wife, or pats fans ripped giants fans when they heckled giselle.  so if sox fans are heckling family members, its just as bad.  is it just sox and yankees fans...probably not, all fans have drunken idiots.
    Posted by eddiewilson[/QUOTE]

eddie, I understand your point, but I believe the yankee fan issue with Lee involved more than just heckling...my recollection was their was spitting and throwing of items at the family during the games.

Now regarding Sox fans in Baltimore...I've been to Camden Yards multiple times and have not witnessed this terrible behavior the Scott is whining about...although I am certain there are a few Sox fans, who drink a bit too much, sitting out in RF or LF that might heckle a player like any fan in any city would...I think this kind of thing happens with all fanbases, not just Boston.

Scott should realize that those Boston hecklers also fill the park because O's fans don't show up and they add a postiive influx of revenue to the Baltimore economy...just ask the businesses along the inner harbor.

Wait, he will experience the same thing in Tampa now...since they don't fill their stadium either...and he's make himself even more of a target now...sometimes they should just shut up and not let the fans know they are bothered by them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Did Scott find Obama's birth certificate yet?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from janthefan. Show janthefan's posts

i have been to baltimore to for a game and without sox fans being there the stadium would be empty!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Did Scott find Obama's birth certificate yet?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

lol

What a redneck moron.  Also, what are "crocodile tears"? Maybe Luke Scott should be bashing Jerry Angelos for not being a good owner, and in fact, being a crook, to the point it allows for plenty of visiting teams fans to attend O's games?

Also, the irony of that fact allowing for more money to go into Luke Scott's pocket/salary.

Lastly, what legit, pro athlete would roll a window down and mock fans who pay to see you?  No realistic Sox fan thought they were set to do damagae in the postseason anyway, so the "greatest game in MLB history" really isn't the greatest game in MLB history.

What a tremendous moron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Isnt Luke Scott a DH who bats .220?  Why does this guy have a job again?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Isnt Luke Scott a DH who bats .220?  Why does this guy have a job again?
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]hey Drewski, long time...how are ya?. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

There was a lot of bad blood with the O's last year - it started in ST with the Showalter comments, and then there was the Ortiz / Kevin Gregg incident. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luke Scott shares his love of Red Sox fans : hey Drewski, long time...how are ya?. 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Hi Jete.  Hope all is well. (Dont blast me, Pike)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

unrelated but Grady Sizemore is already out for up to 12 weeks... glad the FO did not listen to me and sign him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luke Scott shares his love of Red Sox fans : Hi Jete.  Hope all is well. (Dont blast me, Pike)
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Up for some Fantasy Baseball?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

It sure sounds like Luke Scott has a loser's mentality.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Did Scott find Obama's birth certificate yet?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Which one? The Hawaiian or Kenyan?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Message received. I'm sure Scott will get exactly the reception he deserves. As a general rule I do accept the notion that Red Sox fans are guests in someone else's home, and that all good guests should act with decorum. That means cheering your team, not booing the home team,etc. Be polite! I know it's difficult when we comprise 50-60% of the fans seated to remember we're not at home, but it's important to try. The once proud Oriole's franchise has been sooo destroyed by Peter Angelos that the Camden Yard fans are almost demented with frustration. It's best not to rile them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Message received. I'm sure Scott will get exactly the reception he deserves. As a general rule I do accept the notion that Red Sox fans are guests in someone else's home, and that all good guests should act with decorum. That means cheering your team, not booing the home team,etc. Be polite! I know it's difficult when we comprise 50-60% of the fans seated to remember we're not at home, but it's important to try. The once proud Oriole's franchise has been sooo destroyed by Peter Angelos that the Camden Yard fans are almost demented with frustration. It's best not to rile them.
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

I agree with your notion about guest fan decorum.  In this regard, I find it interesting that Sox fans are so reviled.  Of course, out in the drunken streets, I am sure there are plenty of massholish behavior and such, but, in the stadiums, Sox fans by and large refrain from any kind of booing of the home team and antagonistic behavior.  the booing and negative vibes always seem to come from home fans annoyed that the cheering for the Sox has taken over their park.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Luke Scott had to start talking with his mouth once he realized he wasn't able to do it with his bat anymore....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Message received. I'm sure Scott will get exactly the reception he deserves. As a general rule I do accept the notion that Red Sox fans are guests in someone else's home, and that all good guests should act with decorum. That means cheering your team, not booing the home team,etc. Be polite! I know it's difficult when we comprise 50-60% of the fans seated to remember we're not at home, but it's important to try. The once proud Oriole's franchise has been sooo destroyed by Peter Angelos that the Camden Yard fans are almost demented with frustration. It's best not to rile them.
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but what kind of imbecile of a player would roll down their car window to talk trash to fans? This brings the term rabbit ears to a new level. Couldn't he have instead turned on his radio to listen to his buddy Rush Limbaugh?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I get that some RS fans have developed a severe sense of entitlement and can be annoying.

But he makes it sound like this was one of lifes true highlights for him.  I've never really taken a lot away from losing seasons.  No moral victories or anything.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Its another non story. All teams have idiot fans who will say and do almost anything. If Scott thinks none of his fans would not have been crying if his team just failed to make the playoffs, how clueless is he. Oh wait, the O's don't make the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Luke Scott shares his love of Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]From Eric Wilbur here at  Boston.com: Memo: When Luke Scott comes to Boston on April 13 with the Tampa Bay Rays, please don't swear at the fella, OK? Scott, a whiny, bit part  .220-hitting member of the Orioles team that helped knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs (remember that?) last season opened up to MLB.com recently about his love for Red Sox fans. As in, he has none. "Just their arrogance," Scott said. "The fans come in and they take over the city. They're ruthless. They're vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis -- classiest fans in the game. You do well, there's no vulgarity. You know what? You don't wish them bad." Scott dodged the ensuing Orioles dog pile on the field at the end of the winning rally -- surgically repaired shoulders don't fare well in said situations. Nevertheless, Scott enjoyed the electric atmosphere. "The clubhouse afterward was like we'd just won the World Series -- a lot of celebrating, a lot of high emotions," Scott said. Those emotions escalated a notch moments later when Longoria made the Rays winners with a homer. "Everybody's giving high-fives, then all of a sudden [Longoria] homers," Scott said. "Everybody's in the clubhouse and it's like, Bam! And we're like, 'Go home Boston! Pack your bags. See you next year.'" Once he'd showered and packed his things for the offseason, Scott headed for his car and started home. "I got to see a priceless thing driving back to my apartment," Scott said. "I see all the Boston fans walking around, and I mean they were crying crocodile tears. People were like this, walking side by side." Scott wrapped his arm around a reporter's waist and began to wail to demonstrate. "It was like someone shot their dog. I rolled down the window and I'm like, 'Ah, hah, sucks doesn't it, when someone laughs or makes fun of you when things aren't going your way.'" Again, April 13. Please be respectful.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]It's really sad when a professional baseball player allows fans to get under his skin.  Doesn't speak well for poor Scott.

Sections
Shortcuts