Maddon: We benefitted from the roof / catwalk once again

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Maddon: We benefitted from the roof / catwalk once again

Tear down that damn catwalk.  In fact tear down the whole stinking Tropdump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Tear down that damn catwalk.  In fact tear down the whole stinking Tropdump.

Agreed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pedroia's right he should have caught it, but it was Napoli's to catch or not, plus Pedroia said even he had a problem keeping his eye on it.  I don't think the ball hit anything up there, but that doesn't mean the catwalk, etc weren't a problem.  The Trop is a travesty.

That said, the Sox struggled a lot after Ortiz's first inning dinger, and let's not forget that Pedroia's double beforehand was greatly helped by hitting third base.  Longoria in the replay was clearly in position to field it and throw Pedroia out.  The Sox were not hitting, and Lackey was definitely struggling on the mound.  If that 4th inning pop up gets caught and the game is tied going into the 5th, I still think the Sox have a hard time winning that game.  The Rays have a better bullpen, and our guys struggled at the plate after the 1st inning. 

The catwalk is rotten, but the Rays earned that win last night. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

My garage is a better ballpark than Tropicana. That monstrosity needs to be bulldozed.