Mailing it in!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Mailing it in!

How often have we seen the Sox score 4,5 or 6 runs in one inning?
    Francona quit this game after 6 innings when we down by 5, into their BP, and still had 9 outs to go. He brings in Albers and starts removing his starting 8, essentially throwing in the towel.
    It doens't matter what the score, the game is not over until the 27th out.
    MOTY? What a joke!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Mailing it in!

Don't take this personally but I hate your avatar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Mailing it in!:
    Don't take this personally but I hate your avatar.
    Posted by BurritoT

C'mon man, it's Alibi Ike! You don't like Joe E. Brown?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Its hard for me to take you seriously, every time I look at the photo I just... well I can't get past it. lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Its hard for me to take you seriously, every time I look at the photo I just... well I can't get past it. lol.
    Posted by BurritoT

LMAO! Yeah, I see your point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Fans are paying premium prices for games of 9 innings,, 
    Fancona is acting like his team needs the rest.

This team has had it's rest, it's the middle of the home stand  with multiple days off in the last   3 weeks.

The Phils  are playing  33 games in 30 days or something like that and rolling along like a machine.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Mailing it in! : C'mon man, it's Alibi Ike! You don't like Joe E. Brown?
    Posted by Alibiike

Just saw him in an old RT 66 episode with Buster Keaton.
    Man, it was funny.

Hope ya never change that pic!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Just heard this, Beckett has come off the DL eight times, he averages 5.1 innings and 2.2 runs a game. Easy to manage this game if I was Tampa, keep it close, and get to the Sox BP. Sox have to blow Sheilds away. Sox need an offensive blowout, need it bad.
    Posted by bobbysu

Is this another of UR truths?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Mailing it in!:
    How often have we seen the Sox score 4,5 or 6 runs in one inning? Francona quit this game after 6 innings when we down by 5, into their BP, and still had 9 outs to go. He brings in Albers and starts removing his starting 8, essentially throwing in the towel. It doens't matter what the score, the game is not over until the 27th out. MOTY? What a joke!
    Posted by Alibiike

Yes, great f-in idea.  He should throw out one of the only three relievers he can trust (and many would have not included Bard in that mix) for the likelihood of a 6 run comeback after six innings so they'll be less sharp for the one-run tightrope game they play the next day. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Ike keeps his avatar for a reason!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In Response to Mailing it in! : Yes, great f-in idea.  He should throw out one of the only three relievers he can trust (and many would have not included Bard in that mix) for the likelihood of a 6 run comeback after six innings so they'll be less sharp for the one-run tightrope game they play the next day. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas

Francona also could have put in Lester or Beckett for a few inning each.  But no, old predictable Terry did what he always does - and every other manager would do - the boring, predictable, right thing.

Sections
Shortcuts