Major League Source: No Red Sox Plans Yet to Trade a Catcher - Scott Lauber, Boston Herald

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Major League Source: No Red Sox Plans Yet to Trade a Catcher - Scott Lauber, Boston Herald

Well, Napoli won't be able to catch from the sounds of it (if they even sign him), so that would leave them with 3 catchers. I'd figure Lavarnaway would be in AAA. If he tears it up there maybe at the trade deadline they look to deal Salty. No hurry to trade one IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Major League Source: No Red Sox Plans Yet to Trade a Catcher - Scott Lauber, Boston Herald

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, Napoli won't be able to catch from the sounds of it (if they even sign him), so that would leave them with 3 catchers. I'd figure Lavarnaway would be in AAA. If he tears it up there maybe at the trade deadline they look to deal Salty. No hurry to trade one IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  The Sox may have 3 guys at or near MLB level (Ross, Salty, Lava) but after that no help near.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe that when they took Napoli he was never going to be a catcher. If we didn't let Bobby throw Youk away, we would already have a first baseman. Unbelievable now we're going to spend a lot for another first baseman.

[/QUOTE]

not sure if we would even want Youk. He seemed pretty done last year.