Make 3 bold predictions for 2013 :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Make 3 bold predictions for 2013 :)

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

you get owned no matter who your debating. wether it be yankee fan or sox fan. You have 0 baseball acumen and it shows in your rare (and i do mean RARE) baseball posts.

which makes me pose the question.. why do you even come here?? you hardly ever discuss baseball, you just harp on yankee fans for no reason other than liking the yankees and you never add anything of use to a topic. so why do you spend so much time here?? surely you must have a life that can preoccupy you instead.. or maybe you don't. which would explain A LOT

I come here because I'm a Sox fan. Something you may not be familiar with. And I discuss baseball all the time. In case you haven't noticed because you're not following baseball, this is the off-season. Most of the discussions are about players on other teams and whether they're coming here or not. I don't know alot about players on other teams, so I don't put my 2 cents in where it doesn't belong.

And I don't care whether you believe I have a life or not. I've always had a life. You say you're 20. When I was 20 I wasn't home posting 24/7 on a sports board. I can tell you that. I was barely ever home and doing rock videos and hanging out with people you'll never meet.

FTR I'm on my own team board, and not here mocking Sox fans even using football to do it.

R any of them on U-tube?

There's no way I really wanted to post that here. It was stupid. You just get fed up with idiots that you talk to here. I'm not going to say anything else that might identify me in videos or in general. The first was as a favor for a friend in a band and I didn't realize that the people who make the videos keep asking you for another and another. I really meant for it to be just the one. I did a second one, but after that I just stopped taking their calls. I didn't know when I agreed to do it, that they were expecting a lifetime commitment.

OK

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

1) Agon wins the NL MVP 

2) Beckett wins more than 16 games

3) Crawford joins 30-30 club.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Another good thread trashed by kimsaysthis...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

kimsaysthis has trashed another thread.  What else is new.  LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Yeah, umm...

1) Lackey comes back strong and wins 13-15 games with ERA around 4.

2) Drew and Napoli stay healthy and have strong seasons.

3) Bailey reclaims the closing job.

And a bonus!

4) Energized by late-season cameos by Jackie Bradley and Xander Bogaerts, the Red Sox win 92 games and sneak into a wild card spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

1. Youk gets cut at midseason 2. Blue Jays & Yanks both stink 3.Lackey wins 17

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

R any of them on U-tube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_2nM_p5eQ

That was pretty funny.

LMAO 1st time I saw it

not sure if there's a hotter vid than Shakira in the orinial

wonder if some one starts

a 3 hottest video thread some day

if KST will enter hers

[/QUOTE]

It's up there

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Yeah, umm...

And a bonus!

4) Energized by late-season cameos by Jackie Bradley and Xander Bogaerts, the Red Sox win 92 games and sneak into a wild card spot.

they "sneak in" at 92 wins?? damn.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

R any of them on U-tube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_2nM_p5eQ

[/QUOTE]

That is a difficult video to stomach in its entirety.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Yeah, umm...

And a bonus!

they "sneak in" at 92 wins?? damn.

While I like this, the prospect of Lackey's ERA being close to 4.00 is laughable!  Not gonna happen. 

having said that......  If he's going to stay???  I PRAY I'M DEAD WRONG!!!  I HOPE LACKLUSTER SHOVES  MY PREDICTIONS UP MY ____________>  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Lava hits 20 plus homers

Morales replaces Doubront in rotation in June and exels; De La Rosa replaces Lackey in rotation in June and excels

Beckett spends time on the DL

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Felix The Cat Doubront and Jack Rubby De LaRosa compete for Sox staff wins lead and both threaten for Cy Young Award wth 20 + wins.

Zac Greinke goes insane on mound durng game in late September under pressure  as Angels go down to wire vs. Oakland, with Hamilton & Pujols combining for 80 HR's.

Sox , led by unexpected slugging rookie outfielder ( either Brentz or Linares ) defeat Cincinnati in seven games to win World Championship for first time in 6 years.

Special BONUS prediction # 4 ...... Kevin Youkilis engages in fistfight with teamate Joba Chamberlain for throwing high and inside during batting practice.

I guess that really WAS a bold prediction, since Greinke is a Dodger, not an Angel for 2013, LOL.

Mea culpa !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to jimedfred's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

The two Dodger pitchers make an impact on the Sox staff !!!

Bill, I honestly wouldn't expect any major league contrbution from Webster this year. The "book" on him is that although his sinking fastball is ML-ready ( and could even be better than Derek Lowe's; with more velocity), he needs at least a year to complete development of his other pitches in order to have the full Big League rotation-worthy arsenal.

Rubby DeLaRosa, on the other hand , merely needs to prove his arm/elbow's health or durability to be an immediate factor, either out of bullpen or even as a starter; the latter would be much assisted if / when his changeup becomes consistent.

What I've been reading is that RDLR's changeup is ML ready right now, and might in fact be one of the better changes in the bigs. His slider needs work though as he seems to have trouble locating it. So what do you think? Does our boy JC Linares finally get a taste of the bigs this year? It would be pretty tough for him to hit any better than he did last year.

I hope so ! Seems there 's definitely room for a r/h hitting outfielder who can actually play defense in Boston, and am unsure Brentz is quite ready unless he does a Middlebrooks 2012 impression. Poor Linares needs to avoid the injury snakebite ( probably called up late last August if hadn't broken thumb soon after AAA callup), show consistency with bat and stick. I still compare his potential to that of Cespedes, who had similar numbers in Cuba.

But J.C. MUST hit right out of the gate in ST, just to be considered for the new 40 man roster.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Another good thread trashed by kimsaysthis...

Wow. Just think how long I thought you could actually read. My posts were in response to posters attacking me. It's amazing that you didn't find any fault with them. My name and all it's many bastardized incarnations probably appears more on this board than any of the Sox players combined. That's a fact.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

kimsaysthis has trashed another thread.  What else is new.  LOL

LOL Read the thread. It's YOUR thread, and you don't even know what you're talking about. Again, my comments were in response to comments attacking me. And I didn't even reply to the very first one by Bald-Predictions, a leftover hyphenated poster from Beni's threads that were created by Mikey to get Beni off the board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

1. Ryan Dempster win 14 games and pitches to a 3.75 ERA

2. Ryan Lavarnway takes over for the full time catching duty and hits .270/22/73 RBI with a .320 OBP.

3. Shane Victirno returns to his career norms.

Predicts for the rest of the MLB:

1. Will Meyers wins ROY

2. The A's fail to win 85 games.

3. Neither of the 2 Wild Cards come out the AL East

4. After long talks with Felix Hernandez Seattle and Felix realize that a long term contract just isn't in the books and King Felix is finally traded at the July 31st trade deadline

5. Josh Johnson and RA Dickey fail miserbly in their first seasons in the AL East and the Blue Jays fail to make the playoffs.

6. The Reds win the World Series.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Most RS & NYY posters shall admit their team really isn't very good. (That's 2)

BDC shall get the klinks out of this forum.

This is the boldest prediction in the thread...like Burrito said, this is supposed to be "predictions," not "fantasies," lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

1.) Ellsbury and a bullpen arm will be traded at deadline for 3 prospects; JBJ will be called up and contribute immediately.

2.) 6 Sox will hit 20 or more HR's (Papi,Salty,Napoli,Middlebrooks,Gomes, Pedroia)

3.) The Sox will go 88-74 and be in the hunt for the 2nd wild card until the last weekend of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts