Make Punto the everyday 2B.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Make Punto the everyday 2B.........

sometimes there just isn't a better answer....Scutaro will be our SS.  I don't see why everyone is so down on Scutty, for the price paid he has been one of our best players, and definitely one of the most consistent.  He was meant to be a short term fix for 2 or 3 years, and he is doing his job just fine. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

I can't wait for Moonslav to get on here and rip this idea apart......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

As a Yankee fan, I am all for removing your GG caliber 2B and move him to SS. Please do so.

I remember how the talk last year was how Youk would remain a GGer even though he was moving to a different position. How did that work out for you?

For Pete's sake - in the best interest of baseball, leave Pedey alone.

Maybe the Yanks should do the same and swap Jeter and Cano. Not!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Scutaro was only of only about 5 guys who played his heart out for us last season and now you want throw him under the bus?  He earned my respect last season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Moonbehind will come on here and say "I'd rather have Wastefield for 1 or 2 million dollars".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: Make Punto the everyday 2B.........:
    [QUOTE]Moonbehind will come on here and say "I'd rather have Wastefield for 1 or 2 million dollars".
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

I thought Nick Punto played infield???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

Nick Punto has always been and will probably always be a mediocre player.  He is a career .249 hitter compared to Scutero's .270.  The dropoff in production from jed to Nick will be noticable to the most die hard sox fan.
    Just love it when someone makes a statement that one player is better than another without any basis of fact.  Look it up lazy before posting.  Also Punto has 14 career HRS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDShorty. Show JDShorty's posts

Re: Make Punto the everday 2B.........

In Response to Re: Make Punto the everday 2B.........:
    [QUOTE]I'm just trying to think of ways to improve the left side defense. Certainly I would not move Pedey to SS unless he was 100% committed. Yes, Punto is a better defensive player than Scutaro, and yes, we would lose somthing at 2B but gain a whole lot more at SS which is a much more demanding position. You people don't give enough credit to Pedroia, he could easily make the transition and be a GG caliber SS as well, IMO. here's another out-of-the-box idea; Why not play Lavarnway in RF? It is his original college position and we could use a RH power bat in the OF. Now that Shoppach is on the roster, it makes perfect sense to get L-Way in the line-up.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

LOL, if you're so down on scutty.... why wouldnt you just put punto at SS???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

While the Red Sox have been scrambling to come up with a shortstop who can field and hit at the same time and have not found a long time one to man the position, the same cannot be said for second base.  Dustin Pedroia is one of the very best second sackers in all baseball.  He is an outstanding fielder, a slashing and consistent 300 type hitter and power enough to his 20 or more homers and steal 25 or so bases.  In other words, he is about close to the very best in baseball.  To move him to SS is in my opinion weakening two positions in order to plug one with a better player.  Besides, Punto isn't the hitter that Scutaro is, and if memory serves me right Marco was one of the very few Red Sox hitters who didn't fold like a tent last September.  In my opinion let's leave well enough alone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

AlibiIke should not be taken seriously, otherwise you are wasting a lot of your time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxnutinMn. Show SoxnutinMn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make Punto the everday 2B......... : So you'd prefer Pedey and Punto over Pedey and Scutaro? Fool.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

he's a fool because of his thought??   I don't agree with him but I don't think he is a fool because of his idea.  I do however think you are a moron for your comment.    I have a feeling I'm not the only one.   Nicely done

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make Punto the everday 2B......... : he's a fool because of his thought??   I don't agree with him but I don't think he is a fool because of his idea.  I do however think you are a moron for your comment.    I have a feeling I'm not the only one.   Nicely done
    Posted by SoxnutinMn[/QUOTE]

ADG was responding to the forum troll named AlibiIke who admits that he is a Dodger fan and is here to annoy / irritate. Most of the forum has him on ignore. You really should get to know the dynamics of the forum before taking sides. To start with ignore AlibiIke, Bosox1941, HankWilliamsJr, and Babe. They are here to waste your time and energy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I remember once upon a time, posters concerend about our lack of production at SS wanted to move Papi to 1B, Youk to 2B, and Pedey to SS.

In terms of UZR/150, Scutaro ranks firmly in the middle of the pack.  Hardly reason to make changes.

IRT Lav in RF, he's never played an inning in the minors.  I remember the short-lived experiment with putting Youk in LF v the NYY.  The best that can be said about that is that the ball didn't hit him in the head and kill him.

For that matter, Pedey hasn't played SS in over 5 years.

And our team defense more than scoring.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"here's another out-of-the-box idea; Why not play Lavarnway in RF? It is his original college position and we could use a RH power bat in the OF."

Let's take a big slow guy and put him in one of the toughest OF positions in MLB.  Big difference between playing OF in the Ivy League vs the pros.

I have a hard time believing that Alibiike even believes what he posts.  Too many of his suggestions are totally off the wall.  I think he just tries to throw crap against the wall to stir the pot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Make Punto the everyday 2B.........:
    [QUOTE]"here's another out-of-the-box idea; Why not play Lavarnway in RF? It is his original college position and we could use a RH power bat in the OF." Let's take a big slow guy and put him in one of the toughest OF positions in MLB.  Big difference between playing OF in the Ivy League vs the pros. I have a hard time believing that Alibiike even believes what he posts.  Too many of his suggestions are totally off the wall.  I think he just tries to throw crap against the wall to stir the pot.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

True about Alibiike and he will keep spewing his nonsense if the forum takes him seriously.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

JOSE IGLESIAS IS COMING

Sections
Shortcuts